ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEC Classic Car Show 2015

BG Clio 182
Right, I don't know where to post this but think it fits the bill here.

I went to the show this year, and it was great, but. The show is for classic and FUTURE classic cars. I thus expected to see a 182 trophy, maybe a 172 cup? Maybe a megane r26? Maybe even a GT5 Turbo, and 100% a Clio V6!

There was none of these there however. What was there was there was another Renault Club. Renault UK I believe. I spoke to the guy stood there and he knew nothing about Clios. Said he'd never seen a V6, said he couldn't think of anyone to bring one from that club. These are the guys RUNNING the Renault stand and Renault Heritage!

Now I aren't bad mouthing other forums or these guys whatsoever, but it got me thinking, could cliosport.net not make it next year? Take a 172 a 182 trophy? Maybe a Turbo'd one? Take a mk1 172 maybe? maybe a megane? And a mk2 and mk1 V6?

I just think it's a shame people didn't get to see these great cars really. There were MG's there on 03 plates and all kinds of other sport hatches but just felt something missing without cliosport there. I don't know how to go about any of it but propose we go next year?

@Brian

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I enjoy going there normally never really tend to look at the more modern cars though :) more than happy to help with organisation though

BG Clio 182
I enjoy going there normally never really tend to look at the more modern cars though :) more than happy to help with organisation though
That's it isn't it, I just wish we were there with V6's and the full line of clio's. Think it would look pretty awesome. The guy at renault uk had not got a clue seriously. Was looking forwards to seeing one and having a chat but nothing was doing!

BG Clio 182
I went this time last year and there was a Renault stand there with an inferno v6 iirc. I guess they weren't there this year
Ah? Nothing there this year though :( seems a shame because people were interested in the s**t they had got there so would really be good for the club as the audience is absolutely collosal