ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Girlfriend is Amzaing!

Silver Phase 2 172
So the story goes that I was all set to buy a set of coilovers for the 172 last week when my gf's head gasket blew and I offered to fix it for her until she got paid and then she would give me the money for the bits back (even tho I was adamant I didn't want it) so because of this I had to wait to get coilovers :(

Anyway I came home on Friday night to find a rather big box sat on my bed with a note from my girlfriend saying she had got me something to say thank you as she had been paid a bonus from work. I quickly tore open the box and inside where a set of bilstein b14's :) I was totally in shock! but never the less ran down the garage to fit them!

So up on the ramp the clio went and I set about ripping out the old suspension (few pics of the old stuff)

null-55.jpg

null-58.jpg

And in with the new :)

null-68.jpg

Didn't get a pic of the new fronts fitted cause by then I was in a mega rush as it was late!

So swapped all the top mounts over and I was done!

Booked it in for the next day to go get the geo done as I had already brought front camber bolts ready for when I did eventually get coilovers :) The guy who set it up is a total genius IMO he has done many of my cars including my track pulsar and gets it bang on everytime!

null-53.jpg

Saw a nice trophy he was doing just before mine as well don't know if it is anyone from here lives in Southampton Portsmouth area and has P7 at the beginning of his plate?

Took the car for a good drive and it was totally different handles like it is on rails! the turn in is insane and feels so much more planted and responsive I love it!!!

Washed and waxed it today and took some pics of how it sits now so heres some before and after pics :)

Before:

null-17.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-11.jpg

And after:

null-63.jpg

null-62.jpg

null-51.jpg

Comments welcome guys! Cheers for looking :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Nice- good GF
I think you need to go another 20 mm on the back & 30/40 on the front-

S

Silver Phase 2 172
awesome! nice one mate..

really good of her! and you for helping her to get sorted ..

looks brilliant.

Thanks mate im really happy with how it looks now :)

And I thought so to was in total shock when she got them!

Nice- good GF
I think you need to go another 20 mm on the back & 30/40 on the front-

S

The back may go a tad lower but not the front as it is already pretty low and I think if I go lower it will scrub going round corners

Very nice indeed.

GF sounds like a keeper!

Thanks Bud! and she is ;)

Pics of gf?

Maybe later when she isn't sat right next to me lol

320d
I'd forgotten how high standard 172's were.

Top marks to your gf though, top quality coilovers and an awesome present. You really need a cup spoiler to finish it off. Nice motor.

Silver Phase 2 172
I'd forgotten how high standard 172's were.

Top marks to your gf though, top quality coilovers and an awesome present. You really need a cup spoiler to finish it off. Nice motor.

The cup spoiler was going to be next on the list but when it was on the ramp noticed my back box and centre section are in very poor condition so think that may have to come first.

BMW M135i
Nice to see one thats not ott chavtastic low, really like the B14s myself give a nice ride can really tell there a step above the cheap rubbish.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That washer looks wrong, looks like its hitting the shock. Also whats that at the top of the rear spring? Is it the height adjuster?

Silver Phase 2 172
That washer looks wrong, looks like its hitting the shock. Also whats that at the top of the rear spring? Is it the height adjuster?

It does look like it touches the shock in that pic but it doesn't when you look straight at it! and yeh that's height adjuster at the top mate :)