ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 15s now rear looks high ( to me )

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Have just put some 2118s on with offset et43.
Have cooksport springs on and 5mm spacers on the rear but it looks high to me at the rear.
What spacers are you guts running with these to make it fill the arches mlre as at the moment im not happy with how it sits. At all.

20171023_190108.jpg
20171025_122211.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It does look slightly higher than mine, but not very much in it! What tyre profile are you running 195/50?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That. Depending on the spacers, double up on one of the rears, so 10mm and see how that looks.

Not sure how spacers are going to reduce that arch gap, surely it is what it is...you'll be needing 40mm springs to solve it IMO.

I can understand why you are not happy with how that sits.

I think you're probably going to need coilovers to get it how you want. But you could try some bigger spacers to make it look wider. That may help.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure how spacers are going to reduce that arch gap, surely it is what it is...you'll be needing 40mm springs to solve it IMO.

It is on cooksports so it isnt going to get any lower with springs. Sure they are the lowest you can get?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Well it does look a tad high for saying it's on cooksports.
Spacers will numb the steering feel if you go too big, but it all depends on how you drive it I guess

I dont have rear seats in either, not sure what difference that makes.
The pics always look higher than when you look at it by eye, sounds strange but it does.
I have settled on the idea of 18mm on tje front and 10mm on the rear.
If still not happy then will decide what to do after that.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I dont have rear seats in either, not sure what difference that makes.
The pics always look higher than when you look at it by eye, sounds strange but it does.
I have settled on the idea of 18mm on tje front and 10mm on the rear.
If still not happy then will decide what to do after that.

I've got some 10mm Pure Motorsport rear hub axle spacers that I'm selling if interested?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Rear seats can't way that much surely?

I think i'm 16mm front and 10mm rear but not 15s :(

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted the 18mm pms spacers on the front, just waiting for delivery of the 10mm pms stub axle spacers to be delivered tomorrow.
It stands a lot better at the front now.
Am a bit happier with it, just hope the 10mm rears match how happy i am with the front.
20171029_134128.jpg