ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang Sportnex NS-2R Fitted

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Decided it was time to remove the winter tyres and fit something fresh for the 1 week of summer we will probably get.

So I have gone with the new Nankang Sportnex NS-2R in 195/50/15 82W with a tread wear rating of 180. They have been on since Tuesday have done around 450 mile on them so far.

8620517099_e32a40d383_c.jpg

So far so good. The last 2 days they have been used very early in the morning when it was still as cold as -4 and they caused no issues at all. Done around 300 mile on them the day after fitting them up to Scotland and they were excellent. Even when it was very cold, they still gripped very well. Living right next to a big roundabout is very fun ;).

This morning the roads were damp and greasy and again they were fine, drove as I normally do liking to push on when the roads are quiet at 6am.

Currently running the fronts at around 33psi and the rears at 31psi.

Will give some more updates when they have done around 1000 miles and I have given them a proper hammering.

But so far so good, they look like they are going to be an excellent tyre.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yeah thats the next test for them, the wet.

Not 100% sure on what retail prices will be hopefully should all be online soon.

GSXR + KDX220
What are the sidewalls like? do they feel stiff like other "track" tyres? how much are they going for?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
What are the sidewalls like? do they feel stiff like other "track" tyres? how much are they going for?

Quite stiff, yet to feel any wobble or them rolling over on themselves like the winters tried too lol.

As for pricing see above comment.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Be interested to hear how these fair on the track... not sure whether that applies to you though! Currently run the 595 RSR's and love them, but thinking about R888's.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Might try and book knockhill if i can as its cheap for a day and thats the closest one too me.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Done just over 1000 miles on these now.

Had them in pretty much all the usual weather conditions, cold mornings, warmish days and rain.

They seem to perform just as well in the wet as they do in the dry. You have to really be pushing on in the wet to get them to break traction but that was trying to make them lose grip, never drive like that any other time in the wet.

Shall stick a photo up of what they look like on the front after this mileage. Be interesting to see how they last up front.

But so far im very happy with them and would happily recommend them and buy them again.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Do we have any sorta price range on these, or where they can be purchased from?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I can get prices on Monday, not sure when they will be on our website though. Hopefully soon, if people do want them though im sure i can sort out them getting listed asap.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Do we have any sorta price range on these, or where they can be purchased from?

Roughly £78 a corner.

Are you thinking of doing any track days soon. I'd like to see what they can handle.

Although last time I bought a car with nankang tyres on I don't think I'd use again due to rubber coming away from the steel banding due to heat. Just fell apart!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Possibly knockhill soon, depending on funds. Got full belt change and cams to pay for this month.

Unless someone wants to pay for a track day close to me they can happily borrow the car haha ;)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Roughly £78 a corner.

Are you thinking of doing any track days soon. I'd like to see what they can handle.

Although last time I bought a car with nankang tyres on I don't think I'd use again due to rubber coming away from the steel banding due to heat. Just fell apart!

It depends tbh m8.

Gotta see what tyres are best ATM as R1Rs are near these on performance and I can get them £50 a corner.

I will be doing some track days but prob around August time.

Clio Sport 182
If you can get the R1R for £50 each, can you get me a set in 195/50/15? Ive run the R1R's on a track fiesta and think they are awesome tyres, lap times hardly changed in the wet from the dry. Prob the best all round tyre ive ever used, on any car ive owned, and my daily driver is an evo 9 gt (400bhp).

Audi A5
Thread pattern looks good. I suppose this is a track/daily type of tyre.

op have you owned Rsr's, ad08's or R1R's to compare?

Had a look at these at Autosport at beginning of this year, the rubber felt quite soft and the tread pattern did look quite good, tried to get prices off Nankang and they just kwpt saying he didn't know @ the time

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I've done nearly 3k on these now. Done a day of autotesting in the wet as well.

They are absolutely fantastic.

I'll grab a picture of how they are wearing.

Been playing around with the pressues as well, seem pretty good at 30psi cold on the road.

lap times hardly changed in the wet from the dry. ​

​so many comments so little time , but seriously you really that slow in the dry then ? , maybe we should let all the racing drivers know that those full wets are a waste of time what with them dropping seconds a lap in the wet on them ....

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Maybe they don't like the high temp of the dry?

Work better in the wet?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Tbh the brand name alone would steer me away from them, at least until there's more reviews on them over the next few months.

cant see how they can make ditch finders, then track tyres.

This is all IMO.

There are lots of little known brands who make decent race rubber maxxis vega mojo ...... the radicals used to race on maxxis with great sucess so dont dismiss them straight away

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Tbh the brand name alone would steer me away from them, at least until there's more reviews on them over the next few months.

This is all IMO.

Lol!

Audi A5

This is all IMO.

look at federal, seen as a budget brand and they made the RSR's which everyone rates.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I've heard lots of good things about them! I'd give them a go if hadn't just fitted RSR's.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Any more news/thoughts on these bad boys, Ben ? :eek:

@Lal B3N

Epic tyres. Ran a pair of fronts bald in approx 8k. That was driving very hard on the road, running 28 psi cold with -1.5 camber.

Rears still looked like new after 8k too.

Huge amounts of dry grip but still had enough give to have fun with lift off oversteer when you want haha. Nice and progressive tyres, would have to really be flying on the roads to push them beyond on their limits.

Wet grip was great, never had any worry with them or had to be cautious due to their tread pattern. Done a couple of motorway trips in pouring rain up to Glasgow and they only aqua plained ever so slightly on large standing water areas, just the same as a normal performance tyre would though. You could still make good progress in the wet if you really wanted to.

Would happily buy them again and If I can find a friendly size for the Astra then I will be purchasing them again.

Huge thumbs up from me, dry grip was 10/10 and wet grip about was about on par with the Pirelli Pzero Neros I run on a regular basis.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Great feedback dude.. What price are these now then for 205/45/16 or 195/45/16..? Any one on here get em cheapy cheap..? ;)
Need aset of tyres soon aswell..!

Cheers, Bruce...!