ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new brakes, pedal feel

ph2 172
had a day of *****ing about with my car, fitted ds2500 pads, high carbon discs, braided lines and the ktec rear disc and pads, and bled the system with ate blue (till it was air free and nice and blue) just took it out for a spin and it feels rank, what im asking is how did peoples pedal feel after fitting the ferodo setup?

I know little about the mechanical side of things, But have they bedded in yet?

My new discs and pads felt rubbish for the first 300 miles, They feel a lot better now though (still not great, The fluid needs bleeding)

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Did you bed the pads in as per the instructions? This takes a bit of time and is fairly specific but they should feel sorted once done correctly.

ph2 172
only been for a short drive circa 5 miles, i know they need bedding in but just wondered how other peoples were straight away, the pedal seems to travel down alot further now and wanted to know if this is usual till they are bedded in more

03 clio 172
I fitted new front pads and discs yesterday and I have more play in the pedal, im not that worried as my motoikes are the same till a get a few miles onto them and they seem fine after that

FF RB 182
Gaz says after fitting new pads, discs, and new fluid, it will feel strange until everything settles down and has bedded in.

Have you checked there are no brake fluid leaks around the banjo and hose unions?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
300 miles & report back.

Surely you didn't expect screen headbutters from the off :rasp:

ph2 172
no not from the off but they just seemed so bad at first, excessive travel and hardly stopping me at all, seem to be getting better now.

With DS2500 and braided lines my pedal was noticeably much harder right from the off IIRC.

Did you bleed the old fluid out completely before put the new in because apparently if you do that you'll have real trouble getting all the air out of the abs mechanism. You're supposed to just put the new fluid on top of the old removing as much as you can without letting air in using a syringe or something first.

These pads need to be bedded in as well as per the instructions in the box. Something like 20 stops from 60-20 mph? But I'm sure my pedal was firmer even before this.