ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clio 182 owner here any friendly advice

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
Hi people just bought a clio 182 an 04 plate 48k miles.any advice on them such as what oil to use for a service and whens the best time to change the cambelt and any good mods for them?
anything else i should be aware off as a 182 owner?
thanks
:D

AK

M240i
Cambelt change is every 5 years or something like 70k (i think) miles...

would get it changed soon tho if the car is an 04 plate..

None
Hello mate, welcome to CS
i've only had my ff182 for a week now so the only advice i can give at this point is be prepared to smile lots when you hit 5000rpm.........:D

tiTTy & SV650
welcome, 5w40 oil for the RS Clios timing belt and aux belt should be replaced together the aux belt is every 36k (or 3 years) and the timing belt is 72k (or 5 years) if the aux belt fails it takes the timing belt with it more often than not.

Defo replace the timing belt now the cars 5 years old

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Welcome, enjoy the car!

welcome, 5w40 oil for the RS Clios timing belt and aux belt should be replaced together the aux belt is every 36k (or 3 years) and the timing belt is 72k (or 5 years) if the aux belt fails it takes the timing belt with it more often than not.

Defo replace the timing belt now the cars 5 years old

Aux belt is 5 years or 36k

Renault Clio 182 Cup
My 182 had the healdight washer issue for a week and then decided to heal itself and is perfectly working and not leaking..... Clever car!!!!