ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My little 1.2 mk3 clio imusic

Clio mk3
hey guys, recently joined the forums so this is my first post just to show you the little mods I've done to my clio. only done small mods because im still a student and dont have a job at the moment.

This is my first car and is only a 1.2 due to insurance costing way to much.

so this is how it looked when i first got her
first_zpsf891f784.jpg

first thing i did was buy some xenon ice blue bulbs all round. turned out i bought the wrong main beam bulb so gave it to my friend with a mk2 clio.
will put picture up soon of my lights!

I then got bored of the interior and began to wrap the silver trims in carbon fiber wrap and fair to say i liked it:cool:

wrap_zps015dba0d.jpg

I've now managed to wrap all of the silver trim and it looks so much better,picture will be uploaded shortly havent managed to take one yet.

I had some carbon fiber wrap left over and wanted to use it up. so i wrapped the center cap on my alloys.
Had no idea how it would turn out. but once i done it it made a massive difference surprisingly!

IMG_2072_zps2903b474.jpg

got bored one day and decided to debadge the 'CLIO' for a nicer clean look.
badge_zpsad095b2a.jpg

After saving a few pennies i then had my windows tinted.
IMG_2075_zps4e15d51e.jpg

IMG_2077_zps8636b745.jpg

So this is how she sits at the moment.
saving for some lowering springs,and want to do a few mods for better performance e.e new exhaust,air filter and maybe remapped.

Please suggest what mods to do next and tell me what you think.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Looks pretty good :) I wouldn't bother with a remap in a 1.2, nothing to be gained that's really worth it, air filter and exhaust for a more sporty noise though :) look at the gt exhaust :)

Also for the love of god debadge the imusic badge off the sides, bleugh haha.

I've done led bulbs on all the interior/boot/numberplates bulbs which look pretty good :)

Also look at getting all the horrid black plastic trims colour coded :) makes a heck of a difference!

Clio mk3
Thanks for the feed back! Wasn't sure if the imusic was glued or plugged but will be looking at debadging it. Remapping adds a extra 10bhp on this model and I know a guy that will do it for £100 . How much will a gt exhaust cost an where can I get one?

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Those badges are 100% glued :) same way you took the clio off, as for the remap, if you feel it's worth it then go for it, I just think at the end of the day it's a 1.2, spend your time and money making it look really good because even with a 5-10bhp increase it's still a 1.2, it still won't go anywhere very quickly lol :)

Best bet for a gt exhaust is eBay, I've been looking at them for my 1.4 but to be perfectly honest I don't know what the compatibility is since the gt is a 1.6

Clio mk3
yea i like the gt exhaust looks really good and i think it would suit my car well. just purchased some heko wind deflectors and new LED interior bulb. Also fitted a stubby aerial. and ill upload some more pictures of interior and wind deflectors when they come in the next week!:D

Clio mk3
going to get a new air filter and thinking about getting 20mm wheel spacers,may be ordering some tomorrow!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
I wouldn't bother with spacers until you've lowered it :) air filter is always a nice cheap way for a bit of induction noise ;)

Clio mk3
i need to save my money up for springs as i just spent all my money on window tints,wind deflectors, and a few other bits. but i need to sort some money out to go lower! but heres a snap i took tonight as i liked how it looked under the petrol garage lights haha. Needs a good clean but can not be bothered because the roads outside my college are full of dirt at the moment!! still wainting for my team heko's!!

Attachments

• new_zps790549a1.jpg
    new_zps790549a1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 278
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 261
Looks good so far mate, lowering will make a massive difference though!

As said, remove the imusic badge and maybe do something with the wing mirrors. They look a little odd imo being silver :S

Clio mk3
Yea was looking to change the wing mirrors,but they're heated and not sure if the other mk3 ones are? Thanks for the feed back!

