ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My c4 cactus.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
So a lot of people where interested in this on the lease thread so I thought I'd give it it's own thread.
It's a lease car from g2l and for the money I thought it was a bit of a bargain.
20151116_100927_zpswqswpeyl.jpg

OK so we can start with the elephant in the room. The looks.
It's a love or hate thing really. I love the looks. It's a bit different than the usual boring vw stuff. I do really like the drls too. My mate said it looked like batman's shopping car.
This one gets the roof rails, tints and 17" diamond cut wheels.
20160207_141722_zpsir66rngx.jpg

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
I love the interior of the car. Hardly and buttons. It's all done via the touch screen, even the heater controls.
20160207_141301_zpsxrqt2hd9.jpg

Digital speedo like off knight rider. Kinda.
20160207_141316_zps2mawtcen.jpg

Reversing camera is really useful. Not just a gimik

20160207_141349_zpstrburfx5.jpg

It's a nice place to sit tho no rev counter is annoying.
Seats are spongey and comfy and it's all very stress free in there.

Soz doing this from my phone so have to do a bit at a time!

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Drive wise it's not very quick. This is the diesel with a woping 90 hp. Tho it does feel a bit quicker than that. It's stable at high speeds and eats motorway miles with ease. It's a very light car tho. Less than 1100 kgs (about the same as a 172 cup!) So on a windy day it does buff about a bit but it also changes direction quickly and feels fairly eger. All this lightness gives some mega mpgs tho. Best I've had is 72mpg on the computer so far.
IMG-20160122-WA0002_zpst29akvwc.jpg

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
So for me the good things are.
Looks ,
really cheep running costs (tax free, high mpg and 200 quid insurance.)
Rides the road well tho very spongey.
Relaxing drive and uncluttered dash.
Dab radio.
Bad points.
No rev counter
Bit more power would be nice.
Really thin paint and it's an arse to clean.
Rear seats don't split fold.
This is the top spec model that retails for 18k and I think that's too much money for this car. Think id be looking at the new hrv for that money. The lower spec car has nicer wheels and it's a good 4k less. No nav tho.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this up, just showed my other half and she's looking forward to getting ours now.

The sliver wheels actually look abit better than I first thought. Agree on the cheaper 16" alloys aswell if I had the choice I'd have them instead.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I really like these.

Very odd about the seats and windows...

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Had it 4 months now so quite a while.
I thought 18k was a bit steep. The extras on this car don't really Warrent another 4k. As far as in can work out you only get the tints, wheels and nav extra.
Oh and black paint is really expensive! 800 quid iirc.

@Jay.S
What spec have you gone for?

1.2 Flair(82hp). Obsidian black with the 17" cross black alloys. It's with G2L aswell end of Feb beginning of March is my delivery date. Hopefully March get the new plate.

I think if they made a sport model this would sell very very well.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I like them aswell, great to see some more detailed photos of one / first hand review.

I think the rear windows not opening is because of the design of the rear arch / rear door. The window has "nowhere to go" so to speak. It's too big to drop down into the door.

I chuckled at Batmans Shopping car.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
We have these as pool cars at work. I take my own car, every time I need to travel. I guess I can see the appeal when they're cheap as chips however.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
I think a sport version would go against the whole point of the car really.
I guess lack of dials and switches help the weight plus the plastic panels and a very light bunch of engines. Tbh most cars should be this weight.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If they didn't have the stupid things on the doors, these would look pretty good IMO.

Decent mile muncher though.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
DEM SEATS holy f**k, other than a few other things these don't look too bad if you squint and their Black.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
A few of these have pop up around where I live, at first I thought they were horrible but seeing them everyday I decided I really quite like them, you picked the best colour.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not 100% yet. Deciding whether to get this and save money (I won't) or get a 3.0 S4.
I personally love them in black but despise the diamond cut wheels.
I was going to order one last week but the 'salesman' was a right melt and it's put me off now.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeh. G2L when I got the Qashqai, once it was delivered they were absolutely f**king useless.
They wouldn't offer me written quotation until I filled out a finance prop! Stupid f***s.

"Fill out the finance application and I'll see what deal I can do you"

f**k off.

I don't find G2L very good to deal with either.

Dan try nationalvehiclesolutions. I messaged them on Facebook got a reply within 5 minutes, they also emailed me a breakdown of how I could have the deal, different deposits, monthlys etc without agreeing to anything.

I put the link in the lease thread.