ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio on the way

LY 200 EDC LUX
As per title. Will be staying in the world of clios fora little while yet!

I currently own a mk3 200. I've had it for about 9 months now. Its been a great car and i havent had one single problem but I just fancied a change, mainly because the mk3 is just a little too 'raw' for me. I am a hot hatch guy through and through, even at the grand old age of 31 (almost 32 :-(. So, popped down to my local renault garage to take a look at a mk4 200T. Instantly fell in love with it. Its liquid yellow, has the cup pack and the gloss black 18's.

Now, for all the people who are 'sceptical' about the gearbox. I'd say try it before making assumptions. I went in thinking it was going to pants, I was wrong. Its clear that renault are trying to appeal to a wider, perhaps older market (prob why I liked it so much :). I loved the fact that it was a hot hatch 'when I wanted it to be'. I know this wont appeal to everyone, but it did to me.

The launch control was a cool feature. It put a big smile on my face, which is surely what its all about? The multimedia system was great, as was the sound system. The car sound effects was a 'neat' little gimmick, which is exactly what it is, a gimmick, a bit of 'fun'.

I also thought the 200T looked better than my 200. I wouldn't have any other color than liquid yellow. For me personally, its sets the sport out from a standard model to the untrained eye. The sound was nice aswell, some nice whooshes coming from the turbo.

I was going to drive a fiesta ST, however, and this is no word of a lie......on the way to the ford dealership (a journey of approx 3 miles), I saw 2 ST's. I drove past the ford dealership to renault.

LY 200 EDC LUX
There's a good reason why you saw those fiestas :wink:

Glad you liked the clio :smile:

Haha I know they're very good cars, but they are just so common. I also think they're relatively bland to look at. I don't know if that's because of the design, or because I've seen so many of them.

Renault Clio MK4
Peedee, I set up a facebook page for the mk4 clio's. just do a search for Clio Mk4 UK. It isn't a club or anything just a group of us from all over the world with mk4 clio's

Mini GP2
Nice looking car mate, no disrespect to the Fiesta ST, great car but looks so boring.

I would have opted for the 200T like you have. Best colour too :)