Clio mk3
so here's some pictures of my interior, i also have a 12" 1600w vibe sub hooked up to the standard stereo as i want to keep the steering wheel controls.
but anyway heres the carbon fiber wrapped interior.
interior2_zps2ff245ff.jpg
interior_zps1d083486.jpg

Arctic 182
Looking good mate! As said, lowering will make a big difference. Seeing your tints, black on black, makes me warn mine done!

Clio mk3
Looking good mate! As said, lowering will make a big difference. Seeing your tints, black on black, makes me warn mine done!

Thanks man! yea need to save for some springs but i only want to drop 30mm or so as i dont want it to low,thought i had a good deal for £80 but the guy scratched my side windows,but hes promised to get it sorted so should all be good hopefully!

Clio mk3
small update,got back from college and had my new team heko wind deflectors waiting for me,so i put them on and heres how it looks. and a picture of my stubby aerial.
areial.jpg
wind2.jpg
wind.jpg

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Which Ariel did you go for? And what's the reception like? I changed mine to a stubby one and the signal is terrible in some places! Other places it's just white noise! :/

Clio mk3
Which Ariel did you go for? And what's the reception like? I changed mine to a stubby one and the signal is terrible in some places! Other places it's just white noise! :/
bought it off ebay,mines the same works in some areas but others it doesnt. but i dont listen to the radio much always have my ipod plugged in!

LY 182
Looks good, its Mad looking at this thread and thinking mine was once like this haha! Makes me realise how much ive spent on it now though :( best thing to do is chop the wire part off your standard aerial so its just the plastic base at the bottom! Best looking stubby one youll see and my reception is just the same, no dissadvantages

I would:
debadge imusic
black wing mirror covers
Lower it
25mm wheel spacers
nice exhaust tip (not big bore chavvy thing)
Ktec sprint spoiler
de-wiper
silver indicator bulbs
Colour code side strips

Clio mk3
Looks good, its Mad looking at this thread and thinking mine was once like this haha! Makes me realise how much ive spent on it now though :( best thing to do is chop the wire part off your standard aerial so its just the plastic base at the bottom! Best looking stubby one youll see and my reception is just the same, no dissadvantages

I would:
debadge imusic
black wing mirror covers
Lower it
25mm wheel spacers
nice exhaust tip (not big bore chavvy thing)
Ktec sprint spoiler
de-wiper
silver indicator bulbs
Colour code side strips

thanks for the feedback mate! ive spent about £250 so far,got a new air filter on its way just for a better noise as it wont be much better performance because its a 1.2. im looking to bet new wing mirrors for it all to match,and im currently saving for springs but not sure how much my insurance will go up? same as the exhaust will my insurance go up if i tell them? every penny ive had has either gone in to bit for the car,or on petrol to get to college so its going to be a slow progress as im out of work. but cant wait for it to be done! will check out your car,if i havent already haha!

Cars coming along nicely! I recommend you get the 197 front grille and lower it and maybe some new alloys if your budget will allow.

As said above; debadge the imusic, wheel spacers and colour code are also things you could contemplate doing as they change the look of the car the most.

LY 182
thanks for the feedback mate! ive spent about £250 so far,got a new air filter on its way just for a better noise as it wont be much better performance because its a 1.2. im looking to bet new wing mirrors for it all to match,and im currently saving for springs but not sure how much my insurance will go up? same as the exhaust will my insurance go up if i tell them? every penny ive had has either gone in to bit for the car,or on petrol to get to college so its going to be a slow progress as im out of work. but cant wait for it to be done! will check out your car,if i havent already haha!

