ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 911 Launch - Cardiff - 10th December

So a friend of mine owns a Porsche and she is epic enough that she invited me along to the launch of the new 911 at the Cardiff Porsche dealership and I certainly wasn't going to turn it down!
I arrived first as she was running late and as soon as I turned up they knew I didn't belong and I felt out of place there to be honest, anybody on here who knows me knows this is not the sort of place you'd normally find me!
Plus there were way too many blokes who made car sound effects when telling me about their driving stories. - I'm good like.

I had no intention of purchasing anything so I just wandered around, ate the food and sat in a few cars I couldn't really afford.
I told a salesman that I drove an M3 but when he went off on the "family cars with big engines" speech I went into full bellend mode and told him my family made their fortunes making monocle-lenses in Omsk and fed him as much crap as I could think of till he buggered off.

After that the dealership manager and an area manager talked about something, there were some lights and a few pretty videos and then the covers were drawn off the new 911s.

It wasn't a press event so I had to be subtle with my phone so some of the photos might be a shade w**k, but you get the gist.
They had the Carrera, the Carrera S, the Targa and a few other toys to sit in and touch.
As you've guessed I have no real expertise on these cars so if you want to know a few more things about the new range you can check it out here.
Have a gander.

2015-12-10%2020.00.57_zps82atlpim.jpg

2015-12-10%2019.47.56_zpsxxhzte2c.jpg

2015-12-10%2020.10.28_zpsry1xc2dj.jpg

2015-12-10%2020.09.31_zpsqihyk5b9.jpg

2015-12-10%2020.08.09_zpstvfkwxok.jpg

2015-12-10%2019.57.37_zpsuixiny0x.jpg

2015-12-10%2019.56.30_zpshkbtva7o.jpg

2015-12-10%2019.46.46_zpsfxw361vh.jpg

RB 182 FF
Such a shame to see half of those posh nobs who will buy those cars will never use them for any other purpose than posing. You can spot them a mile away just by what they are wearing, I can't stand wealthy, snooty wannabe important people! :tonguewink: not jealous at all by the way..... :smile:

The camera does that blue one no justice. Up close it was a very beautiful car and the in

What was the name of the salesman you spoke to??
No idea in all honesty. Short guy, not much hair.
Nice enough bloke but when a salesman starts ripping on the competition I get bored.

Did you have the Pork cube?
Were you there too??

Such a shame to see half of those posh nobs who will buy those cars will never use them for any other purpose than posing. You can spot them a mile away just by what they are wearing, I can't stand wealthy, snooty wannabe important people! :tonguewink: not jealous at all by the way..... :smile:
They weren't all knobs!
To be fair I wandered around and chatted to a lot of interesting people from all walks and there were a few IT bods there so I could at least talk about that. Granted this was a sales event so there was a very specific clientele there but I had fun. :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nice enough bloke but when a salesman starts ripping on the competition I get bored.
The chap that was trying to sell me an an S3 saloon recently tried telling me my beloved e46 was a outdated dinosaur.
I wonder if he actually saw my eyes glaze over.

The event you attended looks like it was full of typical Porsche owners, you can always tell them a mile off at trackdays.
They then get in the way in the bends, then pull away from you on the straights. C0cks.