ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need to replace the Clio - advice?

F&B

16v>Cup>25Anni>Cup>320cdM
Hi all,

Sadly I need something bigger than the Clio (I have a 172 Cup) so I need to find something to replace it. I have to compromise somewhere, but my criteria are -

1) Something with similar-ish performance/fun factor
2) Something the same or cheaper to run
3) I'm willing to throw a few grand at the change to get something different

Thanks for any advice or ideas

ff 182
i had this a few months ago.test drove the ctr.. cupra ,and a few others..went for the ibiza fr150T in the end .with a £350 remap takes you to the 200bhp MK..feels as quick if not quicker then the clio but that might just be down to the kick of the turbo lol...defo worth a lookin tho....

F&B

16v>Cup>25Anni>Cup>320cdM
Problem is, I can't see me finding another petrol car that is as cheap to run? Any other hot hatches that will give 32mpg average? Gotta be a diesel surely? Civic Type R is going to be thirstier and anything with the VAG 1.8T is definitely not economical (been there - 23 mpg average) - nicely tunable though.

Problem is, I can't see me finding another petrol car that is as cheap to run? Any other hot hatches that will give 32mpg average? Gotta be a diesel surely? Civic Type R is going to be thirstier and anything with the VAG 1.8T is definitely not economical (been there - 23 mpg average) - nicely tunable though.

I wouldnt say a type r is any more thirsty than a cup. Off vtec they are very economical engines, they were when i had one anyway :)

Id say seat leon

Black 172 FF
Get something with the 150 - 170BHP diesel VAG engine in...

I have got a Leon FR 170 and i adverage 38mpg pottering around town and 45mpg on a fast run ie in the outside lane of the M1.. on the way to work which is a 50mph limit road i get about 52mpg !!!!

There surprisingly quick also.....especially once there moveing

ff 182
^ nor is the seat am still getting around 32..34 mpg around town and 38..42 on long runs..if you cane it then yes it will go .but short bursts it's not 2 bad.plus i got better mpg when i had it remaped..