I know the feeling! I just painted my mirror caps myself, i had 35mm apex springs at first but needed more lows to suit the wide porsche wheels so put coilovers on my christmas list ;) and i said my car was 'done' over a year ago lmao! Still finding things to do now

Clio mk3
I know the feeling! I just painted my mirror caps myself, i had 35mm apex springs at first but needed more lows to suit the wide porsche wheels so put coilovers on my christmas list ;) and i said my car was 'done' over a year ago lmao! Still finding things to do now

Its a lovely looking car! im looking to put 35mm springs on as i dont want to go to low,did you put any of your mods on your insurance? my wing mirrors look really big compare to other mk3's not sure if its because its a imusic or not.. hopefully it will be a good example of a mk3 like yours one day;)

LY 182
Its a lovely looking car! im looking to put 35mm springs on as i dont want to go to low,did you put any of your mods on your insurance? my wing mirrors look really big compare to other mk3's not sure if its because its a imusic or not.. hopefully it will be a good example of a mk3 like yours one day;)

No all facelift mk3's have them mirrors even the 200's lmao they are huge! And A mk3 clio on normal springs is like a standard height car so i never, ive got my wheels/coilovers/exhaust on though

Clio mk3
Cars coming along nicely! I recommend you get the 197 front grille and lower it and maybe some new alloys if your budget will allow.

As said above; debadge the imusic, wheel spacers and colour code are also things you could contemplate doing as they change the look of the car the most.
yea going to look at debading the imusic,saving up for more mods,i kinda like the alloys at the moment but maybe it'll be the last thing i change.

Clio mk3
No all facelift mk3's have them mirrors even the 200's lmao they are huge! And A mk3 clio on normal springs is like a standard height car so i never, ive got my wheels/coilovers/exhaust on though
they are massive haha,how much did your insurance go up?

Mk3 1.4 clio
Hurray I found some non sport mk3's. Alright lads cars are coming along nicely, I've got the mk3 before the face-lift. I'm just waiting for my coilovers to arrive so I can get it off the stilts it's sitting on at the min.

LY 182

This cars a ph2! Doesent have the 197 front ;)

Clio mk3
Hurray I found some non sport mk3's. Alright lads cars are coming along nicely, I've got the mk3 before the face-lift. I'm just waiting for my coilovers to arrive so I can get it off the stilts it's sitting on at the min.

Ive been looking for a few for some inspiration but theres hardly any on here,mostly cups! I'll go check out your threads and check out your car!

Mk3 1.4 clio
Ive been looking for a few for some inspiration but theres hardly any on here,mostly cups! I'll go check out your threads and check out your car!
Yeah same as pal seeing your cars gives me some ideas. I'll try get a pic up for you boys.

Mk3 1.4 clio
Cheers pal I can't pick a colour to go with black or just leave the black on black theme. What you think???

Clio mk3
Cheers pal I can't pick a colour to go with black or just leave the black on black theme. What you think???
I personally like black with silver or grey alloys,but your looks great! where i live theres a fair few people with black on black cars,thats why ive kept my alloys cause it makes the car stand out a bit more than black on black! maybe try some different alloys,silver,grey or maybe anthracite?

Mk3 1.4 clio
I personally like black with silver or grey alloys,but your looks great! where i live theres a fair few people with black on black cars,thats why ive kept my alloys cause it makes the car stand out a bit more than black on black! maybe try some different alloys,silver,grey or maybe anthracite?
Yeah I did notice when I looked at your car the wheels stand out and look good. I work at a powdercoaters so I mite have a colour change. I'm doing a bit of a project on my interior at the min, I'm hydrographic printing my stereo surround because the soft touch crap started to peel and look tatty.

Clio mk3
Yeah I did notice when I looked at your car the wheels stand out and look good. I work at a powdercoaters so I mite have a colour change. I'm doing a bit of a project on my interior at the min, I'm hydrographic printing my stereo surround because the soft touch crap started to peel and look tatty.
when you change it youll have to show me a picture! and of your interior when its finished haha. yea i like how how car looks at the moment,just needs to get lower!

Mk3 1.4 clio
Yeah I will get some pics up of my interior when it done. I can't wait to get mine off stilts and get down low, I ordered my coilys of demon tweeks and the sent me the wrong bloody ones, they sent me mk2 version so have to wait another 11 days.