ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need TV Advice !

Skoda Fabia vRS
we bought a 22" LCD for the bedroom (X-Box usage too)

it was faulty so its gone back, they cant do a replacement of the same model as they dont do it anymore (i wonder why lol)

their is an LG 22" TV/Monitor which is about the same price and im wondering about that, the only thing thats bothering me is the HD on it, it has HDMI inputs but it doesnt display at 1080p resolution, the listed resolution is 1680x1050

whats that going to look like, i can notice quite a difference on my Xbox when playing it through a HD cable on a HD TV, as opposed to on the other cable on a normal TV and i dont want to see a loss in quality to what i had before

other than that their is a Logik and Teac at similar prices, both have piss poor contrast ratio though (700:1) so will be rubbish

Scirocco GT 2.0
we bought a 22" LCD for the bedroom (X-Box usage too)

it was faulty so its gone back, they cant do a replacement of the same model as they dont do it anymore (i wonder why lol)

their is an LG 22" TV/Monitor which is about the same price and im wondering about that, the only thing thats bothering me is the HD on it, it has HDMI inputs but it doesnt display at 1080p resolution, the listed resolution is 1680x1050

whats that going to look like, i can notice quite a difference on my Xbox when playing it through a HD cable on a HD TV, as opposed to on the other cable on a normal TV and i dont want to see a loss in quality to what i had before

other than that their is a Logik and Teac at similar prices, both have piss poor contrast ratio though (700:1) so will be rubbish

LG TVs are pretty good, we have the 19" version in all the bedrooms and they serve the purpose well!

1680x1050 isn't quite 1080 obviously, but I doubt you will notice any difference.

i used mine on that tv/monitor for quite some time and it was great its now just used on the pc though and the wii

330Ci (Fail)Sport
720p is 1280x720. On a TV that small, you probably wouldn't notice any increased detail when using 1080p unless you're sitting inches away from it.

TBH quality wise, only problems you may have are when the TV scales the picture to adjust it to fill the screen. Most HD ready TVs are quite good as they are 1366x768 pixels which is neither here nor there for mainstream HD, but am not sure on monitors. Best is to see for yourself with 720p and 1080p. Either order it and take it back if not impressed or try to find one instore.

Oil Burner
I doubt your previous 22" tv was 1080P, it might have been 720p/1080i

At that size screen dont worry about 1080p, unless you sit with your nose on the screen you wont see a difference with the xbox

seriously it looked good enough and tbh your last one wont have been great chances are it wasnt even really a 720p set

Skoda Fabia vRS
sorry i meant 1080i not p hehe ... So are we sayin it will be better than 720p cos it doesnt even carry a hd ready logo