ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 182 had to go

renaultsport 182
unfortunately after just 6 weeks of ownership it had to go, i just couldnt get along with it.. all the little niggly problems were adding up to £££s.. and it was due belts and service as well as tax at the end of this month.. also after coming off an R6 and getting into a 182 i should have known that the excitment factor wouldnt be anywhere as good.. i had to get rid of the R6 last year due to a wrist op, went to the doc yesterday and asked if it was ok to get another and he said no problem, so i have traded the 182 for a CBR100 rr fireblade. went for a test ride today and it blew me away. raw power and handling,, im gutted about not getting on with the car but i found it badly built and lacking excitment but thats just my opinion.. it also didnt help that i was paying £146 a month insurance :(

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If your into bikes no car is gonna feel as fast unless you spend big money.

If it makes you feel better i'm not enjoying my car today, it's p1ssing down
with rain, the windows keep steaming up, the remap I did felt great yesterday,
today it feels like its gone back to standard, I need 2 new tyres, new frount brakes
and my insurance is £335 and i'm 34yrs old with sh1t loads of no claims.

Sometimes I think I should have stuck with the Golf TDI I had a few years ago!!

Rant over.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
If your into bikes no car is gonna feel as fast unless you spend big money.

If it makes you feel better i'm not enjoying my car today, it's p1ssing down
with rain, the windows keep steaming up, the remap I did felt great yesterday,
today it feels like its gone back to standard, I need 2 new tyres, new frount brakes
and my insurance is £335 and i'm 34yrs old with sh1t loads of no claims.

Sometimes I think I should have stuck with the Golf TDI I had a few years ago!!

Rant over.

lol i feel like that soemtimes, i must be getting old. :(

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I keep thinking i need a slightly more grown up car. Mk1 TT 225 keeps springing to mind but the Clios fairly cheap to run, reasonably quick but i fancy something i little more mature

rps13
whoaaaaahh just added up my car's total service history not including modifications, tax, mot's or tyres= £4602

Audi TT 3.2 V6
At least get something that handles

By all accounts they handle reasonably well if theyve had the recalls done by Audi? Heard steering feel is a little numb but other than that theyre quite capable cars.

What would you recomend for around the £7-7.5k mark? I considered BMW 330 coupes all though ive gone of them a little now if im honest

renaultsport 182
By all accounts they handle reasonably well if theyve had the recalls done by Audi? Heard steering feel is a little numb but other than that theyre quite capable cars.

What would you recomend for around the £7-7.5k mark? I considered BMW 330 coupes all though ive gone of them a little now if im honest

if you have that kinda dough then go for a vauxhall vx220 they are amazing

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
I keep thinking i need a slightly more grown up car. Mk1 TT 225 keeps springing to mind but the Clios fairly cheap to run, reasonably quick but i fancy something i little more mature
Thats what i was thinking when looking at a BMW 123d, but a few things have happened that made me realise i need to live life and enjoy it while i can, add to the fact i'm only 23, not exactly ancient! So now its either a scirocco R or exige!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Can't fault you mate. Unfortunately my budget doesnt stretch to anything as exciting as that as im not sure how secure my job is atm so only want to buy what i can afford without any extra finance. Im also 23 but i need a car which can carry my tools etc to work with being an electrician (well i qualify in a few weeks so close enough lol).

decisions decisions.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Can't fault you mate. Unfortunately my budget doesnt stretch to anything as exciting as that as im not sure how secure my job is atm so only want to buy what i can afford without any extra finance. Im also 23 but i need a car which can carry my tools etc to work with being an electrician (well i qualify in a few weeks so close enough lol).

decisions decisions.

Same back to you mate, as said on RS the only reason i never put a deposit down on a scirocco was because of the R. Tbh i think i will get bored waiting for it to come out and now i have got into detailing i think the amount of time i have put into the cup recently may sway my decision again as the cup is almost looking faultless, have considered getting a 1*2 as a second car and modding that. Also as mentioned on RS i am currently on a course that in around 8 weeks may see me promoted, but good luck on your electrician training.

Clio 182,5GT Turbo Raider
also after coming off an R6 and getting into a 182 i should have known that the excitment factor wouldnt be anywhere as good

I bought a 182 a couple of months ago, previous car was a 5 gt turbo raider with lots of mods, very exciting but a bit harsh/raw compared to the 182 , the 5 is now sorned unfortunately but with time and money permitting it will be back on the road (turbo, head gasket,wheel bearing, driveshaft, rust, radiator, etc, etc), but owning it for 19 years i cant get my head around not having it in my life!
Anyway, the 182 is black/ gold, 54 reg, 46k miles, fsh but not main dealer so i have changed the engine and gearbox oil, oil filter, air filter(k-tec), cabin pollen filter, fixed the air-con (climate control), adjusted the tracking and done a few other little jobs.
The cambelt/ auxbelts need changing this year, the mot is due in November so it looks like the bank balance will suffer a hit, but i am not going to give up on it yet!
My 5 was 1 month old when i got it but the 182 has had a few owners so i am expecting a few problems, guess i will have to do even more overtime to pay for it!

I shouldn't bother if I was you, dull, dull, dull. My dad runs one and used to go on and on about how much fun it was to drive. It was in for MOT earlier on this week and as I was using my other car I lent him my ph1 172, finally got it back off him and he'd done 400 miles in it! He keeps borrowing it now lol. Midlife crisis?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I genuinely can't believe someone would think coming off an R6 and into a 182 would be exciting.

Being dumb ftl.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
audi tt from experience = not that reliable. in fact, from family ownership and a best friend having one, they have loads of bits go wrong. niggly and serious. My friends had/got gear box issues with the syncro and bulbs blowing, bearings going, bushes wearing - the list goes on.

172 clio ph1
Nothing really comes close to the thrill of 2 wheels. But as long as you dont look at cars and bikes the same excitement is available. It was the fact I love my bikes too that I ended up in the scooby type R. Okay, not quite back fast but it was damned quick. Didnt have to worry about falling off either (not that I ever have) I loved the blade we had, the first was the better of the two though.

Cars and bikes = totally different types of thrils really. I can get thrills at 60 on a bike than double that in a car but the I rode bikes long before I could drive.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
i went for the 05 one mate cos i like the look of them more. the new one looks like its been punched straight in the snout?? is that your gixxer??

yeah thats mine have had it since new, was going to change it this year, but have been doing less and less miles on it, its coming up to 20k now, used to commute all year round on it but now with a car too i can just use it when its dry. also being married with 2 kids spare time is minimal, weekends usually mean going with the boys to cricket, football, rugby etc etc lol

renaultsport 182
yeah thats mine have had it since new, was going to change it this year, but have been doing less and less miles on it, its coming up to 20k now, used to commute all year round on it but now with a car too i can just use it when its dry. also being married with 2 kids spare time is minimal, weekends usually mean going with the boys to cricket, football, rugby etc etc lol

i wanted a 750 for ages... gonna book next years tt this week before i end up with kids lol