ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Estoril Blue E46 320d Sport

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I only had my Clio 2 months before selling it to get a proper car. This is what I ended up with, it's my tenth car and defnitly my best.

The reason I got rid of my Clio so fast, I didn't think it was a good daily. Not for 40-50 miles a day anyway. Super loud exhaust didn't help things but it was neither a toy, or a commuter. To me it was some weird bodge between the two. After experiencing a Saxo VTS for 6 months I was left disappointed in the fun factor. It was no where near as fun as the Saxo, and I'm a firm believer in not just putting up with things (10 cars later) so it went up for sale.

I fannied about for a bit deciding what I wanted, in this time my budget grew a bit and I was just able to afford a car I'd had my eyes on! A 320d Sport. TBH I wanted Imola Red, but Daves Estoril came up just over budget. Ffs. Dave dropped the price and helped me out (so nice of him to take my money ;) ) and the deal was done. Me and my grandad went down on the train (averaging 122mph on the iPhone GPS speedo :| ) and got the car back to West Yorkshire.

I've done a few small mods to it so far, but have a few ideas for it. Here are some pictures:

6022720205_0ed814d3c3_b.jpg

6099257469_44a46287af_b.jpg

6032357826_0379e42081_b.jpg

6032362538_b94e6694e4_b.jpg

6023304768_9a365b6163_b.jpg

6144313159_ce288f2fcc_b.jpg

It needs a few things doing. Maintenance list so far:
  • BRAKES. All round discs and pads.
  • Rear shocker leaking (coilover time perhaps)
  • Wheels need a refurb due to the s**tey job the garage did before Dave had it (I hope!)
  • Exhaust front section needs attention
  • Waxoyl/underseal for winter
I think that covers maintence.

Mods in the pipeline/completed
  • 330d front brakes, calipers BOUGHT, discs to buy.
  • Black Kidney grilles DONE
  • Silver indicator bulbs DONE
  • New wheels?! BBS CH?? So many options, if you've got a big wallet!
  • EGR valve delete DONE
  • Front decat
  • Remap?? Maybe.
  • HIDs/angel eyes? Very asian, I'm 50/50 on this.
  • Upgrade in car audio (sick of the Parrot 20w amp!)
  • Clubsport splitters
Silver bulbs and black kidneys:
6231097029_99a540b625_b.jpg

silvertecs by DanielJames., on Flickr
6144866228_9da70ae71d_b.jpg

HDR E46 by DanielJames., on Flickr

So far ownership has been great, it can only get better when the the little niggles are sorted out. 45mpg city/55mpg highway. (spending a lot of time on yank forums can you tell?!? lol)

RWD ftw!!

So, over to you :)

Dan

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Looks lovely, brave man buying the 2.0 time bomb.

Yeah, didn't want to touch a common rail diesel with a barge pole. Told myself I never would.

As you say though, they look lovely! This is the later of the E46 engines too, less failure rate etc - but I've got an emissions light from deleting the EGR!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I was so close to buying a 52 320 a while back until i spoke to a few tech at bmw and some people on her.

Does look cracking though in blue with the alacantra seats.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
The Alcantara seats were something I made sure I got!

I was so close to buying an E36 328i before the Clio, and instead of this. I'm not 100% sure I made the right decision but I do like this car so f*ck it.

I fell into the trap of thinking about fuel bills as the main cost grr

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lol i was like that about fuel so i got the Audi (1.9tdi) now i think why the fook do i need it, onlive live 3-4 miles from work. Its a god send though on long journeys 55mpg +

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
lol i was like that about fuel so i got the Audi (1.9tdi) now i think why the fook do i need it, onlive live 3-4 miles from work. Its a god send though on long journeys 55mpg +

Aye, I live 22 miles from work so it kinda made sense for me.

Are you on Saxperience? Recognise the username...

120d M Sport
Very nice. I wouldn't modify, it looks good with the subtle touches there, anything more would look birmingham asian wannabe gangsta! Love the alcantara seats.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Thats why he bought one with all the potential problems removed!! From a very nice man called Dave ;)

Looks lovely still, wish i cleaned it more often lol - stunning colour!!

It gets washed every weekend, polished every couple of washes and I waxed it when I got it :) due another tbh.

:D

172, Tiguan
Please don't ruin it!

Regards the 330 brakes, just calipers/carriers/disks and pads I assume?

I'm getting the itch to remap mine again.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I didn't realise you'd bought Daves...

You had a different username before didn't you!?

Aye, old username was 'vesta'

Please don't ruin it!

Regards the 330 brakes, just calipers/carriers/disks and pads I assume?

I'm getting the itch to remap mine again.

ach, here we go with the ruin it s**t lol.
Dont worry I'm not going all fast car/stance works on it!
Yeah just need the carriers/calipers/discs and pads.
Remap it again?? Whats it like now?

Looks great as it is!

Please don't Bradford-spec it.

I wont I wont :)