ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My non-clio: supercharged BMW 318is project

E30 318iS x2
I've been liasing with the lad who's got the road going rotrex iS. He's done a redesign and I decided to get rid of the oil hosing and use the updated bracket that he's just made. Should have it bolted in soon but got to start saving the spondies for the management etc.

E90
:) Just like mine it neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds H+R's when you have 800 quid spare, Only way to get a 318is LOW unless you go mad and get varient 3 KW's lol

Just been having another look over this, and trying to picture it in my head against my engine. I cant figure out exactly where this is bolted though:

IMG_6475.jpg

Is it simply mounted to where the alternator bracket was? or is it somewhere different, but the same side of the block?

E30 318iS x2
Haven't really posted anything on this for a while! Since I last posted I spent abit of time overhauling the front suspension. Bought new OE quality wishbones along with some eccentric powerflex bushes and some -60 lowering springs. I also stripped the front struts down and had them powder coated black:

SL387241Large.jpg

IMG_7246Large.jpg

IMG_7254Large.jpg

Also changed my steering rack as the other PAS one was pishing fluid out of one end.

I also bought a Cobra Suzuka Pro seat which is bloody brilliant and I was amazed how much difference it made being held properly in the seat:

IMG_7346Large.jpg

One of the track days I went to, a car caught fire. This gave me more than enough reason to spend a minimal £100 on a Lifeline plumb fire extinguisher system. The car and my life is worth more than £100 so seemd like a no brainer. I put the extinguisher in the foot well and out one of the nozels in the cabin and one at the front of the engine bay:

IMG_7315Large.jpg

IMG_7329Large.jpg

IMG_7285Large.jpg

Also took some photo's of the car after one of the track days:

IMG_7263Large.jpg

IMG_7266Large.jpg

So thats it up to now! I've been concentrating on getting everything else sorted on the car and using it over the summer for it's primary purpose, to have fun in!! I've got another couple of track days coming up and a few more track based additions to make. Once that's out the way I'll be fitting and plumbing in the Rotrex :cool:

Jap Shed
Cheers :)

Left :rasp:, A common thought is that the 318iS's came with LSD's, regrettably they didnt :( so trying to source a 3.91 LSD, best option would be a 4.10 but they rare as rocking horse s**t.

I'm going to be running it on a V3 Mega Squirt system (name always alarmed me lol) supplied by a local firm, very good system that you build up yourself so will learn alot with that and also comes with software to map it yourself :)

megasquirt is good, some people on here will say its not but its used a lot by peeps on MX5 Nutz on conversions and works well.

Nice progress - I see people hatin' megasquirt on forums a lot, but at the end of the day if its put together properly and the time is taken to set it up properly, its no different from any 'branded' ECU, it can do more advanced stuff in quite a number of areas too. Ideal for a low budget project if you are handy with the electrics side IMO.

E30 318iS x2
A small update. I ordered up the parts for the lubrication system for the Rotrex. It wasn't feckin cheap (Rotrex oil is £75 a litre :quiet:) but wanted all the 'Rotrex' branded bits so no questions could be raised should there be a warranty issue. Made some brackets and bought some rubber mountings to mount the Rotrex oil cooler. I also wrapped the pipes in spiral wrap to protect them from any chafing or damage

IMG_7397rmLarge.jpg

IMG_7398Large.jpg

IMG_7394Large.jpg

IMG_7401Large.jpg

I've just been saving up for the ECU and other bits I need. I'm trying to find some where that can cut and bend large diameter aluminium pipe for the air pipes but I haven't had much luck yet, can any one recommend any where? I wanted continuous hoses rather than cut and shut sections.

Try your local industrial estate, bet theres someone there that could do it!

What management are you going to run on this?