ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My old Clio

120d M Sport
Hi guys, after speaking to the new owner of my beloved first car on here I thought I'd do a write up of my ownership as I never made a project thread.

Here she is as I bought her, totally standard in June 2008:

16062008479.jpg

19062008486.jpg

I'm embarassed to think this was me but my not so tasty initial ideas for the car can be seen here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=349626

WTF was I thinking?! Thankfully I was put right by a few stern words from CS members and begun to see sense.

First few mods were simple things like silver side badges:

P1010213.jpg

The mandatory Cliosport silvervisions:
27082008769.jpg

Diadems:
29082008778.jpg

And a CTR aerial:

241220081013.jpg

Then came the RS Grill, a great mod for non sports:

P1010233-1.jpg

Perhaps the best money I spent was getting it colour coded, which really tidied it up nicely:

reg.jpg

reg2.jpg

Followed by other small changes that I was constantly making;

Painted the calipers gold:

Photo224.jpg

And a cut down, recess fitting number plate:

Photo205.jpg

I've always been about keeping my car immaculate and I spent so much time out on my drive washing and polishing it! Heres one from my pre- FCS detail:

P1010276.jpg

And one from the show itself (more memories!):

Photo298.jpg

Soon after I took the car to Fred at BTM performance who did the 5 yrs cambelt/water pump change. Excellent service, if I can ever get through to him (lol!) I will be going back for work on my current car

I finally got round to lowering:

went for 50mm Cobra springs from europerformance which gave it a great stance:

Photo433.jpg

P1010346.jpg

More money well spent was calling out my good mate Russ to work his detailing magic on it lol.

Russ' thread here:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=450159

A few afters:

Photo566.jpg

Photo573.jpg

I then forked out on some decent rubber, a set of Toyo Proxes T1-R's:
Photo621.jpg

I kept adding bits all the while, next was a carbon diamond:

Photo661.jpg

And genuine Renaultsport mats:

P1010382.jpg

Picture also shows colour coded dash strips and 172 gearknob, other nice touches.

Project 'complete' :D, clean as ever:

Photo607.jpg

14k miles and 18 months later I was ready to sell, got the new owner to sign up on here so hopefully he'll be continuing my good work!

Just shows it doesn't take a great deal of money to get these cars looking good (Albeit with plenty of time/effort in my case :eek:) Hopefully this might be useful to people starting out for 1.2 Clios looking for ideas.

I still miss it a lot! :(

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:
  MK2PH2
This thread helped me a lot i have a 1.2 which is standard at the min, been planning some mods similar to the ones on this but i couldn't picture them untill now. so thanks :)

120d M Sport
Really clean Clio you had there. Great mods.

Thankyou sir!

Was such a mint car mate. Thanks for the mention :)

The new owner got a sweet car.

Gotta give credit where its due. I wont mention the bargain basement mates rate, dont wan't folk thinking you're a cheap wh0re ;)

Looks good there dude, you made it a minter :)

Cheers boyracer x

Love the RS mats, how much did they cost if you don't mind me asking?

£50 off ebay mate

Last edited:
  Megane R26
Hell no! £2.50 and a Large Chicken Fillet Meal with Pepsi isn't standard rates for these skills :p

Clio 1.2
nice car looks really nice! where did you buy gold caliper paint, been looking everywhere for that shade of gold!?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Running really well atm mate, after my expensive month (as via PM) I've not spent a penny other than petrol and cleaning stuff!

I keep on getting the itch to sell it for a 172, and tbh I probably would sell if I got a good enough offer, but it's such a good, fun car to drive!

What have you got planned for yours?

120d M Sport
I think I'm really gona struggle come replacement time, it does everything so well. In comparison to the MK2 Clio it feels a lot better built so not sure I fancy a 182 anymore..

I've got the black freestyle grille ready to go on and plan to de-tango and have a big machine polish session on it when weather permits :) - Don't sell yours before Ford Fair!

As it stands:

P1010415.jpg

clio 1.2 16v
Good thread alex and some good pictures glad u didn't put lexus lights on would of spoiled it will make a thread soon after I've got the money for coilovers etc

120d M Sport
Cheers Adam. Would be awesome on coilovers mate, get some 172 Xenons on there too! Look forward to seeing the progress