ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Detailing Stash

what u put infront of me
and wait till u drop the wookie fist in your bucket of water, want it sucks it will up...and become stupidly heavy.

Bus w**ker
That won't be a patch on srp mate, srp is full of abrasives and fillers.

The 'glaze' has very little fillers and abrasives.
Eh? Oh...no I don't polish with the glaze.

I polish with CK Vanilla Moose and then glaze with PB White Diamond.

Why I keep typing used instead of use though is worrying me.

I was looking for a new one a couple of weeks ago, but havent got round to ordering anything yet. Got Blitz sealant which I think is awesome. Wax of choice just now is Pete's53, but its running low.

TBH I lost the detailing bug over winter, and just never bothered, but seem to be finding myself on DW a bit more these days.

I could really do with ordering a few new things, then I can get excited about using them! lol

Megane R26
Sonus SFX4 is awesome for £12. It leaves a very glossy and slick surface behind - very Zaino-esque in its appearence

Supernatural is very good, and definitely outlasts Onyx, but I'd agree it's not amazing looks wise.

BOS does edge Onyx IMO, but you pay £90 for 10% extra bling...

It's all in the prep anyway :)

Porsche Boxster987S
Sonus SFX4 is awesome for £12. It leaves a very glossy and slick surface behind - very Zaino-esque in its appearence

Supernatural is very good, and definitely outlasts Onyx, but I'd agree it's not amazing looks wise.

couldnt agree more with that post

:boring:

:approve::star::D:star::approve:

Hai

120d M Sport
Russell, I do worry for you mate :eek:

£20 mitt? I thought you preferred sponges! :rasp:

Pics of whole collection :D?

Megane R26
Russell, I do worry for you mate :eek:

£20 mitt? I thought you preferred sponges! :rasp:

Pics of whole collection :D?

I have too much stuff scattered about tbh - might do some, but it's a bit sad :)

I'm not keen on mitts, but for £20, I had to see what the fuss was about.

I think SN is worth the cash - leaves a great finish on machine'd Lime Prime. Onyx didn't last very long for me, but it does look great.

200 Gordini
You need multiple coats of onyx, then i try to get one on once a month.

That mitt is going to be in my collection very soon, ive read the fibres tangle up easily so you might want to check that after a wash then brush it or whatever needs to be done and get it hung up to dry asap.. but yeah.. jealous lol

You need multiple coats of onyx, then i try to get one on once a month.

That mitt is going to be in my collection very soon, ive read the fibres tangle up easily so you might want to check that after a wash then brush it or whatever needs to be done and get it hung up to dry asap.. but yeah.. jealous lol

It's like a bloody pet!

SN is probs the only one I would actually buy, but Onyx rules over it. I am now able to apply as and when I want, being home and having access to a garage, so durability isn't an issue.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'll seriously have to slip you a few quid to try some of those products out on the Cup. Unortunately with the state of my paint you'll need a day of prep.

Megane R26
I'll seriously have to slip you a few quid to try some of those products out on the Cup. Unortunately with the state of my paint you'll need a day of prep.

No worries Lee - I need to machine polish Ste's too, so I could do it over your way if that's easier? :)

Lee

BMW M2C
No worries Lee - I need to machine polish Ste's too, so I could do it over your way if that's easier? :)

We'll pile round Ste's parents and use their drive. I don't have an outside tap so always do mine round my parents. :eek:

Megane R26
It's like a bloody pet!

SN is probs the only one I would actually buy, but Onyx rules over it. I am now able to apply as and when I want, being home and having access to a garage, so durability isn't an issue.

This latest SN formula is a lot nicer than any I have used before, this is 2.02 I believe, it's very easy on/off and leaves an awesome bright, blingy look!

Have you just tried a panel pot? Do you know which version it was?

120d M Sport
^ I've tried the panel pot Russ, was just the v2 edition, thought it was really good but couldnt justify spending £65

Arctic Blue 182
That lot is just an insane level of detailing.

I just dont have the disposable cash to throw at something like that.

Zymol shampoo, AG leather, the Meguiars 3 stage system with meg's applicators and some 100% cotton cloths... and a bucket are all I can afford to use :(

Oh, and AG bumper care, AG glass cleaner and a tube of Autosol.