ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Engine mount available

ClioSport 182

Hi,

Had my first service on my 182 and mentioned to them about the famous knocking noise when lifting of the accelerator in 1st and 2nd. As per one of the most read threads on this forum, I had a visible gap between the engine mount and its surround.

To my surprise they listened keenly, and lo and behold when I pick it up, it has a brand spanking new engine mount on there which actually fits snuggly in the mount surround with NO gaps. I dont think that it was not a like-for-like replacement since the black rubber bits on the side are bigger than the original to fill the gap (unless the originals had worn away ...).

On my way home I put it to the test and so far the problem has been fixed. Will keep it under observation for the next few days though ...

Overall, I was impressed (so far) with the dealer service. I went to one of the smaller official Renualt outfits to get more personal attention. Before, I was sh*ting myself that I would get my 182 back scratched to pieces and with more problems that it went in with ....

KnightAzul

Mines in at the mo to fix the oil leak, Ive asked them to look at the knocking(for the second time) but i just know they gona say they cant hear it/find it/ know what im talking about!

I just had a 2nd service on my Cup @ an independant local garage I always use - I told the guy to take out the car & see about the knocking under hard acceleration (I have put up with for 2 years - as Reno dealers insist nothing is wrong & wont do any warranty work on it!!) I am told it is the CV joints as he has replaced them for 2 other 172 owners in the last year... NOT the engine mounts?? Anybody else heard this one?

Yaris Hybrid

LOL my bit of old inner tube is still in there and doing the business! They didnt even notice it when it went in for the emissions light!

Dirty E91

Had my 12K service on my 182 on monday, told them about the knocking and apparently theyve replaced the engine mount, 2 days in and no sign of the knocking.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by martynh on 27 April 2005

Had my 12K service on my 182 on monday, told them about the knocking and apparently theyve replaced the engine mount, 2 days in and no sign of the knocking.
which knockingare you talking about though, the one under VERY hard acceleration or the one when in traffic and rolling forward?

Black 182 + Recaros

Think hes talking about the "traffic and rolling forward" knock.

Booked mine in to get the same fix. I simply told them that the engine mounts are knackered and they need replacing.

The girl on reception seemed to know what I was talking about, so theres hope yet.

ClioSport 182

Yep, Im talking about the "traffic and rolling forward" knock. And I can report that it is completely fixed on my 182 with the new engine mount they put in there. Basically the black rubber bits on the side seem to be bigger than the original and actually touch the mount surround (i.e fill the gap where you might have had a piece of inner tube jammed in there as per fix described in a thread some time ago).

Interestingly enough this has ALSO "nearly" fixed the other "clack clack clack noise" when reversing with full lock on. It has almost gone completely.

I dont have a part number though. Ill go back next week and ask them and post it here ...

KnightAzul

Dirty E91

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 27 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by martynh on 27 April 2005

which knockingare you talking about though, the one under VERY hard acceleration or the one when in traffic and rolling forward?
The one in traffic, however I think I heard it again this morning so maybe its not as fixed as I thought!

ClioSport 182

martynh can you see a gap now between the mount surround and the mount? This seemed to be the root cause of the problem.

KnightAzul

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Post a pic of the new mount and someone else post a pic of an old style mount.

ClioSport 182

Ill try and get a part number next week, any idea what the part number of the original is?

Essentially it looks the same as the original one but with the black bits at the side a little bigger to fill the "gaps".

KnightAzul

Black 182 + Recaros

It would be interesting to see if they used a different part number.

As you say, the replacement mounts look identical to the original but with more rubber.

I have to say, my mounts look badly worn, and unless theyve changed the design I would imagine the new mounts would go the same way.

Lets hope theyve sorted it once and for all.

ClioSport 182

Ok, here is the part number: 6000 073 669

Apparently it is not the same as the original engine mount part number. The cost is 45 euros (I live in Madrid) new if your warranty has expired.

KnightAzul

Dirty E91

Quote: Originally posted by martynh on 28 April 2005

Ill take a look and see if I can spot the gap, might try the DIY fix and use some rubber pipe.
Took a look this weekend and cant see any gaps, I must have imagined the knocking!

went out for a road test with the renault tech guy who was concerned that they couldnt hear it(see post ^^lol!), made it do a little knock rolling round the car park, but couldnt get it to do a loud one out on the road:mad:. i mentioned some people had mounts replaced but He said i would have to let it develop due to it being so subtle, and the fact that it would be done under warrenty anyway...

Tech guy was ok though, and did seem to give a sh*t which i didnt expect.

Quote: Originally posted by KnightAzul on 29 April 2005

Ill try and get a part number next week, any idea what the part number of the original is?

Essentially it looks the same as the original one but with the black bits at the side a little bigger to fill the "gaps".

KnightAzul
Im a little confused.... when you talk about the engine mount you say the black bits were replaced??? i.e the rubber? the engine mount is only the black surround is it not? the rubber blocks bungs call them what you will are not a componant part of the mount? so I doubt they will be changed... I only say this because I took mycar in this week for a 12 k service and told them about the knocking...... they have ordered me a new mount but after checking the computer say its not on the system as a tech note?? my gaps are as small as the ones in the pic and I stilll get the knock!

ClioSport 182

Errr, no. The part that was replaced was the whole thing that the black rubber bits are attached to (including the rubber bits). Does that make sense?

Now Im not sure what to call it!

KnightAzul