ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Detailing Stash

Megane R26
Today's delivery, to be added to my ridiculous collection :)

IMG_0491.gif

A nice little surprise from Tim (CYC) too - does anyone know what is is?

IMG_0492.gif

Megane R26
It's the Dodo Supernatural Wash Mitt - aka 'Wookie's Fist'

It's a bit of a beast, by far the softest wash mitt I've ever toucher (oo-er!)

Swissvax delivery next week - I want some BOS... again, lol

Megane R26
Sonus SFX4 Sealant looks interesting too (the black bottle) and the new Mini EZ Brush... awww, it's so cute.

I need a life IIRC.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I concur you do!

I love those little applicators! So cheap!

EZ x2 will be on order for July's shipment.

Don't like Sonus other than their superb pads.

BOS is naaaaice :)

That mitt looks the dogs! Price?

Megane R26
£20 for the mitt - it's bigger than my head!!

I'm not a Sonus fan, but this stuff is new. Tim said it's very much like one of the Blackfire sealants (their parent companies merged) and leaves the paint ridiculously slick.

Only £12 too. Got to be worth a try. Their polishes are poo though.

Megane R26
It's crazy soft - have you seen their SN Drying Towel too? £22, but it's awesome.

I save the SN stuff for my own car...

Ah makes sense.

Nope not seen the towel, have two I4D super plush for my car only. Beauties!

TBF you have a black car so that is understandable

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Russ as 476 is pretty much a good sealent and if i'm not using srp>egp
could I get away with a glaze under the 476?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol didn't make much sense actually!

Was loking at either Cg wet mirror(sealentish) Or a glaze like moose?

Porsche Boxster987S
Ive been using the BOS and tbh i dont see a massive difference from onyx :S makes it looks a bit wetter but not a great deal. Beads just the same too

Bumder With A Buffer
Very good stuff, lots of reviews rave about it.

Depends what you are trying to do Richy mate.

Yeah Ive heard good things about it too.. My only fear is my combos are what might be causing my issues.

At the momento SRP, CG Wet Mirror, Dodo Blue Velvet is what I have been using.

Wanted to replace SRP and try a different polish. I have a few swirl marks and stuff which you can notice under halogen light but nothing major.

Yeah Ive heard good things about it too.. My only fear is my combos are what might be causing my issues.

Wanted to replace SRP and try a different polish. I have a few swirl marks and stuff which you can notice under halogen light but nothing major.

Nout wrong with SRP fella, especially if you have swirls, nice filler polisher.

Porsche Boxster987S

srp will not because swirls. Swirls are usually caused from poor washing techniques ie , 1 bucket , sponge , no previuos snow foam before touching the paint , drying products used

FLOL at Paul;

"It was just him; one bucket, one sponge. . ."

Sounds like the intro to some ghey detailing Western film!

Bus w**ker
I used CK VHMHW and it's a fair superior product to AG SRP. Great results, easy to work with (by hand but you can use machine) and a piece of piss to buff off. No annoying dusty residue either.

IIRC only tramps use SRP... :clown:

OK, I know this is probably actually a good thing, but

Oh FFS, just worked it out while typing!

ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze, right? FFS

Bumder With A Buffer
I used CK VHMHW and it's a fair superior product to AG SRP. Great results, easy to work with (by hand but you can use machine) and a piece of piss to buff off. No annoying dusty residue either.

Cool what I wanted to hear..no harm in trying something new and see how it goes.

Porsche Boxster987S
Acronym for "That's Bulls**t H'actually"?

of course son;)

on topic though. that mitt looks quite good. Feedback would be nice on it. Also , good to hear matt will be stocking menzerna products soon:)

Bus w**ker
PMSL I've just noticed how many typos were in my last post...thankfully this is overlooked by JD's self ownage :rasp:

Bumder With A Buffer
I saw that "wookie" Mitt earlier on in the year... Dont see whats so special about it? Even reading the threads over on DW I cant see what benefits it has..unless im just being a pleb!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I don't get your point they are both different stages of detaling, you should use both not one or the other!

Polish>glaze :S

Bus w**ker
It's a stupidly named product as it's neither a wax or a glaze lol. It's a polish. f**k knows why lol.

I used PB White Diamond glaze though ;).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That won't be a patch on srp mate, srp is full of abrasives and fillers.

The 'glaze' has very little fillers and abrasives.