ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need Guidance..............

Reanult Clio mk2 red
Hello Folks,

Recently I've been out of work, so unfortunately I was unable to modify anything on my car. (as seen below)
I've read the thread named "Cool Mods for Skint People..." which I want to do most of them, but I'm getting little confused on a few things.

1.lowering = been looking around, and I have found two items that I think we do the job.
APEX Suspension Kit Lowers Car: 60 mm (Front) and 40 mm (Rear).. (this is from Euro Car Parts for £305) or Apex Lowering Springs Lowers Car: 40 mm (same company)
2.de-badging/removing items
This would be removing the 'Renault' and 'Clio' from the boot.
either removing the black strip from the side's of the car and spray them red to match the car or removing them completely and filling the holes and then respray that selection.
3. Front/rear bumper, not sure i can change them, because I when i look at others on here, they seem not to fit.
4. change the front window wipers.
5. remove the back one.. I've tried but I unscrewed every bolt I could find but still didn't come off. (so don't know)
6. Alloy Wheels, aint got the foggiest really.. (might go to whip street motors and see if they sell any of the cheap side.)
7. Tint windows.
8. headlight/rear light, aint got the foggiest.
9. SEATS, well dont want to go for bucket sits but i would like to change the cover, which i can do on the front two, but haven't got the foggiest on how to do the the back seat. It looks like they will have to come out.
10. change the interior, basically paint it all the same colour. can do the front doors but haven't been able to figure out how to get the back out.
11. paint the mirrors red to match. and change the arial, also paint the spoiler red.
12. Good Audio system - maybe sub as well.
13. Induction kit
14. Pedals - Not sure on how
15. Change the Renault Diamond on the boot to black..
16. look into the wiring situation because the back number light doesn't to work, and neither does the one in the boot.

Photo0087.gif

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That looks seriously high, I'm confused as to why since i presume its on std steelies?

Clio 1.2 mk2
Lower, colour code and some nice wheels :) Hope this helps...

IMG_1599.gif

Oh but don't paint the door handles half white ... I hate it haha wish I never did it.

Don't do anything too crazy, and not sure the induction kit will make much difference.

106 Quicky
Do you go off roading? if not get it lowered! :D And if my eyes are not deceiving me £305 for springs! get yourself on ebay.

1.2 16v clio
Ktec racing do some springs fairly cheaply from memorey i got my apex 60mm for under a ton =:)

Listerine & Poledo
OP has no job so decides to pour what money they have into pointlessly ruining a 1.2?

Got to get out of this country

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Got some front springs 60mm for sale if your interested, 20 + p&p and their yours, dont have the rears tho,