ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naughty blue 1.2 enhancement

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This ones a long one sorry.

Andrew (@sabian92) asked me to do a bit of correction on his car. It took a while for me to be able to do it due to the lack of a garage but with him being away this weekend and the weather being nice, I got the car for Saturday and Sunday.

When he dropped it off it didn't look that bad...underneath the dust :blush:

image.jpg1_zpslknbiti4.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsbqn875pi.jpg

The swirls were apparent though

image.jpg3_zpsiwmpuvsu.jpg

The headlights were very hazed

image.jpg1_zps304wjnfm.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsijavid2o.jpg

And the plastics were faded

image.jpg4_zpsgps9dfbc.jpg

More dust

image.jpg6_zpsbo5fqyjg.jpg

I sanded the headlights first

The car was rinsed and foamed to remove the crap

image.jpg7_zpsyzicslrp.jpg

While the Avalanche was dwelling, I went around the nooks and crannies with a brush to get the hidden dirt out.

image.jpg8_zps31sheaoh.jpg

The wheels were also done with wonder wheels hot wheels and agitated

image.jpg10_zpsjkqmjcom.jpg

The car was rinsed and then iron x and tardis were applied (individually) after sanding the headlights

image.jpg24_zps1ztuj9as.jpg

image.jpg25_zpshfka5dh2.jpg

image.jpg14_zpstyni54s5.jpg

No tardis pics as it wasn't really that bad...and the sun was in full swing by then.

The car was then foamed again and washed to remove any remaining tardis so I could move on to claying

image.jpg19_zps0ejdrjqw.jpg

Again, the car wasn't that contaminated, I only picked up a little from the bonnet

image.jpg22_zpsjvh5brlh.jpg

The car was given a final rinse and dried almost instantly in the sun.

The wheels came up nicely

image.jpg18_zpsogz81tey.jpg

The swirling really stood out now

image.jpg16_zpsjrxsvenh.jpg

image.jpg17_zpsdu811tmr.jpg

And I found a few areas of bird poo etching

image.jpg23_zpszc4gbcmj.jpg

That one being the worst.

I masked the car up and cracked on with the headlights

image.jpg26_zps7uquusxv.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
image.jpg27_zpsq8docecq.jpg

image.jpg29_zpsjdi30wic.jpg

They weren't 100% but they were a hell of a lot better than before. They were worse than I realised.

image.jpg28_zpsdf2pavkj.jpg

image.jpg30_zpsljp1hyor.jpg

I went straight for the @Auto Finesse #2 combo.

image.jpg31_zps2iypyrma.jpg

It cut the lighter swirls out and left a brilliant finish

image.jpg36_zpsguolbrdh.jpg

image.jpg35_zpsntfyqqnh.jpg

The heavier swirls and RDSs remained though

image.jpg45_zpshntldrfe.jpg

The depth and clarity was much improved however

image.jpg46_zpspexsiore.jpg

I worked my way around the car, and got carried away taking photos of the flake Pop, but I'll not bore you with those.

The etching was worse than I thought, eating through the lacquer 😧

image.jpg48_zps8jxwhuiq.jpg

image.jpg50_zpsch7jxdyf.jpg

image.jpg51_zpsirw0q2et.jpg

image.jpg56_zps2f7kdez3.jpg

image.jpg60_zpsxn7vzx01.jpg

The end of day one left me with a cleansed and mostly polished car

image.jpg66_zpsghy8r8vc.jpg

image.jpg67_zpswper92u7.jpg

Day 2 started with a glisten wipe down, I find this worked great as a qd, before seeing to the fiddly bits and the areas which needed more attention

image.jpg72_zpsvnosiggw.jpg

image.jpg73_zpsr59hs0g2.jpg

The trouble areas.

I went straight for the G3 scratch remover on a cutting pad for this

image.jpg75_zpsdtghtuvj.jpg

Followed by the af #2 combo

image.jpg77_zpspex7fmzr.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
image.jpg74_zpsb6l8wkc7.jpg

image.jpg80_zpslbyzfpth.jpg

Af #2 sorted this out on its own

image.jpg81_zps78ri459r.jpg

image.jpg83_zps56u2bfyp.jpg

image.jpg82_zpstbhbuen1.jpg

image.jpg84_zpscmy1ucyv.jpg

image.jpg85_zpsr7shxmrx.jpg

image.jpg87_zpsbttrncxw.jpg

image.jpg88_zpseyfxbdng.jpg

image.jpg89_zps1axjg2px.jpg

Now onto dressings

The plastics and glass were given an IPA wipedown

image.jpg90_zpsdvf2imr7.jpg

image.jpg92_zpsz5ipdxvq.jpg

image.jpg93_zpskf8s6c8n.jpg

The plastics were dressed with auto finesse revive

image.jpg95_zpswcngisgh.jpg

image.jpg96_zpsklwabybv.jpg

image.jpg97_zpsrflrtrjx.jpg

image.jpg97_zpsrflrtrjx.jpg

image.jpg101_zpshbwshmbc.jpg

I got a bit carried away and did a bit of the engine while the bonnet was up

image.jpg101_zpshbwshmbc.jpg

image.jpg102_zps6yy8kg5v.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
image.jpg103_zpsqowmqksv.jpg

image.jpg104_zpsvgjwtvje.jpg

image.jpg105_zpsukozxh9p.jpg

The glass was done with auto finesse vision.

