ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio tce

Im on the case with this. :)

Some better pictures

IMAG0475_zps0e7284ed.gif

IMAG0474_zpsb50e51b0.gif

Looks like you have some toilet roll hanging out the front on your bumper.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Although he might have some things people would do differently it's pretty pathetic how he get's slayed!The standard "why don't you just buy a 172" are even stupider!

Please respect this as afaik he is one of the first known on here to tune the tce engine, with a bit of luck he'll keep up with the 172 but when cruising get stupid MPG's, who's crazy now?

Clio tce
I'm suprised no one has noticed that since K-tec have moved the filter his vent is now in the wrong place anyway lol

Hi dan thanks for the pointless reply, that makes potential members consider not paying for membership, I mean someone with a 1.2 tce hybrid turbo Clio with 163bhp isn't a common thing and you would perhaps like to think "Clio sport" would be a place where they would feel welcome...(Not yet it doesnt) however lots of help from other another Renault forum.

For the record no one "moved" the filter it's there because that's how it had to be fitted, and it is further away from the heat and it's a better filter, so it's a win win situation i fitted it while at ktec. They didn't move it. so please don't be so surprised.

The vent continues to do it's job of letting cooler air in.
The bonnet being raised continues to allow hot air out.... It does work I can see the heat haze coming out from the bonnet when in traffic.

Its more the fact its gone towards what I told you to do, position it away from the heat rather than just cutting a vent. IMO, build a heatshield for it. This will help a great deal. doesnt have to be anything fancy. Heres a pic of my LCR's:
2E09CDB3-6566-4F6B-B730-B06585C4CA8F-4826-000002318DCE3458.jpg

And in anger ;)
IMG_5818.jpg

Clio tce
Although he might have some things people would do differently it's pretty pathetic how he get's slayed!The standard "why don't you just buy a 172" are even stupider!

Please respect this as afaik he is one of the first known on here to tune the tce engine, with a bit of luck he'll keep up with the 172 but when cruising get stupid MPG's, who's crazy now?[/QUOTE

mph is over 40 at the moment.

Thanks for your reply, :)

It's work in progress, it's not easy with having to do a lot of leg work but it's getting there, let alone everyone's negative attitude on here, where is the positive energy these days....

Anyway that rubbish aside, the wife is buying me a second hand engine for father Xmas to put in his sack, so this is ideal for forging and polishing inlet etc. As I can take it apart send things off and put it together and drop in in once finished, I mean the standard engine should be ok for now lots of renult engines have been ok on standard internals and been higher bhp and torque and I don't drive it like I stole it so should hold together the fueling is better than it was and the cooling is better with the bonnet being raised and the vent, I may wire in a fan to the mocal oil cooler so this is covered too but not had a look at space or how it would have to fit yet tbh.

Clio tce
Dan well aware of what a heat shield looks like thanks.

I didn't move it on your request sorry, minus those points off your tally

Clio tce
Handling is ok, better with the sparco 300 steering wheel, not as wet and wollowey, the spacers and lowering help too.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
he vent continues to do it's job of letting cooler air in.
The bonnet being raised continues to allow hot air out.... It does work I can see the heat haze coming out from the bonnet when in traffic.

So when you are driving along cool air comes in the vent near the back of the bonnet, and then due to the raised bonnet, follows a profile along the underside of the bonnet, and manages to make it out the back without hitting any hot components in between?

Flol

Just say "I like the vent as a styling feature because Im into that sort of thing", and then you wont have to keep defending it from people like Dan who actually know what they are on about.

I think it looks chavvy and tacky and cheap, and you think it looks good, we can simply agree to disagree on that as it is just personal preference on styling as the end of the day, but you trying to make out it somehow makes a significant difference to under bonnet temps is just silly as everyone can see that wont be the case.

Clio tce
Im not saying you did, I'm more to the point trying to help you get a little more.

I can't see anything positive from your top comment, but all is read and taken on board, good, bad or ugly, sometimes yo need to shift though sh@t to find something of use. All part of the process in sure.

Heat shield ha been noted, thanks.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Handling is ok, better with the sparco 300 steering wheel, not as wet and wollowey, the spacers and lowering help too.

The steering wheel changed the handling of the car?

Wow, that must be a really special steering wheel, the most any of mine have ever done is change the amount my hands have to move to get a particular amount of steering lock at the wheels.

Clio tce
The steering wheel changed the handling of the car?

Wow, that must be a really special steering wheel, the most any of mine have ever done is change the amount my hands have to move to get a particular amount of steering lock at the wheels.

Chip the steering wheel is smaller so it tightens up the steering... So yes it it better to drive and is less like a bowl of soup. :)

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
To back up Chip and stay academical in here, when in traffic it could be possible the heat dissipates from the rased bonnet. However when you'r driving the pressure at the windshield will climb and at the bonnet will be the exact opposite.

