ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new FRB 182 Cup

After a long process of waiting for the right car (and the money to afford it), I've managed to snag a stunning example of the highly regarded 182 Cup. It's a 2005 model with 72,000km on the clock, 2 owners and a full service history. The condition of the car really needs to be seen to be believed; it still looks, feels and smells new inside. Paint is perfect all round, no dints in any panels and no wheels curbed. According to the previous owner, it has been pampered its whole life.

I'm still making the transition from a big, heavy RWD sedan to the small, light FWD clio, but so far it's been great fun and I'm stoked with the choice. I've got some plans in the way of modifications (exhaust, rstuner, maybe a short-shifter), but the hip pocket is kinda deflated at the moment...

Anyways, enough talking and more pictures!

5986934736_99c3552fc0_z.png

5986935736_dec01440cd_z.jpg

5986376855_0e060a9873_z.jpg

5986935110_f75b362c51_z.jpg

5986376433_46ee80bdff_z.jpg

5986377089_c54653e2c4_z.png

Rb 182
What's with the really small number plates lol Is that legal there? Great looking car mate good plans to

182 Turbo Project
Welcome mate.

Looks like a nice clean example.

The only thing I would do would be to remove the stripes at the back and replace them with solid stripes.

Would make it look a lot cleaner imo.

Very nice, do you see many RenaultSports down under?

There's a few around, but not many. I'm starting to notice them more now that I know what they are.

What's with the really small number plates lol Is that legal there? Great looking car mate good plans to

These are slim plates, and yes they're sold through the official government registration organisation. Our speed cameras have no trouble seeing the small plates, otherwise they wouldn't sell them! :nono:

Looks great - how do you come off with import duty?

Import duty? I think most of the RS cars on our market are official imports. Obviously I bought this one used, and through a private sale. In this case I only pay to transfer the registration into my name, which includes an admin fee and some government stamp duty.

Welcome mate.

Looks like a nice clean example.

The only thing I would do would be to remove the stripes at the back and replace them with solid stripes.

Would make it look a lot cleaner imo.

Fair enough. I don't mind the fancy finish, and I'm pretty sure they came like that from the factory?

Lovely :) it's probaly alot easier to keep cars in good condition over there isn't it ?

Less rain, so yeah I guess so. They can get pretty dusty though.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. :)

182 Turbo Project
Oh really?

I thought they were solid stripes at the back as well?

Might have been different over where you are I guess?

Z4 Coupe
Looks smart, Never seen the stripes finish at the rear like that. I personally prefer the solid stripes but thats just me:)

Coming from a fellow RB owner, Well done on picking the best colour possible:approve:

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys!

Regarding the colour, I wasn't sure how I'd like it to begin with. It's quite outlandish, a bit in-your-face if you will. But every time I see it, I enjoy it more. The colour (and stripes) remind me that it is indeed something different and special :D

I've also discovered that Renault Australia released a limited run of 30 182 Cups with an 'F1 Team' badge. These all came with the larger (Trophy?) wing, stripes and a build plaque inside the cabin signed by Alonso and Fisichella. According to my local sources, a further 30 were sold in identical build & spec, but without the F1 badging. These are known locally as the 'LE' edition, of which my car is most likely one.

In terms of plans, I feel a little hesitant to mod such a mint example of the stock car. It's a brilliant thing in its own right. Once those feelings wear off, I'll be keen to make a few changes:

• Louder exaust: There's a nice induction noise, but the rear end certainly needs more bark.
  • RStuner: I've heard only good things about these. Having driven a friend's 172 with an RStuner, I've gotta say the throttle response is great.
  • Short shift kit: The same 172 has the short shift kit fitted, and it was a hoot to use. <click, click, click> :race:
  • Front splitter: Make it look even meaner.
  • Wheels: Speedline somethings. I like the Turinis, but I'm not so sure with the FRB colour.
  • ICE mods. Probably some Focal splits, maybe a new HU and amp.

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I have no idea of the LE edition and havent heard of it but im not really clued up so im sure someone will answer that.. plans sound tasty aswell alot of people rave on about the yozza sport exhaust on here so it must be good other choices are the piper and k-tec exhaust which im pretty sure are all good pieces of kit.
i have also been looking at getting the rstuner but it seems as though they are not in production anymore :( i hope someone comes along to say im rong but im not sure, either way a second hand one would be possible to get hold of.

im glad you are enjoying the car down there anyway pal it really does look spotless you deffinatly did pick the right colour ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lovely. How do the steering wheels stand up to the heat down under??!

130i Road, 172 Track
I've also discovered that Renault Australia released a limited run of 30 182 Cups with an 'F1 Team' badge. These all came with the larger (Trophy?) wing, stripes and a build plaque inside the cabin signed by Alonso and Fisichella. According to my local sources, a further 30 were sold in identical build & spec, but without the F1 badging. These are known locally as the 'LE' edition, of which my car is most likely one.

Hey mate - you've got the Cup spoiler and of the 30 LEs there were 15 FRB and 15 Blood Orange (called Inferno in the UK). I saw on OZRS that you don't have a plaque so I would be 99% sure that yours is one of the LEs (unless someone put a Cup spoiler on it, which is pretty rare over here) .

130i Road, 172 Track
Oh really?

I thought they were solid stripes at the back as well?

Might have been different over where you are I guess?

The flags with the chequered ends were unique to Aus. On the F1 and LE editions that we got (mentioned in this thread) they came with them from factory like that. Since then a local graphics company has started making them in any colour you want, so there're a lot more phII Clios getting around with stripes now!

130i Road, 172 Track
Lovely :) it's probaly alot easier to keep cars in good condition over there isn't it ?

Correct - we don't get anywhere near as much rust as you guys do. You can always tell a car that's been imported from the UK by how much rust it has ;)