ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ms banning modded 360's !

Fiesta ST
I believe you ;)

Glad you do as the police don't!

Anyway - there were always rumors that this was gonna happen - I suppose you took your chance's. Losing on-line play might seem trivial if you play off-line all the time but I think you missing out on so much of the 360 features and what makes you coming back for more.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I just want to know how they detected it..

Mine isnt banned btw.. havent been on live for a while..

Evo 8 Jap Crap
The fact they have banned the console and not the xbox live account means someone will create a software hack to get around it im sure.

You can just reflash your firmware back to standard if you really want online play again anyway

MY10 R35 GTR
hmmmmmmmm maybe i'll stick the cd i got so it buts the firmware back to standard. I bought the 360 of a mate who had it chipped buti've never bought a pirate game.

A mate of mine said its when you download the recent update it does a system check to check out ur firmware or along those lines.

Last edited:
  SLK 350
Funnycar55 - If you're banned mate, it will be from there end, on a permanent basis. Unless you change your EEPROM and manufacture another Xbox serial identifier, your unit will remain banned. IMO you may aswell leave it flashed and enjoy your back-ups, cause that unit won't be going back on Live again, period.

MY10 R35 GTR
Funnycar55 - If you're banned mate, it will be from there end, on a permanent basis. Unless you change your EEPROM and manufacture another Xbox serial identifier, your unit will remain banned. IMO you may aswell leave it flashed and enjoy your back-ups, cause that unit won't be going back on Live again, period.

:(

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Funnycar dont listen to the hoff mate.

Get your 360 flashed back to the original firmware and you can use it as normal on live again.

My mate reflashed his back this afternoon and is on live as we speak kicking arse :approve:

Evo 8 Jap Crap
You need to remove the dvd drive from the 360 and connect it to a pc to flash the firmware mate, not heard of it being done through a cd before??

MY10 R35 GTR
i just foned my mate i got it from and it is modded, all he got was a cd with it. its got "x360 firmware do not lose" written on it.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Yeah you upload that firmware to the dvd drive, but the drive needs to be connected to the pc with a sata connection and the you use the firmware thats on the cd to flash it back

Glad I didn't flash mine now haha... Although it could still be worth it as I dont really use live that much -_-

SLK 350
The_0ne, that's very odd as the 10+ pages regaridng this issue on the XB Scene forums aren't agreeing with your view point.

MY10 R35 GTR
Yeah you upload that firmware to the dvd drive, but the drive needs to be connected to the pc with a sata connection and the you use the firmware thats on the cd to flash it back

oooooooooooooooo in a word then im fcuked lol

SLK 350
It's futile anyway, he's talking bull there isn't ANY way around it apart from changing the HD and getting a new EPROM.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
The_0ne, that's very odd as the 10+ pages regaridng this issue on the XB Scene forums aren't agreeing with your view point.

Better tell that to my mate (Gamertag Kaj71) whos online right now on his previously flashed 360

Evo 8 Jap Crap
It's futile anyway, he's talking bull there isn't ANY way around it apart from changing the HD and getting a new EPROM.

Think you should get your facts right before you accuse ppl of talking bull.

My mate is on xbox live right now - FACT

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Right heres the crack.

If you have turned your 360 on today and connected to live and subsequently been banned then you cant reflash your firmware to get on live.

If you HAVENT turned it on and connected to live then reflashing your firmware to stock will work.

It seems microsoft applied the checks from today.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Funnycar dont listen to the hoff mate.

Get your 360 flashed back to the original firmware and you can use it as normal on live again.

My mate reflashed his back this afternoon and is on live as we speak kicking arse :approve:

Thats great, but ive already lost one genuine copy of Tiger Woods 07 due to the 360's love of making scratchy rings on the disk !! and M$ wont replace them :(

SLK 350
Right heres the crack.

If you have turned your 360 on today and connected to live and subsequently been banned then you cant reflash your firmware to get on live.

If you HAVENT turned it on and connected to live then reflashing your firmware to stock will work.

It seems microsoft applied the checks from today.

If you've not been banned already there's a chance you'll be banned later, only certain drive types and fw's have been banned upto now and as it seems MS have been silently logging incidents even before the spring update then it's likely they'll ban the rest also. Even people have been banned who haven't used a backup for months and have since reverted to OE firmware, so theres proof that logging has occured.

