ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio Cup Racer

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Picked it up at the weekend, ex 2006 TCR Onslow-cole Championship winning car. Driven it the grand total of about 20 yards so far, on and off the trailer and into the garage. Spent some time tonight taking all the stickers/numbers off ready for my bits and pieces to go on. Got the side mouldings and headlight covers to paint and fit, my Recaro to fit and some new harnesses required. Need to find another x2 2118's to make up a full set too.
Plan is to race in the Eurosaloon Championship again as they have a Clio Cup series that runs within the championship and is usually sponsored by Mark Fish. Dates and info can be found HERE if you're interested. Need to get out and get some miles on it and see how quick i can get it to go, not a lot to mess about with and adjust on these apart from the geo so that'll be the first port of call as there's far too little camber on the front and i'd like to have it corner weighted before the season starts too. A few pics for you anyway, the last one being the most important ;)
Russ
1fuquh.jpg

1fuqui.jpg

1fuquj.jpg

1fuquk.jpg

1fuqux.jpg

Track 172cup
nice one mate, looks quality

so whats the normal spec for a clio cup racer ? any limitations etc.. ?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nice, is this the same one carlos owned? same paint job and rear sun strip thats all.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Greeny, not sure mate, a guy called Fergus Trenholme used to run in the Lma Eurosaloons for a couple of seasons and sold it to someone who hardly used it i think, just a couple of trackdays, no racing so may have been Carlos.
As for the spec the engine is pretty much standard with a V6 Airbox and 2.5" exhaust and a mapped and sealed Renaultsport Ecu. Has a 6-speed Sadev sequential gearbox and bilstein coilovers all round, i wont be altering the spec at all as it needs to be in standard 'cup' spec for the eurosaloon clio champ.
Dave, yeah no problem on the pax ride although i think the last time we went out in a clio at the 'ring it was 'eventful'!
Russ

Golf GTD Mk7
I saw it on motorsport ads for £12k. A lot better than chucking the cash at a standard road car I reckon seeing how much I've spent on mine:dapprove:

True, but some people like the fun of the build (well it starts out that way anyhow.lol). You never see many 182 versions though, only the 172. 12K is a bargain when you take into account how much the GB is worth :D

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
What sort of budget do you need to run a season in eurosaloons?? Is that the series you ran your seat race car in?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Still living in the same place? i might come "borrow" this ;) Looks awesome mate!

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I spoke to the team who hired this out when I bought mine , was iinterested in buying this one , but couldn't wait as they said it was going to be put up for sale in december lol so bought the red one , they have some neat tricks compared to the standard cars , good luck with it :D
Cheers Ian

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I paid £11k for mine with 20 wheels and tyres , spare subframe along with a few spares , but I have spent another £5.5k on it since !