ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk2 Ph1 Project thread

clio Mk2 P1 punto1.4
Thought id start one of these off as ive just got myself a clio as a project car as ive wanted one since i was 17. Always liked the Mk2 Ph1, so managed to get one relatively well priced off ebay.
Travelled all the way down to wales to pick it up, quite a way seeing as i live in birmingham, by train i might add! (mrs couldent be bothered to drive there an back)

So i got a T plate (99) Mk2 5dr in black which im quite pleased with, lad before me has looked after it...sort of lol.

So here it is, at night, which i apologise for. Will get a better pick tommorow.

My mate is a mechanic and has given it a once over and there's some things i need to rectify before i can gut it and start modding away. Booked in tomorrow to have the anti roll bar linkage rubbers replaced, there's a slight play in a lower suspension ball joint that needs looking at too. I replaced the nearside outer track rod end join cover today too actually which was missing completely, annoys me when people neglect problems like this.
Anyways its a good runner and its the style i wanted so the skys the limit.

I also wondered if anyone knew the best way to go about rectifying this? Its on the drivers door, very depressing :(

Anyway funds, mrs and time permitting i will be setting about modding the nuts off this car, will keep you updated whenever significant improvement has been made. I will probably be putting my foot in my mouth here too, but im going for a rally feel, i even ordered renault clio mudflaps for it lol, so i hope i wont dissapoint you all.

Anyway first on the list is:
Lowering springs
New exhaust system, probably hit up k-tec
Induction kit- again k-tec
New alloys (if i can afford them) (white oz's are on my wishlist)

Watch this space

clio Mk2 P1 punto1.4
Theres a day pic

Back from the garage today, sorted anti roll linkage rubbers and a new track rod end. Gunna sort the rush on the door next and then respray it, it hasent penetrated thankfully.