ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new here and new renault owner too

cliosport 172
so far lovin my new clio 172 with 182 manifold sports cats stainless system n air filter, just having new clutch put in as we speak as the other was a bit ropey, i read around n heard the cable can stretch but i would've thought that;d mean a pretty knackered clutch too?! the car has 65k on the clock n i dont have reciepts to show its ever had a clutch so it needed doin big time

the suspension and handling is mint i think it corners as well as my old scooby wrx but this little beauty hits average 32.8 over past 1k mile so its alot easier on the wallet so i think i need to make a few improvements:

solid top mounts
powerflex bushes n engine mounts all round
f + r strut braces
brembo carbon lorraine discs pads n fluid all round
fresh tires - i hear the standard michelin type are best on standard size (16") wheels and im not sure whether ill drop the car as i use it daily n not always on the nicest roads i like the ride as it is im just tryin to improve it n make it a bit more solid

i was thinkin a lighter flywheel might be a good option but the guy fitting the clutch for me seems to think it may lose torque?! is this true any one ever heard this i would thought surely torque would remain the same just the engine could run more freely losing less power thru transmission due to a lighter weight? anyway sorry to chat s**T i think im gona bore the hell out of a few people here with question after question in my quest to shape my car in to the beast ive dreamt of haha