ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

i got to cpw on my way home from work to pick up 16megagigger that i ordered yesterday and it wasnt delivered. it turns out that the warehouse held it back because the b*stards at halifax wouldnt let my payment go through until i verified it! its all sorted now and will be delivered on monday.

so if anyone else got it off the cpw website and an 08745....number rings you up, answer it because thats what it is lol

Clio 182
Ive just got mine home and im trying sync it and keep getting the message

"We could not complete your itunes store request. The network connection timed out.

Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is activ."

Is anyone else having this problem or is this related to high demand of people trying to do the same thing?

182-racing-blue

What's the craic with ringtones?

Can you use your own mp3s?

Yes, go to pirate bay or mininova and download iPhoneringtonemaker.

once installed you can drag and drop an mp3 from anywhere, music folder iTunes etc, etc, then you are able to cut what part of the mp3 you want to use as a ringtone, usually 30 seconds is long enough. then send to iPhone hey presto, shows up in ringtons under a custom banner.

Hope this helps.

Works with 2.0 but you have to end process once it is in your phone as the app hangs on "sending to iPhone". Just repeat this for every tone you make and send.

106 GTi
Ive just got mine home and im trying sync it and keep getting the message

"We could not complete your itunes store request. The network connection timed out.

Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is activ."

Is anyone else having this problem or is this related to high demand of people trying to do the same thing?

yeah trying to activate mine to not having any joy !

Astra CDTI SRI
What's the craic with ringtones?

Can you use your own mp3s?

Yes, go to pirate bay or mininova and download iPhoneringtonemaker.

once installed you can drag and drop an mp3 from anywhere, music folder iTunes etc, etc, then you are able to cut what part of the mp3 you want to use as a ringtone, usually 30 seconds is long enough. then send to iPhone hey presto, shows up in ringtons under a custom banner.

Hope this helps.

Works with 2.0 but you have to end process once it is in your phone as the app hangs on "sending to iPhone". Just repeat this for every tone you make and send.

Cheers matey!

Has everyone got o2 signal now? Mine still says no service. :(

o2.co.uk said:
Customers new to O2 can start using their device once they have synced with iTunes and the phone account has been activated. When syncing with iTunes you may see 'Activation cannot be completed without service.' The activation of the mobile service for new customers will be within 2 to 3 days given the volume of sales on Friday.

SchwepTek™
Activation went through fine and everything synced up ready to go. Its just not picking up signal because of the o2 systems crash this morning. :(

Guess i'll just have to keep working. Did you get one in the end Daz? Getting signal?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
My brother got his iPhone 3G.. only 3 left at that store after him.

I however, failed to get to the store in time. :(

Ah well, 1st gen will do for now.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Got mine deliverd earlier today.

Ive not activated yet.....say if i was not to activate the o2 sim ....would i still be signed up to the contract?

If not could i once available jailbreak and use with a o2 payg sim?

Thanks

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Oh.....with me hearing earlier on people where being sent home unactivated due to system errors

I thought i may have been in luck .lol

SchwepTek™
Anyone got "push" working on the new iphones yet?

I think it is all setup correctly but when sending test emails, my mac picks them up instantly but the iphone doesnt without me clicking get new emails.

Also if i alter any calendar entries or contacts they are not being pushed from the phone. Surely this should work over wifi?

Also if i alter any calendar entries or contacts they are not being pushed from the phone. Surely this should work over wifi?

They don't push between the phone and PC - they push via MobileMe or Exchange. You need a MobileMe Subscription or Exchange server tho.

182-racing-blue

2 phones stuck in recovery mode, cant restore, keeps coming up unknown error.

Anyone got any ideas for a fix????

Cheers

133, 182, Kangoo 182
P1030121.jpg

P1030124.jpg

Citroen DS3 DSport
MobileMe is not pushing Contacts or Cal entries to me iPhone. I think it's possibly fucked for now and will hopefully work soon.

Activations for new customers could take upto 72 hours due to them being entered manually.

Tesla MP3 2021
I managed to create a new calender entry via outlook but it took like 5 mins to push to my iphone and mobileme web

Citroen DS3 DSport
I solved the push problems. The restore file email accounts were not functioning properly, deleting them and entering the settings fresh worked and now all contacts etc are pushing as they should do.