ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new rallye

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You may want to check the pugsport is on the right hangers mate, seems to be sitting very low

Pugsports sit wonky, you need to cut the mounts off and reweld them on :( s**t quality exhaust but you won't get much else that will rasp like it.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
looking good sounds great 16v with a pugsport :) really makes me not want to sale my s1 after seeing that video :(

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Pugsports sit wonky, you need to cut the mounts off and reweld them on :( s**t quality exhaust but you won't get much else that will rasp like it.

Just had a look at the kam racing 'version' which looks a better quality and better fit exhaust..

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
CIMG1065.jpg

mine used to sit fine on my old s2 and again on my s1, i could find pics of the other 2 rallyes ive hasd with pugsports but im sure you get the picture.

IMG_9649.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
All of mine sat propper too

Photo-0091.jpg

Always used the powerflex exhaust hangers on mine, much better and no movement issues

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice mate, mine was only on one hanger at the back! The rubbers look fooked though so gonna order some others. Was it a specific size you ordered for yours?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I used to get them from halfords mate, just take the original off and take it down there, most larger halfords stock them from memory, although that was around 4 years ago lol

I cant from the top of my head remember what size it actually is, they did a few different shapes and sizes so I matched up my original to the ones above

Marv off 106owners told me that was the case. A friend of ours bought a 2 inch pugsport to replace his 3inch system and it sits wonky. I suggested the mounts were on wrong but got shot down as soon as I mentioned it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My cable tie exhaust fix lasted a mile so ordered some powerflex mounts which should hopefully solve the problem.

Due to having no space in front of the trumpets I've had to resort to dual piper cross trumpet socks to give me a little filtration;

8757CD7C-AEF1-4582-896C-71F509F5D5BF-3699-000001E3F85396B3.jpg

8225D74C-3AA0-445B-A27E-EF9CA0A5007D-3699-000001E3F0B865D6.jpg

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Not sure why, but I'm so jelous I don't have one of these.

Wish I had held out for a GTI over a VTS last year :(

The VTS is a different beast now ;)

I've been away for a week but something's never change. Jim has been spending MORE money.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks awesome! I wanted a rallye but for the price I paid for my Gti I couldn't say no.

Did your running problems ever return, mine is cutting out and idle is lumpy. It seems to misfire mid revs, I am wondering after reading your thread if its a fuel pump issue as the guy who I bought it off mentioned it had issues with fuel pumps... Grr

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks awesome! I wanted a rallye but for the price I paid for my Gti I couldn't say no.

Did your running problems ever return, mine is cutting out and idle is lumpy. It seems to misfire mid revs, I am wondering after reading your thread if its a fuel pump issue as the guy who I bought it off mentioned it had issues with fuel pumps... Grr

Once the fuel pump had been changed everything was ok until I started messing with it again!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Once the fuel pump had been changed everything was ok until I started messing with it again!

Oh! I am hoping its not the fuel pump because of the cost but it wouldn't surprise me! Have you got a genuine one fitted or aftermarket?

Looks like I am going to have a fun week... I need mine ready to drive to silverstone this weekend as I am working at britcar.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh! I am hoping its not the fuel pump because of the cost but it wouldn't surprise me! Have you got a genuine one fitted or aftermarket?

Looks like I am going to have a fun week... I need mine ready to drive to silverstone this weekend as I am working at britcar.

It was a genuine used one so wasn't that expensive.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looking good as always mate. Just picked up a 35k mile 16v lump for my saxo for £50!!!