ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New HU fitted now the locking buttong doesn't work

The Bus and MRT
This isn't for me btw.....

My mate at work has just fitted a new HU and the central locking button on the dash now isn't working. He thinks it's something to do with the cables that are left over after fitting the new HU, they're connected to the yellow block and he thought they were just for the disaply next to the speedo and the remote but obviously they effect the locking button as well.

Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it?

The clio's an 02 1.2 16v

Cheers

133, 182, Kangoo 182
05 1.2 16v and I don't have that connected but my button still works.

Check fuses?

The Bus and MRT
05 1.2 16v and I don't have that connected but my button still works.

Check fuses?

If he puts the old HU back in it works so it can't be fuses mate.... seems strange, I never had this issue in my 51 172 when I fitted a Kenwood HU.

BMW M135i
Shouldn't effect the central locking at all, the yellow mini iso is for the display/stalk controls. Which headunit is it? Is he sure has hasn't damaged any wires? as it gets very tight in there when you fit an aftermarket headunit.

The Bus and MRT
Sounds like he may have knocked something then, I had a quick look and the head unit's forced in a little... I remember having to do the same with mine but didn't get any problems. I'll tell him to check tonight and I'll let you know tomorrow.

Cheers for the help :)