ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Trophy - Handling questions

Clio Trophy + GT3
So I got my Trophy yesterday. On the way home I had a chance to push it a bit on a twisty bit of a road. The car felt a bit "floaty" over high speed bumps and there was a bit of crashing when I hit small potholes / bits of bad road surface.
The Sachs dampers were service just over 20,000 miles ago, so they might need re-doing.
Any thoughts?

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Could be 1 of a number of things to be honest from experience, although shocks are the usual culprit.

Tyres are a key thing to look at including type, age and pressures, and also springs can be a common problem if they are damaged. Would also have checked the top mounts, wishbones and steering rods for excessive wear.

So where are you based?

Clio Trophy + GT3
I'd love another trophy, enjoy.

Thanks. I intend to.

Could be 1 of a number of things to be honest from experience, although shocks are the usual culprit.

Tyres are a key thing to look at including type, age and pressures, and also springs can be a common problem if they are damaged. Would also have checked the top mounts, wishbones and steering rods for excessive wear.

So where are you based?

Cheers. Location info just added to profile. I'm in Surrey

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Looking at the history on your number (008) it appears to have been in 2013 by Cornering Force. Only ever used BG Motorsport myself in the past, but there is a guy on Cliotrophy.co.uk who can refresh them and certainly knows his stuff!

Clio Trophy + GT3
Looking at the history on your number (008) it appears to have been in 2013 by Cornering Force. Only ever used BG Motorsport myself in the past, but there is a guy on Cliotrophy.co.uk who can refresh them and certainly knows his stuff!

Yes, that's right. I remember Cornering Force from looking through the invoices.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
You can register yourself against the number of the car and become the new owner on Cliotrophy.co.uk. It's nearly 8 years since I joined up so not sure on the process, but a good way to track previous owners and what has (and has not!) been done to your car.