ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new fiat 500 abarth

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, that's a lot of work. Went too far with the bodywork imo.

Interior is tasty though.

What's next Lynden?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Hmmm, that's a lot of work. Went too far with the bodywork imo.

Interior is tasty though.

What's next Lynden?

Well I'm not touching anything power wise now, it has enough and I feel it doesn't need any more. Next I think is suspension, most probably in the form of a set of coilovers but won't be for a while as I have just got back into a stable job but I'm hopefully getting a fixed bucket seat for the driver side for Christmas from my dad, either that or we are going half on it anyway so looking at a RECARO pole position, oh and carbon goodies.......dash, rear diffuser and front whisker. Going to keep the passenger side as a standard seat so i can still get people (well midgets) in the back.

After seeing that interior though I'm very tempted to get my dash redone in alcantara and forget the carbon bits.

interior looks awesome! not keen on bodywork, especially the back end!

I do like the exhausts though :p

That is a bit much IMO. engine producing 300 horses is great, but keep it subtle.

Yeh i think it's more of a 'wow look at what we can do' style car.

Thats pretty cool

Is this the 500 with the engine in the back?

No that's the white one, that car is insane!

He will most likely 'Limp Bizkit' it.
Cool/

MINI-R32-integrale
yeh the wheels are stupidly heavy and i have just taken my rear bump stops out for now, the car feels 10x better with them out on an uneven road surface, have you got any pictures of yours?

Hi,

Only just saw this as the thread had been resurrected. I should have some pics of it, but I'm sure you would have see some on Abarth Forum under JonL as it is his car (my father in law) though we worked together with Andy Dawson on the Trofeo race series last year before Paulo ran out of money and pulled the plug leaving folk who had forked out over £30K on a race car one years racing.

It's Campagvole grey, white mirror caps, Abarth decals, white 17" Team Dynamics, Abarth Sabelt seats, BTB exhaust system AVO adjustable suspension, re-map to SS power levels, Eibach camber bolts with 1degree negative and 10mins total toe out at the front

Mardis Gras have a 6speed gearbox & race engine on ebay at the moment for sal spares from the Trofeo race cars, as they ran one of the race cars last year but TBH apart from the Garrett turbo from the Punto SS it is all standard.
Though we saw between 215-220bhp from every single r/r run race car, and they would run a full season without needing a rebuild unless someone went from 6th to 3rd or 5th to 2nd down the box as they ran normal H pattern gearboxes and a couple did this returning 10,000rpm in pre-season which is no good on the cam buckets. Believe it or not just some new followers etc and rebuilt they ran rest of season without a single failure. It is a great engine but really sticking to the 220bhp of the racecars provides reliable power. I know LagerLout has more, but the guy has spent a series amount of cash on that car without much mechanical knowledge and just paid whatever, but then he is used to running branmd new 911's etc and see's his 500 as a track day toy now.

Evo 5 RS
Not sure, the interior is lush but the body kit is one step too far maybe?

Just went back a few pages, didn't realise you'd bought another, looks well.

Last edited:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Not sure, the interior is lush but the body kit is one step too far maybe?

Just went back a few pages, didn't realise you'd bought another, looks well.

Cheers, it's coming along slowly but surely.

Totally agree with that about the body kit but the interior is immense.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
yes please, will facebook you later on. Couldn't come as not seen the gf in about 4 weeks and she was home for the weekend so couldn't go.

There's another RR meet at RS Tuning in November. Not sure if you've seen it but I'm gonna try and make it.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Spotted this today. You need these wheels, splitter and stance!

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

MINI-R32-integrale
That's a Trofeo race car & the front splitter provided massive downforce at the front. I have heard there is one that's been made road legal here in the UK. Must be a very fast road car as it weighs about 950kgs with fluids and putting out 215-220bhp & 240-250lb ft. The road cars all tip scales over 1100kgs not the 1030kgs listed, but then no road car does weigh what's quoted.

You need to open the boot releases before towing as it would bend the tailgate as it attaches to where the original boot lock mechanism would be, hence the sticker to notify the marshals if car beached in gravel etc as there is nowhere underneath to attach a tow strap to.

The OZ wheels actually have the Abarth scorpion cast on the rim and painted, it's not just a decal & supplied with big stickers inside marked not for road use & are very light weight, though you can now buy those style of wheels from OZ which are made for road use.

Last edited:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
exhaust has now settled in properly and after hearing munson's RS on the video and one in birmingham with a decat i decided to go for one, got it fitted and it is immense, the pops are like gunshots and are ridiculously loud, so loud my dad could hear them about 250 feet behind me on the motorway, such an odd noise from such a small car but I love it, does it now and again in the multi storey car park at the gym and it really is awesome. Will try and get some videos in the next few days.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Well that makes no sense at all, how can a 1.4 petrol car sound anything like a diesel tractor? Now I assume you mean an agricultural vehicle as a posed to a construction tractor which would mean it would have a 4-6 cylinder diesel engine. To even hint at an engine of this calibre and size to even sound remotely like a 1.4 petrol fiat engine would be ridiculous and totally idiotic.