ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My review of the 200 so far.................

Picked up my new 200 just over a week ago, haven't got round to cleaning it yet so no pics as yet, will get some up next week.

My thoughts so far............

What a fantastic car! After having a 182 before, I knew I would love the 200 and there are some vast improvements but also some things I'm unsure of so far.

The cornering ability is staggering, the grip is fantastic and is a right laugh to drive, the 200 is obviously bigger than the 182 but you can still chuck the 200 around.

Brembos are awesome too:cool:

Performance wise, the added torque low down is much improved over the 182, added to the exhaust note between 2k and 3k makes blipping the throttle very addictive.
Now I've only done 450 miles so I know it's not run in yet but it doesn't feel as fast as the 182 yet. I'm only taking it up to 3500rpm until 600 miles so being unfair to the 200 but hasn't quite got the acceleration of the 182.

Glad I got recaros as they look the part and do hold you in nicely.

Cup chassis is brilliant but ain't as hard as made out, no worse than the 182 but feels even more direct as you fling it through the corners.

Going for the glacier white paint, i had to have the black speedlines which go together so well with the red callipers as well. I know the cup spoiler is always up for debate but I think it finishes the car off a treat. I had reservations about it a couple of weeks before delivery but in the flesh I love it. Extra tinted glass looks great too, thought it might make it too dark but isn't at all and finishes it off nicely.

All I can do now is wait for the engine to loosen up so I can feel the 5k kick;)

33 to the gallon too.............

Thanks for reading

Stan:rasp:

White clique
Sounds good, i wouldnt hold your breath for the 5k kick though, its the same as the 172's / 182's were and were just about noticable. It wont feel as fast at a 182 ever as its better built, but is just about as fast IMO (and can out handle a 182)

good trade up!

Found these of when it turned up at the dealership.........

Attachments

• e1c4ac88.jpg
    e1c4ac88.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 187
  • 7d8d4302.jpg
    7d8d4302.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 7f0fdb28.jpg
    7f0fdb28.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Whats the box on the drivers window?

Noticed them on a few of the 200's that aint been prepped.

Car looks braw

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mine's well run-in. It will never feel quite as quick as a 1*2, they weigh a lot and do not make 197bhp, 190max if you're very, very lucky. Glad you're enjoying it.

Yeah I can sense that it doesn't feel as fast but in reality it probably is.

I've heard horror stories of guys on here getting mpg in the low 20's. I don't know how unless the needle is seeing the redline in every gear every time! (Daniel?!)

Gear ratios are odd though, i can put it into 6th at 45-50mph.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
23.3 mpg i'm averaging now. :D

And you must have some SERIUSLY smooth roads by where you live. My spine is booked in for a re-build at Ktec the end of this month...

And you must have some SERIUSLY smooth roads by where you live. My spine is booked in for a re-build at Ktec the end of this month...

23.3mpg, you must be slowing up abit;)

What kind of price is the rebuild? Sort out a group buy:rasp:

Nissan 350z
Cant say my Cup is particular harsh either, infact id probably say my 200 Cup is a smoother ride than my 172 with Eibach Sportlines :cool:

My only niggles with mine so far is the notchy gearbox seems prone to the ocasional crunch if your rushing gear changes from cold, once warm i havent got any issues. And the colour, damnit white is annoying to keep clean in this weather! But thats my fault really.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Have to agree! It's a fair but harsher in terms of ride than the mk2's. But it's got incredible high speed control, difficult to get one without the other!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I wouldnt bother not taking it above 3500 rpm. If i decide to get one itll go like this >

Door open > upto temperature > me kicking its hole from 0-limiter.

The engines are extensivley tested and checked, running it in like a man is how to do it.

Clio 200 Cup
I picked up my 200 Cup just over a week ago. As for running in, I was told "not to thrash it" until 600 miles. So I just havn't gone looking for the rev limiter yet. Being too gentle doesn't seem to do a new engine much good anyway, not that they need much running in.

The car is blindingly good, I'm very pleased with it. Fuel economy isn't great but I can live with that. The brakes are brilliant, they really inspire confidence.

The mid-range torque is hugely improved over my previous 172 Cup and it pulls remarkably well in 6th from some suprisingly low speeds.

As for spec, I went for the standard seats, racing blue, black speedlines. The standard seats are fine, they hold me in well. I looked at the recaros but I wasn't impressed with them enough to pay the extra £800.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I picked up my 200 Cup just over a week ago. As for running in, I was told "not to thrash it" until 600 miles. So I just havn't gone looking for the rev limiter yet. Being too gentle doesn't seem to do a new engine much good anyway, not that they need much running in.

The car is blindingly good, I'm very pleased with it. Fuel economy isn't great but I can live with that. The brakes are brilliant, they really inspire confidence.