So in theory you would be getting air in at the end of the bonnet and out at the vent.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip the steering wheel is smaller so it tightens up the steering... So yes it it better to drive and is less like a bowl of soup. :)

I dont think you mean the same thing when you refer to the handling of a car, as the rest of us do then mate ;)

As I said, all it changes is the distance your hand moves, that doesnt change the handling characteristics of the car itself.

Here is one of my current car steering wheels for example:
6397afac.jpg

Going down significantly in size meant that now I move my hands less distance to move the road wheels the same amount of steering angle, but it hasnt changed any of the handling characteristics of the car.

What you are changing is simply the ergnomics.

Clio tce
It means the wheels move quicker to where you want them, doesn't this change how the car handles... I understand your point

I think carpet right have a sale on.... :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It means the wheels move quicker to where you want them, doesn't this change how the car handles... I understand your point

No, it doesnt change how the car handles, as I said, its the field of ergonomics not of handling.

I think carpet right have a sale on.... :)

Maybe you can buy some carpet to cover your vent with?

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
What Chip is trying to explain is the handling (ability of the car to turn etc.) won't be affected by the steering wheel, it's just the 'feel' that changes

Clio tce
I'll ask it. I
It wasn't major surgery.

Not planning to ATM, but with the other guys I'm talking to about it I may go on one as it's included in membership.

Want to get on track and get my knee down on the kawaka more tbh though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well you could always do some wet days in the car then when you no doubt wont want to use the bike, IME riding bikes fast in the wet is a lot less fun than driving cars fast in the wet.

Clio tce
Safer too.... I'm not a fair weather rider though, I'll ride whatever. Have 2 piece leathers and gortex 2 piece also. What do you ride?!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Safer too.... I'm not a fair weather rider though, I'll ride whatever. Have 2 piece leathers and gortex 2 piece also. What do you ride?!

Nothing these days, got rid of my last bike about 10 years ago, which was lightly tuned VFR400, also used to race grasstrack and do motocross.

Got too many friends who have been killed or badly injured on bikes to want one on the road anymore TBH so I doubt I will have another unless its purely for track use, quite happy with my ability on one but not with the ability of car and van drivers to not be utter pillocks.

Clio tce
Understood far to many smidy going on.... the 636 is my first bike and love it, few months ago it had had new spockets, DID chain and full service, with the Clio project I decided to lay the bike up this winter which is a bit annoying as I usually ride it daily.

Clio tce
The feeling of being alive and knowing you need to be so aware or your cards may be delt early is addictive, makes me feel grateful for arriving home to see the wife every time. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
One of my best mates is currently trying to piece his life back together (still unable to work currently due to injuries) after an accident where a van just pulled straight out in front of him on his way to work on his sportsbike, sadly much as you might think you are being careful and aware, you cant account for the real idiots and as the biker its always you that comes off worst for their mistake :(

Clio tce
Best of luck to him. Hope things do turn out ok for him. Its all far to common :-( I know a few people with similar situations.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks mate, we thought he was possibly going to die at one point, not good as he has kids etc, the adrenalin rush is epic, but the price your whole family can end up paying is a massive one.

Clio tce
Yes the kawaka ismy first bike, had to ride on motorway for the first time on any bike, in fog and rain when I picked it up, scary stuff....

It does make you grateful and more humble about life when you ride as it seems all a gift that you know full well can be taken away so quickly without warning and with terrible repercussions.

Good he still with us and trying to rebuild his life :) top bloke.

On another note just spoke to forge and they're doing some digging and coming back to me regards pistons for it. 800 notes was the first custom made quote that I think it reasonable tbh.

Clio tce
7" fan, relay, wire and switch arriving tuesday for mocal oil cooler, so doing this next weekend along with disks and pads, and see if we can squeeze oil cwtc tank in somewhere :-(

Clio tce
The 7" reversable fan , switch and relay box arrived today.

So this weekends job list

Plumb in mocal oil cooler now we have the right oil feed scew pipe fitting the sandwich plate should all go smoothly.

Fit disks and pads

Make brakets for fan, fit fan, wire in fan and switch,

Have a plan on how and where to fit mocal oil catch tank.

Fit new side light bulb.

Clio tce
Are you saying you are going to put a fan on the oil cooler?

Yep, as I sit in a lot of traffic a fan is going in.... Somewhere.... Maybe not on the cooler, but somewhere, fan is a Reversible suck or blow so gives us options.

Are you thinking I should fit one to the bonnet vent? Lmbo

Fan and bits and bobs.

IMAG0505_zpsd7198f97.jpg

Oil feed scew pipe and sandwich plate

IMAG0502_zps209fe81e.jpg

Last edited: