ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BG 182 FF :)

330ci, 850R, eunos
Picked this up last Friday, bought it from Simon. off the board.

I downsized from a Volvo 850R estate, great car and I really regretted selling it, but I was getting itchy feet and fancied something a bit cheaper to run for a few years. Bit of a downgrade in a few areas, but the both have their pro's & con's in different areas. The upside is I made a decent profit on the 850R which helps soften the blow!!

I finished replacing the auxiliary belt & tensioner/idler Wednesday (2 hours of daylight a day is nice!) as French Car-Nection only replaced the belt at interval and the car is now on 81k. Just about had enough time to give her a quick clean. Wanted to machine polish (paint is pretty good but does have a few minor swirls), but ran out of time. Got a minor run on the rear quarter that wants sorting as well, but I think I'd rather borrow a PTG before I look at correcting that.

Should have taken some pics yesterday when it was sunny, but oh no, I chose today which was damp & misty!! Oh well! At least it's still fairly clean!!

6334270777_774e290254_b.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 182 interior by Hallsy01, on Flickr

6334271357_4e8728c1f2_b.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 182 interior by Hallsy01, on Flickr

6335025174_63d0399e90_b.jpg

2004 RenaultSport Clio 182 by Hallsy01, on Flickr

6335026328_0eb2866d1f_b.jpg

6335027078_992bdfb320_b.jpg

6334274077_ac04300a81_b.jpg

'RenaultSport' by Hallsy01, on Flickr

6334272373_0308f0123f_b.jpg

So far I'm loving in it!! I agree with Clarkson, depsite the few french issues it has, it's a car that puts a smile on your face!! It's quick, comfy, great handling & turn in, well specced and looks good (imo). Sure in places the build quality is a bit tinny, closing the tailgate makes me wince, and the central locking motors sound like bombs going off in the lightweight doors - but to be fair the interior is pretty good for a french car and the mechanicals appear to be pretty good.

Just nice to have a car that performs well out of the box without having to go crazy with mods. The Cup chassis definitely feels better planted than a non-cupped 172 for me.

Comparable to my Eunos really, not quite as settled in the bends, but nowhere near as uncomfortable or skittish on rough roads - obviously has a lot more grunt though.

First mod - new boots!! The Michelin Pilot Exaltos are getting low and unfortunately Simon had a wrong wisth 195/45 P-Zero fitted to rear. The rest are PE2's which are getting low. I know many sing the praises of the replacement PS3's, but at £200 cheaper a set I've gone for a set of V12 Evo's to try, seem to get pretty good reviews on here & elsewhere.

Might source a set of 15's for winter tyres as well as the missus will be using it to commute in the winter rather than the 330ci. Will see what's available come pay day!!

:D

Audi A3
looks lovey mate, nice and clean.

i dont know what to make of the 'sport' badge though. im on the fence for this one

330ci, 850R, eunos
Cheers :)

Simon. fitted the new RenaultSport badge. I think it looks quite good, looks more modern without looking out of place imo.

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
your car looks brand new in the pics m8 what polish do u use..other than than cracking example

330ci, 850R, eunos
your car looks brand new in the pics m8 what polish do u use..other than than cracking example

The car has recently been polished by Steve from this board, but not sure what products he used, it wasn't a full correction, just a quick detail I think. I just washed and dried, buffed up with Meguiars Last Touch, treated the plastics with AG Bumper Care, glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass. Hopefully I'll find a spare weekend to machine her soon to get her looking even better!!

Cracking example. Any plans or are you keeping as is?

Thanks mate. No major plans yet, it's nice to a have a car that doesn't need much changing out of the box. No real dreams of chasing power increases, if I wanted to do that I would have stuck with the 850R (or 9-5 Aero), or picked another turbo car. Much cheaper to get decent gains.

I might go with some Sportlines, but again, it's nice not to have to worry about speedhumps, etc - unlike my super low Eunos!! Would like to have a ride in a 1*2 with cup shocks and sportlines to see how it compares.

Other than that I may change the wheels, I like the standard wheels, but obviously anthracite Turini's or 2118's would like awesome - *sheep* !!

Black FTW. Sort them side lights out (either take them out or get some white ones).

And I thought it's be the orange indicators I'd get abuse for!! I quite like the orange against black anyway!! But yeah, now you've said it, the sidelights do look a bit yellow against the xenon's.

Clio 172 RS2
Pristine state mate!
(some minor steering wheel melting) :eek:

And like you said Bang 4 Buck!
Do you miss the offbeat 5cil woosh of the 850R?

330ci, 850R, eunos
I must admit, going back to a 4 cyl the sound is so boring. The 5cy T5 lump sounds awesome, and our 6 cyl 330 sounds silky.

Still, the stereo is nice ;)

It works with the stalk but not the display.

330ci, 850R, eunos
Oops, i replied about the stalk thing but someone on PH asked. I'm not passed at all ;)

I'll get some pics of the Eunos tomorrow.

330ci, 850R, eunos
Oops, i replied about the stalk thing but someone on PH asked. I'm not passed at all ;)

I'll get some pics of the Eunos tomorrow.

330ci, 850R, eunos
Hahaha, trying to post using my phone when pissed up = total failure!!

Not only did I repeat myself, I was actually replying to a question about the headunit from someone on PH!! Nevermind.

I'm at work this morning & feel like death!!