The mid-range torque is hugely improved over my previous 172 Cup and it pulls remarkably well in 6th from some suprisingly low speeds.

As for spec, I went for the standard seats, racing blue, black speedlines. The standard seats are fine, they hold me in well. I looked at the recaros but I wasn't impressed with them enough to pay the extra £800.
That's not right, a healthy cup should have a better mid range. The weight of the 200, added to the fact that they put out 190bhp if you're lucky, closer to 180 for most would see to that.

Mine was driven hard from day one. Running in is pointless imo with modern cars.

172 Rally Car
^ And dont forget the electronics to save your ass on under steerey roundabouts (Amazing,truly Amazing)

Something Not French
That's not right, a healthy cup should have a better mid range.

The torque figure is higher on a 200 than a 172, but probably more down to the gearing, and perceived torque available.

I'd agree with most of this thread. Cup pack can be surprisingly refined, and only usually crashy over really sh*t roads. The standard seats are really quite good, and comfortable over long distances (I did a 200 mile run in my 200, with no backache at all).

I didn't run it in as such, kept it under 5k until around 400 miles, then gradually built up to the beep, but only ever when fully warmed (thank you monitor pack!).

Fuel economy - now this could be a can of worms. I'm getting around 27/28 mpg, over mainly single carriage A roads. Have seen 31 briefly. I drive economically 95% of the time due to crappy commuter traffic. Does this improve with mileage??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Re mpg, calculate it. Trip says I'm getting 27-8mpg, calculated I'm getting 33.

33 to the gallon prob equals 35 then, happy days!

Although I'm only taking it up to 3500rpm at the mo, will come down once I can give it the beans!

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
VarlskiUK - Have you done the caluculation on full tank to full tank? Unless it was your first fill up today I can't see how you got an answer so quickly.... Mine is still averaging 34mpg over 5300 miles, trip computer is nearly 2mpg less than reality.

Something Not French
VarlskiUK - Have you done the caluculation on full tank to full tank? Unless it was your first fill up today I can't see how you got an answer so quickly.... Mine is still averaging 34mpg over 5300 miles, trip computer is nearly 2mpg less than reality.

I've done just over 800 miles in 12 days. I got 335 miles to a tank, 51 litre fill, thats 29.5mpg, or thereabouts.

Clio 200 Cup
That's not right, a healthy cup should have a better mid range. The weight of the 200, added to the fact that they put out 190bhp if you're lucky, closer to 180 for most would see to that.

Mine was driven hard from day one. Running in is pointless imo with modern cars.

The 200 feels to me like it has more low down torque, be it down to gearing or engine output. I'd be suprised if a good 172 Cup puts out 150bhp at the wheels anyway.
(can of worms now fully opened)

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The 200 feels to me like it has more low down torque, be it down to gearing or engine output. I'd be suprised if a good 172 Cup puts out 150bhp at the wheels anyway.
(can of worms now fully opened)

The 200's barely pass 190 at the fly.

We're on the pcp with 6000 miles per annum but have done nearly 600 miles in just over a week so think we will be miles over after 2 years!

Nissan 350z
Lol and i thought i was bad! Im at 1009 miles now since collecting on the 27th Sept. And that includes the 180 miles driving it back home from.

The problem is that if I was driving a normal car, then 6000 miles a year would probably be fine but I just jump in it of an evening just to have a drive, even if I don't have to go anywhere!

Something Not French
Not bad for a heavy barge.

Hardly, the 200 FF weighs 160kg more than a 182 FF. You can gain that with 2 mates in the back easily.

You'll clock up my annual mileage in about 2 months :eek:

I'm on 12k PCP, my daily commute is about 35miles, plus I have had things to do at weekends recently, that included long trips. I don't usually go over 1000 miles a month, but I'll smash it this month!

Lol and i thought i was bad! Im at 1009 miles now since collecting on the 27th Sept. And that includes the 180 miles driving it back home from.

They are for driving you know, not for looking at!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I reckon i'd do 1000 miles the first weekend i got it TBH.

V6 255
The mileage thing only kicks in if you want to hand the car back and totally walk away, ie not sign up to another car (Don't forget it doesn't have to be a Renault) or keep it. I personall will sell privately if I want rid as it should be quite a bit higher than the GFV

Something Not French
The mileage thing only kicks in if you want to hand the car back and totally walk away, ie not sign up to another car (Don't forget it doesn't have to be a Renault) or keep it. I personall will sell privately if I want rid as it should be quite a bit higher than the GFV

Agreed, My GFV is p*ss poor, like £6.5k or something. Will sell privately and pay Renault off regardless of what I did, unless I keep it that is!