I'm not normally one for glass polished but I found this easy to use, didn't require much working and it buffed itself off by varying pressure with the foam applicator.

It removed all the little marks on the glass and left a decent, smooth finish without smearing on hazing.

image.jpg106_zpsatldp3c1.jpg

image.jpg107_zps1hkeql4s.jpg

image.jpg108_zpslsc9kyyw.jpg

image.jpg109_zpsw8crtv5x.jpg

image.jpg110_zpssqb5hsws.jpg

Before waxing, I went over the deeper marks with ultra glaze to try and mask them, It worked wonders

image.jpg120_zpszsqet2xc.jpg

I liked the paint that much I gave it a coat of illusion.

I found using glisten to prep the surface really aided in spreading and removing the wax.

image.jpg116_zpshnlxgvq5.jpg

image.jpg118_zpsbla5uv91.jpg

image.jpg119_zpshvfkbtyz.jpg

image.jpg121_zpsh0jhrmwo.jpg

A couple of befores and afters

image.jpg124_zpsd6r8zz6s.jpg

image.jpg126_zpsaj1lfozo.jpg

image.jpg122_zpscovftn3j.jpg

After G3 and af#2

image.jpg127_zpsenlc9vl8.jpg

And after ultra glaze

image.jpg130_zpsepecuidr.jpg

image.jpg129_zpsifmiohu1.jpg

image.jpg131_zpsaopo4v3r.jpg

BG Clio 182
Incredible write up and fantastic job. Looks the dogs b****cks mate! Something to be learned from your techniques and write ups for sure!

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Once again Scott, cracking job! Only downside is that the bloody bird poo going through the clear coat though :weary: Sods! Still, scrubs up well :smile: Considering this car is 12-ish years old and used as a pizza delivery car (a job well known for destroying cars) it's like a completely different car. It was a bit of a rotter previously.

Definitely recommend his services to anybody considering using him :up: Makes a decent brew as well :smile:

I am also ashamed to say, after collecting on Sunday and going to work twice since, it needs a wash... again! 500 miles a week does that unfortunately. :coldsweat: Although that being said, as you can see by the state of the before photos, I'm not too on top of keeping it clean :smile:

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Great job again. My vectra is desperate for some knuckles treatment, its lookin like crap. Then the kia needs work too. Just need to fit it In!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Once again Scott, cracking job! Only downside is that the bloody bird poo going through the clear coat though :weary: Sods! Still, scrubs up well :smile: Considering this car is 12-ish years old and used as a pizza delivery car (a job well known for destroying cars) it's like a completely different car. It was a bit of a rotter previously.

Definitely recommend his services to anybody considering using him :up: Makes a decent brew as well :smile:

I am also ashamed to say, after collecting on Sunday and going to work twice since, it needs a wash... again! 500 miles a week does that unfortunately. :coldsweat: Although that being said, as you can see by the state of the before photos, I'm not too on top of keeping it clean :smile:

Thanks :D and yup, it does scrub up well. It was really satisfying to do.

A quick weekly/bi weekly snow foam and rinse should be enough to keep on top of it for a while if you're pushed for time.

Great job again. My vectra is desperate for some knuckles treatment, its lookin like crap. Then the kia needs work too. Just need to fit it In!!

Cheers :) You may as well throw the clio in for good measure lol.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Thanks :smiley: and yup, it does scrub up well. It was really satisfying to do.

A quick weekly/bi weekly snow foam and rinse should be enough to keep on top of it for a while if you're pushed for time.

Ah right, and then how often is a full clean (snow foam, 2 bucket wash and rewax)? Presumably that's every 3 months or so?

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
A maintenance wash (foam and wash) should be ok a couple of times a month. You won't have to rewax for 3 to 4 months though.

Ah right, just didn't want to wash all the wax and glaze off within the first week, that's all. :smile:

It didn't help the first delivery I did after collecting ended up with me lost down a muddy track down the side of a canal.... :rage: bloody sat navs.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Great turnaround there chap. It's come up wonderful!

Cheers :) it was a really rewarding car.

Ah right, just didn't want to wash all the wax and glaze off within the first week, that's all. :smile:

It didn't help the first delivery I did after collecting ended up with me lost down a muddy track down the side of a canal.... :rage: bloody sat navs.

That's what I was telling you about the ph neutral stuff and the citrus power, as long as it's wax safe, you'll be fine.

And the less contact you have with the car, the better, so don't wax or polish when not necessary :)

Damn satnav indeed lol!

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Ah right, I see. I checked - it is definitely PH neutral snow foam but looking on CYC Sonus Gloss (which is what I've used so far) is "PH Balanced" so I presume that's the same as well.

I use mitts, 2 buckets with grit guards etc so hopefully it'll not swirl the paint when I do wash it again.

Cheers for the advice anyway :up::smile:

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
The colour code is TEF47 according to the sticker, which is indeed Cyclone Blue. :smile:

Or as I like to call it, it's "Why can't I find the name of that f**king colour anywhere on google"....