But back to what I was saying, he said he was banned. I said he was fked and it was useless, you then claimed it could be reversed (it isn't) and hence talking bull.

The end.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
It aint bullshit.

Anyway microsoft have fucked up big time, there are people with standard unmodded xbox's that have been banned.

Mine is still working fine :approve:

MY10 R35 GTR
i never said i was banned. i said "ooooooooooo im fcuked then" cos i dont have a clue how to rewrite the firmware with the cd ive got. Even though "The one" explain how (cheers mate :)) i dont have the cables of know how to do it.

Golf GTD
anyone know if they are banning you for having a flashed drive or banning you for using backups? if its the latter ill just play my originals for a bit if not ill have to lay low.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
People with samsungs and 5.3 firmware seem to be ok.

People with hitachis are getting banned.

People with hitachis who have switched to a samsung drive and playing stealth copies are also working fine.

Microsoft aint so clever ;)

SLK 350
People who have left their drives flashed, but haven't played back-ups seem to be reporting they aren't banned. It's still not clear how they are recognising people to ban them.

Theres talk that people writing their own back-ups are failing to use the correct settings when writing the disc which is possible.

Funnycar, sorry I assumed you'd been banned given your reaction. Eitherway if you banned, you're fked it's that simple. If you haven't been banned, I'd not use any back-ups.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
yup there is but ms has found yet another way they thought they would use disk jitter and modded the firmware to by pass it but it seems they are using something else ms arnt stupid

I'm sure they're not stupid, but neither for that matter are the people who mastermind these exploits/hacks and circumvent the security which prior to the 360's release was deemed "unhackable".

There will be a way around whatever method they're using to detect modded 360's. There is always a way...

Here here.

Most of the genius' in the software/coding world are either MD's or wanted;).

The PROBLEM with this philosiphy though, is that when MS releases a patch to detect the latest method of hacking, the majority of end users will find themselves being banned before they realise they're not supposed to go online until they've had the latest mod.

All a lot of hassle in my eyes, I used to be into hacking etc, but now a days the worst I do is download a few mp3s from the web.

MY10 R35 GTR

People with hitachis who have switched to a samsung drive and playing stealth copies are also working fine.

how can u tell which one you've got???

its cool hoff i'll still jump into ur car.:p

Evo 8 Jap Crap

how can u tell which one you've got???

Open up your dvd tray if it looks like this picture you have a samsung drive, if it isnt like that then you have the hitachi or benq drive

samsung_360_dvd_tray_500.jpg

Evo 8 Jap Crap
People who have left their drives flashed, but haven't played back-ups seem to be reporting they aren't banned. It's still not clear how they are recognising people to ban them.

Theres talk that people writing their own back-ups are failing to use the correct settings when writing the disc which is possible.

Funnycar, sorry I assumed you'd been banned given your reaction. Eitherway if you banned, you're fked it's that simple. If you haven't been banned, I'd not use any back-ups.

Not banned and still using back ups as are lots of other people with samsung drives over at xbox scene.

Microsofts software detection has fucked up and isnt accurate, as i say people with factory xbox's are being banned by mistake also.

Golf GTD
ive got a sammy with 5.3. cant seem to get on xbox-scene at the min. you reckon ill be alright the 0ne?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
ive got a sammy with 5.3. cant seem to get on xbox-scene at the min. you reckon ill be alright the 0ne?

Have you played the halo3 beta because that seems to be another link, a very large percentage of banned ppl have played that.

Seems it gathers data from your xbox.

Yaris Hybrid
Well I hope they get it fixed so that all people with modded boxes are banned. I pay good money for the legit stuff and that funds the development of new games. I have no gripes with the price of the games, in fact I am surprised that the prices have remained so low given the increasing costs. I remember 15 years ago paying £44.99 for SNES games where as I buy my 360 games for £34.99.

So it really annoys me when I pay good (but fair) money to support the development of new games where as others just get pirate copies for free.

But then I have a chip on my shoulder because the same people were responsible for killing off the Amiga and just look what they have done to PC gaming over the last 10 years. The PC was the king but now compared to 10 years ago the selection of games is tragic.

Then you have the cheats that started ruining Xbox 1 games. Cheating sucks on the PC but at least on Live we are all used to it being relatively fair.