ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my BG 182 picture thread

Hi everyone,

Let me introduce you to my BG 182, bought last October with 53,000m and FSH. It's after coming on this forum that I discovered it was a FF, I was just aware of the Cup chassis when I bought it !
I was surprised by the ride and the steering weight but it soon became part of the appeal as soon as some winding roads unraveled :p

It's been well cared after but has got some scratches here and there, I already had to replace both windscreen and headlight water jet motors (and the headlight jets still won't work so I have to take the fron bumper down someday)
and it will need new rear pads and brake liquid soon, as well as another set of front tires. I plan to keep as standard as possible and get all that bodywork done.

Anyway, here are some pics, hope you enjoy !

Clio182_05.jpg

Clio182_06.jpg

Clio182_07.jpg

this morning in the woods:

Clio182_09b.jpg

Clio182_10b.jpg

Clio182_11b.jpg

Clio182_12b.jpg

just went back from Renault where they changed the rear pads and put some new brake fluid (it was DOT4 before, and they put some DOT5 in it after cleaning the system). didn't have time to push the car but the pedal is easier to modulate in town.
next step : the driver's door needs some repairs, hopefully it doesn't really show on the pictures ;)

After changing rear pads and brake fluid to DOT5, the brakes are much better, progressive and fading resistant (though the pedal gets softer after 30mn or so of inspired driving).
I didn't know the roads but they proved brilliant, almost deserted, challenging and breathtaking. The sun was playing a bit with the clouds but hey ;)
The Clio was incredible, really poised, agile and fun. The car gives you options trough the corners and on 3rd gear right handers, the rear was just sliding to keep the car on the apex while the car was on 3 wheels, brilliant ! When I picked the car it was understeering quite a lot, it appears the tyre pressure was too high. The ESP action can be nasty on bumped roads so it's best to take it off.
Some of the roads were really narrow and bumpy but the wheels were constantly in contact with the road without the car being crashy. In fact it's just crashy in town but otherwise pretty much spot on.

clio182_18.jpg

A well spent afternoon then ;)

How can you find great roads near your place ? Check the rally stages around. As an added bonus, there will be large black paintings on the braking areas showing you the good line and the really-need-to-brake-hard-this-time corners. Out of one hairpin there were also wheel spin traces 20 meters afterward...

Some "Clio 182 Blackness" pics on these roads :

clio182_21.jpg

clio182_20.jpg

clio182_22.jpg

350Z
Nice pics bud, journeying to the south of France from UK in my 172 soon.. Definitely going to take a scenic route!!

Makes me wanna go and clean mine. Super duper colour and shine.

Actually it's a good point, the car was fairly clean but on close paint inspection, it really needs a good shine & wax.
Nonetheless, it's always showing great reflections on pictures, I'm always amazed at this BG color.

i started a project thread but will be happy to post non-mechanic pics here, especially B&W ones
bauxdeprovence-4.jpg

I just bought a Sony RX100 to replace my D700, couldn't bear the weight and size anymore (never thought i would say that)
maybe one day I'll find the 182 uncomfortable :p