ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Birthday Present to Myself - AMG Content!

RX7 FD
So I have been hunting around for an SLK55 for a while now test drove one back in the summer and wanted one.

I resigned myself to waiting to next year to find one, until a lovely looking example popped up barely 20 miles from where the old man lived. The temptation was too much and went along to have a look, and it was the ideal spec and condition I was looking for.

So the haggling happened and a few days later I popped a deposit down, and yesterday I picked her up.

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

What a lovely piece of kit she is, the engine is a fantastic piece of work and sounds fantastic. Having to use the paddles to get the most out of her but that is part of the fun.

The brakes are seriously impressive, lovely and progressive and have huge bite.

She feels heavy, plenty of grip available and obviously at the moment I have not got the stones to turn the ESP off!

Air scarf and Harmon Kardon are lovely and I couldn't be happier.

I do still have the Trophy as my daily hack ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
And theres me looking at a Canon camera for mine next month...lol

Looks great, enjoy matey.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ffs! Thanks mate! You've just ruined my Saturday!

/Jealous

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
It's a shame they never put the charger on them, the one I tested felt a bit wet, it was just all noise.

Free membership into Club-dk.

Perhaps oddly, I don't really have any love for these, but I can see why people like them. No doubt an awesome car.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ha another amg owner :D looks good mate :D as fred said even the esp on my e55 amg doesn't really do anything, apart from stop you doing a burnout lol it will still slide easy lol

RX7 FD
Thanks for the comments! Gally pop down to Kent and you can be jealous as you experience the noise!

//Munson you may call me pauper spec dk :)

The best bit is, it is only £225 to tax for the year. Which was a pleasant surprise when the dealer told me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Nice car, although personally it needs the multispokes on the silver car.

you are even showing you are in the club with the registration plate :)

i do have some bad news for you though, I believe it's in the £490 a year to tax......mine is the one with the reduced tax which is £260 a year, but yours is much higher emissions.

oh and esp on mine is brilliant, it's saved me a few times and sometimes is the only thing keeping me on the road with all that power on greasy roads. Be careful in the winter too, they are manageable, but you need to be light with the right foot.

DB.

BMW 440i
Very nice, Mercedes are growing on me all the time. It's just the RWD that puts me off for some stupid reason. I still think a Merc will be my next though!

Will you get winter tyres?

RX7 FD
i do have some bad news for you though, I believe it's in the £490 a year to tax......mine is the one with the reduced tax which is £260 a year, but yours is much higher emissions..

No bad news pal, mine was registered as a PLG (Private / Light Goods Vehicle ) and not under emissions on the V5 therefore cheap road tax!

RX7 FD
Very nice, Mercedes are growing on me all the time. It's just the RWD that puts me off for some stupid reason. I still think a Merc will be my next though!

Will you get winter tyres?

No no she will be tucked up and the Trophy will be used to run around in the pap weather :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yep, had no trouble with it whatsoever, and it had less issues getting up the slope from my carpark than the 250 had. The R26 and 250 both had the disadvantage of the LSD though, seemed to get really confused by snow.

being an automatic made it easier too, more control over starting off, in normal mode it pulls off in 2nd anyway.

The only bad point was being scared of some other tw*t driving too fast ploughing into me.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Mine is terrible in the snow, couldn't even get it from the garage (would go out but then not turn)

RS6 C7
These are an absolute hoon to drive although a little scary on the edge! I had one sideways at about 70/80!

Get the secondary cat removed! Sounds ludicrous!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Lovely...

am am going to spend the next few months debating what to get for my Le Mans/ Europe trip next summer... SL55 maybe a better but more risky choice for me

Lotus Elise
Comes with 6 months warrenty from the garage.

To be honest I am not overly worried, they are pretty reliable and I checked all the common bits when I looked at the car.

It's the electrics that would concern me but not enough to stop me buying one. Ace little hot rod, managed over 25mpg yet? ;)

RX7 FD
The electrics are not too bad by all accounts. The major concern was that both heated seats worked ok, which they did! I think that was the major electrics fault with the `55.

I actually managed 27mpg on the cruise home M3/M25/M20. But when I got off the motorway and used the loud pedal it dropped to 16 bwahahaha

Range Rover Sport
Really nice, I think the wheels let it down slightly. May look nicer in person as some wheels do!

Lovely machine you have there. AMG certainly know how to go fast in a straight line!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Is this 7 speed? Is it the usual AMG clutch instead of a torque converter setup? That the one thing I'm not overly keen on is the 'box. Even the latest MCT fitted to the 12-> cars is slow slow to react in manual!