ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Gear box time...

Clio Mk2 Extreme
Hello...

So my Clio 1.2 has acquired a rather large knock...
I took it to my local garage (who only do tires, suspension and MOTs) They took it out and had it on the ramp and could find nothing!
Basically there is a knocking noise, its quiet when accelerating but as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator it sounds and feels like somebodys underneath with a nematic drill!! I have also noticed when on a slip road if i boot it, it feels like its mis-firing but its not actually misfiring it just jerks a little... Reverse is a pain in the arse to get into sometimes and when you do it crunches! It doesn't making any whining sounds and all the gears from 1st to 5th are smooth to get into!

No idea if it makes a difference but in neutral or at the traffic lights clutch in its silent and also when the clutch is in the noise quietens down but still noticeable. Weirdly it gets louder if i brake ??

One of the guys told me, that if its not either the box or the diff then he will fix it for free... Must be sure ?

Car is on 100K
Clio 1.2 05 plate
Sorry about the long post, just sick of throwing money at this car!!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
knackered engine/gearbox mout and the exhaust is hitting the underside of the car or the heat shields would be what i would be checking first