ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cup is a gonna!

Has the wheel been pushed into the front of the wheel house? Bendage to the structure like that is going to seriously increase the repair costs I would have thought?

RB 182
Gutted!

Tell you what'll hurt most, when they write it off and offer you stupid money for it. Id just spent about £500 on brakes, belts etc for my 172 when it got written off, the insurance companies aren't interested in this, they just pay you what similar ones are going for on AutoTrader. Another little tip, dunno if you've time but any little dings on it try get them knocked out, mine had a trolley dent on the boot - they knocked £350 off the valuation because of this and it would've cost £50 to repair it.
Finally, get everything you realistically can off it - im not saying strip it but anything you can take and put an older/worn one on eg exhaust, door bullets even! The Turini centre caps are worth £20, and they just pop off! If you get the car back can always pop them back on! I never got the chance as i never saw it again

they dont even offer you what they go for on autotrader as i sent in several adds to try get more money for mine and they didnt listen

they told me this car was only worth £950

DSCF1985Small.jpg

Astra van,Mk1 nova
I cant imagine how your feeling mate:( nice looking cup too! I seriously wouldnt be surprised if it was a write off. There is major damage there. Someone bumped into my rear bumper doing 10-15 mph and that cost £1200 ish to sort. With the current market value of cars seriously depreciating atm its not going to be worth sorting :dapprove:

Hope you get it all worked out though mate:)

Monaco RS Clio 172
how can a 10-15 mph bump cost 1200?

mine has new bumper new bonnet both to be sprayed, total cost including respray will total to around 600...?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
how can a 10-15 mph bump cost 1200?

mine has new bumper new bonnet both to be sprayed, total cost including respray will total to around 600...?

Because it was :rolleyes:

Rear bumper painted, boot painted, new rear badges, rear panel and wheel well painted.

Im very very fussy!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
I can imagine the damge cost to be well above 2k, easily.

I got a courtsey car now so at least i have transport, even tho it's a new 1.4 corsa:)

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
I was expecting a call all day yesterday from the insurance that never happened. So after i finished work i rang then asking why they haven't picked the car up yet, and to see wether they had been i contact with the 3rd party?? and they tell me they carn't tell me anything to do with the liability bacause it's after 5pm:S

Apprently i have to ring between 9-5 pm, WTF is that all about??

Hoping the ring today as the hire car company told me the 3rd party insurance had been in contact with them ragarding a courtsey car!

Mk7 Golf, Daytona600
as its not your fault dont they usually give you an almost "like for like" car?

when someone crashed into my old 306 DturboS i got given a 1.9cdti astra

I may be too late but contact www.europaconsultants.co.uk which is run by a PH'er and is fantastic for sorting these things out for you, without having to involve your own insurance company. They are well worth it and they will sort you out with a free courtesy car too, all paid for by the other party's insurance.

My mate got knocked off his bike and has got an over book price for his bike, plus a bargain price to buy it back again, plus money for new leathers, helmet, aftermarket exhaust, seats, tank cover etc etc. And he didn't have to phone anyone except Europa, they did the rest and fought the values and will take your cambelts etc into consideration if you tell them.

Last edited:
  1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
After a week since the crash i still haven't heard anything from the insurance! Phoned my insurance yesterday to find out what's happening and the girl still hasn't notified her insurance and that she has 14 day in which to do so before they take it into their own hands.

Her insurance only know because my insurance has contacted them!

It's annoying me so much waiting for something to happen, i just want to know if the car is fixable or not. I'm undecided wether to buy another rs if the car is a write off or to buy something else??

How long is this gona take............?

kev, just found the thread re pm, absolutely gutted for you matey, really am :(:( really sucks and sorry to be harsh but hope the f**king idiot gets all she deserves from premium raises over the coming years!!

gutted tbh lad :(

jamie

Clio MK3 Work in progress
When i wrote my car off it took me 5 weeks to get it sorted, lucky i had the misses car to get to work and back. Average time for insurance is 4-6 weeks. Gutted though, its so heartbreaking.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
kev, just found the thread re pm, absolutely gutted for you matey, really am :(:( really sucks and sorry to be harsh but hope the f**king idiot gets all she deserves from premium raises over the coming years!!

gutted tbh lad :(

jamie

Cheers mate, gutted too.

Hoping the car doesn't get wrote off as i have just got it to the way i want it. If it gets wrote off i'm unsure on whether to a cup or another ctr!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Helphire were great with me, couldn't fault them one bit.

Gave me a brand spanking 1.6 Mazda 3 courtosy car.

Getting back in the clio was a serious step down haha.

320d
Cheers mate, gutted too.

Hoping the car doesn't get wrote off as i have just got it to the way i want it. If it gets wrote off i'm unsure on whether to a cup or another ctr!

Why are you tempted to go back to a CTR mate. I thought you where pleased with the Cup?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Update!

The car is finaly getting picked up tomorrow after 17 days of waiting! she has admitted being at fault too lol. I have just been and took the rest of my stuff out of the car so it's now ready to go:dapprove:

Feeling really gutted now, knowing that the car will be a write off and will never get to drive it again:(

Ohhh........ i took the corsa back as it was utter shite, i'm now rolling in a new astra sri lol. It's a 100% better than the corsa was.