ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio the only one?

Is it just my clio or every one elses the same when the engine is cold is seems really eager and punchy but once its fully warmed up it seems to lose some power and doesnt seem to want to get up and go so much?

I know its really unusual. When cold its great like a different car. Definitely not in my mind something is up.. Just what tho!!

Astra VXR NBG ED
Does the Clio run rich for a few minutes on warm up? I know other marques do where they have a bit more fuel injected while the car is warming up!

Liquid Yellow 200
Is it just my clio or every one elses the same when the engine is cold is seems really eager and punchy but once its fully warmed up it seems to lose some power and doesnt seem to want to get up and go so much?

I know what you mean. Mine is similar if engine is cold my car is sensitive especially with the clutch it will jerk for no reason until warmed through. I normally start my car and mess around for a few mins. Doesn't lose power when heated though just the same but less harsh in gear changes (if that makes sense)

Clio 182
Same here, but I think it's more that when cold you can feel the coldness/tension through the whole drivetrain, it's grumbly and sensitive. When it's warm it feels a lot looser (not slower)