ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio Cup Racer

Mk1 F4R
Looks the same to me alex, opie sticker on the side, same wheels, and roll cage padding still looks in the same place plus the standard headlights

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah thats the one Alex.
Yes the engine is pretty much standard with sadev sequential box with plate lsd.
Has headlights and also the covers with the duct for the airbox which will be refitted but it needs to have some sort of forward facing lights to pass scrutineering hence why you'll see lots of cups with aux/spot lights behind the grille etc.
Jay, you've got your own clio race car :rasp:
Russ

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Will you be running this season in Eurosaloons? I'm hoping to get the money to finish my car off for 2012 to run in the same series. If only work was making me rich....

kev

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Thats my brothers. He's been working way too hard to make any progress on it though it does have a nice coat of white paint. Might end up being turboed if we can afford it. I have a pug 205 - a 1.6 16v as I dont fancy racing the touring cars! Its turned into more of an expensive build than I ever envisioned. Its a great idea just buying something like a clio cup in the first place. I would have saved a lot of money!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
ah i see, i have a soft spot for 309's so was always interested to see what was happening with it

i'm hoping to move onto a mk2/mk3 cup racer eventually

i want a sequential gearbox more than anything in the world! lol

182cup & 172 racecar
Thats my brothers. He's been working way too hard to make any progress on it though it does have a nice coat of white paint. Might end up being turboed if we can afford it. I have a pug 205 - a 1.6 16v as I dont fancy racing the touring cars! Its turned into more of an expensive build than I ever envisioned. Its a great idea just buying something like a clio cup in the first place. I would have saved a lot of money!

It does get expensive doesn't it,we try telling people that but they will not listen.

FAntastic purchase! Came on here after seeing your for sale thread on the rallye reg. So jealous.

You have pm by the way lol

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm not saying it's not satisfying,it is,but with us not living close together and doing funny shift patterns,then tying that in with getting in the workshop,then when all that came together we would end up doing 13-14 hrs or more all in one to get stuff done.Real ballache.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Liking the car, their great fun Ive got a TCR car aswell. I bought some drive shafts for mine off Fergus trenholme i think, what sort of spares did yours come with?

I dont think this is Carlos's old car as his went to Guernsey and mine is in Jersey so two TCR cup racers in the channel islands lol.

One thing you should check on it first is that the uniballs on the wishbones have not seized up, ive heard about this happening on a few cars and it cause's the hubs to crack which obviously isnt safe. I allways give mine a good spray with wd40 after ive used it to clean all the crap off and keep the lubed up.

Clio 172
hey boys,good to be here, im from Mexico and i have a clio 172, the point is that my car has the same exhaust than you, what kind of exhaust is that? because is not the stock one.
thanks a lot gays, your car looks good!

Evo 5 RS
hey boys,good to be here, im from Mexico and i have a clio 172, the point is that my car has the same exhaust than you, what kind of exhaust is that? because is not the stock one.
thanks a lot gays, your car looks good!

haha, brilliant sign off!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
When you put the car in reverse does your reverse light come on? Im sure i remember mine coming on but now it doesnt, been a long time since i last drove it though so I may just be imagining it.