ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new computer?

ur megane r26
hey all i am looking into buying a brand new desktop computer and i have about 800 pound to spend on one, i do not have any idea what is the best way to go about this to get the most for my money, could any help me out please? any ideas or anything i will appreciate cheers people

T

thecremeegg

i assume you wouldnt be able to put one together yourself? Do you have a mate thats technically minded?

2001 A(wful)uthentique
Built a computer before? Liek Rollo said, you going to be doing much gaming? What are you going to be using it for?

ur megane r26
yer i have got mates who are technically minded and although this may sound weird i probably could put one together meself but i dont know if i can be bothered, i dont really play many games but do play the odd ones so would like it to be above average in that department, i like to listen to music and i will also be running lots of programs at one go if that makes any sense

ur megane r26
yer well like i said i do play the odd game but i dont do video editing at all just general use like the internet, photoshopping (well try to lol) and word and stuff dont have to worry bout getting the word programs though because already got them

Apple.

Not sure what the iMac graphics cards are like for games though? For the odd one can't be too bad? ;)

ur megane r26
yer i was thinking whether or not to go apple, i got a laptop atm running xp so i thought why not have one of each? lol what makes them better than windows?

yer i was thinking whether or not to go apple, i got a laptop atm running xp so i thought why not have one of each? lol what makes them better than windows?

Well, the iMac is just the hardware - you can run OSX, Windows, both, or OSX with Windows in a virtual machine.. :)

The £799 for a 20" iMac ;)

Of course, you could get a nice PC from Dell, Build one yourself, etc.

Apple isn't for everyone.. so just have a look around www.apple.com/uk/ first and see what you think. There's lots of none-Apple options for £800. :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nothing wrong with that £800ish one i linked to.

Best bet is to find a computer mag thats doing a test on £799 pc's there will be one about somewhere.

ur megane r26
yer they do sound pretty good tbh but i mean alot of these numbers and letters mean nothing to me lol