ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Mk2 1.2 172 Replica

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Started as a standard Dynamique, after many monies and time have been spent I have an almost complete product, New angel eyes being installed tomorrow and then a HID kit, then that's about it.
Currently has:
Full 172 interior and bodykit
182 Alloys in custom matt black
Sony Head unit
Tinted front lights (changing to angel eyes)
Mongoose exhaust
K&N air filter

Want some lowering springs but cash is tight at the moment so if any one has some old ones they wanna give me a christmas discount on i will be very happy,

Planned changes:
Silver Indicator bulbs, Hid kit, Lowering kit, Bulit a laptop into the boot connected to a 7" touchscreen monitor on the dash with mobile internet.

Let me know what you think :) and any suggestions
27940_10150210130080604_621795603_13223389_5639894_n.jpg

44626_10150268072945604_621795603_14972346_4970823_n.jpg

45587_10150268072735604_621795603_14972341_7980617_n.jpg

lights.jpg

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Re: My Clio Mk3 1.2 172 Replica

doesnt look too shabby that, don't put the angel eyes on though! :dead:

its crying out to be lowered however!

Alloys look so much better in black, lower it and dont ruin it with the lights :(

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

what a transformation a mk3 to a mk2 AMAZING

Clio 172 Replica Ph2

Sorry my mistake, i used logical conclusion of the mk1 being the early 90's model, then the mk 2 being he oval headlight model i.e w reg, then mk 3 being mine :/
guess im wrong

Bux

Golf GTD

Sorry my mistake, i used logical conclusion of the mk1 being the early 90's model, then the mk 2 being he oval headlight model i.e w reg, then mk 3 being mine :/
guess im wrong

Don't worry about it, lots of people make the same mistake ;)

For future reference: http://clioguide.tk/

Car looks good though, personally I wouldn't have the sport badge on its own on the rear or the lights, otherwise it looks awesome. You've definately put some effort into it!

Iceberg 172

Looks alright that!

Don't bother with the on board laptop unless you like to do your homework whilst sitting in maccy d car parks with your mates!!!!!

Get a skoda splitter on there, £15 and it'll make a massive difference to the front end.

Remove badges / stickers and don't get the angel eyes!

Not sure about the spoiler either.

Clio 172 Replica Ph2

Where can i get a skoda splitter from ? ebay?
Cheers for advice, I have however gone for the halo lights, there was a reason for it however, i tinted the lenses in the summer, of course the heat expanded the headlight and the tint spray cracked, so the looked S**t, the halo lights do actually look good tho :)

another good rep there mate. i wanted those halo lights. they will look good. get some photos up as it will be interesting to see what they look like. are they the ktec ones. and sport upper grill?

Clio 172 "Ruby"

Get the 172/182 headlights with HIDS look much better mate. Gives more of an oem look

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

wouldnt bother with the headlights, if you cant afford RS ones id just clean up your ones like the car above so they look nice as they all look cloudy these days on most cars.

needs wide track or spacers on the front and lowered and some tyre gel and it will look good

MK2 Clio
wouldnt bother with the headlights, if you cant afford RS ones id just clean up your ones like the car above so they look nice as they all look cloudy these days on most cars.

needs wide track or spacers on the front and lowered and some tyre gel and it will look good

People with RS ones want the halo ones and I believe the halo ones are more expensive than the RS ones second hand on here most the time

Its preference and opinions rather than finances

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

People with RS ones want the halo ones and I believe the halo ones are more expensive than the RS ones second hand on here most the time

Its preference and opinions rather than finances

people with rs ones want halo ones? are you off your dinger?

MK2 Clio

people with rs ones want halo ones? are you off your dinger?

No, I personally prefer RS ones but the amount of people on here who choose to change to halo lights, its personal preference and ask many CSers who have done it not me :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Where can i get a skoda splitter from ? ebay?
Cheers for advice, I have however gone for the halo lights, there was a reason for it however, i tinted the lenses in the summer, of course the heat expanded the headlight and the tint spray cracked, so the looked S**t, the halo lights do actually look good tho :)

You can get the Skoda splitter from Skoda.

No, I personally prefer RS ones but the amount of people on here who choose to change to halo lights, its personal preference and ask many CSers who have done it not me :)

I'll be honest. I think I've seen all of two people (three including this thread) who have changed to halo lights since I joined here in 2007.

Clio 172 Replica Ph2

Found out the Spoiler is a Clio Trophy Spoiler, and i love it
The Halo's look awesome will get a pic up when i have one, and i just ordered some lowering springs, will update this soon :)

Found out the Spoiler is a Clio Trophy Spoiler, and i love it
The Halo's look awesome will get a pic up when i have one, and i just ordered some lowering springs, will update this soon :)

No its not. Its a Renault Double Spoiler

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
* Update *

Ok maybe i made a mistake on the spoiler, all i did was search on google for renault clio spoilers and looked for what looked like mine, There is a part code on the bottom of it and its genuine Renault as DM said

Anyway pics.......
DSC01273.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

172 cup
The lights look good, I used to have that style on my ZS which was well against forum rules (just like cliosport ha). The spoiler looked alright, but a Cup one would be very noice.

A sexy one
very nice mate! job well done, iv just done the same to mine :D have you lowered and spaced yours yet?? I dont no wether to go 40mm or 60mm

PH1 172, E39
hey guys..i have a quick question.
If I am to put on a 172 front bumper, would I need to get arch liners for a 172 as well.

Also, what is the price of 172 xenon headlights from the dealers in the UK?

Thanks gents/ gals..

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I think it's the front wings you need to be more worried about. It's not a straight swap.

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Yeah affraid you need the front wings changed too, there wider than the normal ones, took me a while to find some. cheers for the comments and yes i know about the 2.0ltr bullets, i want some 1.2 ones but cant find any, threw the old ones out when i thought i was cool buying them :p

Renault Clio GT 1.6
Loving the angel eyes, how much can you get a set of them for? & these pictures with or without spacers? Still trying to work out how wide I need to go on mine