ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Racing Blue Clio 182 Turbo

RB Clio 182
What happened with yours? What power was it and what management is it running?
Hi, the camseal popped out causing a loss of oil, I didn't realise until it started missing resulting in me needing new piston rings and crankshaft among a few other things. I'm also having another box fitted as mine crunched slightly from 2nd to 3rd at high rpm.

I think the rings might have been cracked causing a pressure build up blowing the seals.

I should have it back in the next few days.

Its running 279hp on adaptronic ecu and meg internals.

Golf Gti edition 30
Hi,Yeah its running great.Finally got it out in completely dry roads today and its putting the power down better than before.Should be doing a trip over a few days in the north west of Scotland in a week so it will get a good run.

RB Clio 182
Hi,Yeah its running great.Finally got it out in completely dry roads today and its putting the power down better than before.Should be doing a trip over a few days in the north west of Scotland in a week so it will get a good run.

You still running it in? Got semi synthetic in atm?

Golf Gti edition 30
Hi there,Its really just a sat/sun car so asking on a fri is the wrong time to ask lol.

But yeah weekend past it was faultless and boosting well.Just got some mintex 1144 pads to try as noticed im on the brakes a bit more.
Also painted the intercooler black as prefer it not seen.

The more im using the car the more im liking it again.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yeah its running great.its got plenty of power ! Prob too much lol.It has to be in low boost most of the time and can only really floor it in 3rd gear upwards and in high boost can only really floor it above 60mph otherwise it just wants to wheelspin.When it grips though its away.Total licence loser of a car if your not sensible.

How's it running now mate better now few miles on ? you going to keep it now ?

Golf Gti edition 30
The cars been running fantastic with no issues at all.
Been doing a few bits to the engine bay.Still got a few things to do.
Keeping it just now as always look forward to getting it out at the weekends :)

IMG_7688.jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
G
The cars been running fantastic with no issues at all.
Been doing a few bits to the engine bay.Still got a few things to do.
Keeping it just now as always look forward to getting it out at the weekends :smile:

IMG_7688.jpg
God to hear it Steve :up: you deserve it after all the hassle . Looking nice under there now .

Golf Gti edition 30
Yeah really happy with it now ! Am looking for a cheap set of turinis needing a refurb that would get done in silver.
Checked the dates recently for fcs and csf and im on a pals stag do on one and my honeymoon on the other.

Golf Gti edition 30
I need to get some photos of the car and the turinis up soon.Just keeping the standard wheels in boxes in the garage as the value of them are prob so low id just be better holding onto them just now and swap them back on or sell them once i decide to sell the car.Thinking im pretty much done doing everything i want to with the car as its at a stage im really happy with and feels special enough when it does come out.Still absolutely faultless every time its been out

Golf Gti edition 30
Not updated this in a while.

Nearly a year since i got it back and a few thousand miles done on it.The car has been totally reliable and given no grief thank goodness.
Got the tailpipes brought back in recently and also finally fitted the mintex 1144 pads.What a difference.
Realised ive only filled it up twice since August so its hardly been used.Still only has 39k on the clock.Been on my mind alot recently wither to put it up for sale as got a house move planned this year and suppose the extra cash would come in handy.
Heres a few recent pics :)

IMG_9336.JPG

IMG_9626.JPG

Just had a read from start to finish...... wow, quite a journey to get the car as it is now. BUT...... the car looks sooo smart, especially now on the Turini's and that power figure is the highest I've personally seen on a Clio Turbo, must be so much fun haha. Worth the wait and hassle!