ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Well, once again there are rumours of the iPhone 5. This time it is said to be being launched in October.

From what i can find it's going to be a whole new phone, bigger screen and bigger phone itself. I've always liked the size of my 4, i can put it in a case and keep it in my pocket without knowing it's there, I've never been a fan of these bigger smart phones that are out there, just a little too big to be practical IMO.

On the plus side IF it is released in October and is a sensible size then thats when i'm due for an upgrade!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Re: iPhone 5 this October??

As with anything with Apple i guess it's only them who know. ;)

182 FF, A6 Avant

Smart money goes on there being a release this year around that time.

It'll be either The New iPhone, or just iPhone imo. Preferably the latter.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

I'm pretty much certain it'll be better than my current 4S, if they were taking orders now, I'd probably order without even seeing it too!

I use my phone in some form, at least every half hour so it'll be money well spent

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

I didn't think Apple would go down the route of having a bigger screen etc as they got it perfect with being able to reach the whole screen with your thumb.

Fiesta ST-2

I'm pretty much certain it'll be better than my current 4S, if they were taking orders now, I'd probably order without even seeing it too!

I use my phone in some form, at least every half hour so it'll be money well spent

Apple have you right under the thumb :rasp:

Z4

I never got the 4s as it didn't seem to be a worthy upgrade over my 4.
Ive been waiting for the 5, but now I've got the new iPad I'm not sure I'll bother...depends what they will bring to the table, I can't think how they can improve upon things too much?

Clio 172 cup

I could wait forever for the next iphone

But i soooo want 4G ​to hurry the f#ck up

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

My mate thinks its due any time now. He works for Vodafone working on the masts etc.

It isn't.

You wont see LTE in the mass market until the middle of 2013 at a push.

It's down to Ofcom to stop being dicks with the sale of the spectrum so until then there's no point even thinking about 4G. EverythingEverywhere are trialling it in Bristol and Cornwall at the moment on one of the 3G bands which you have to be authorised to go on to the trial and have a phone that allows 4G on that band. O2 are trialling in London. The biggest issue with it will be data limits and how fast they will actually allow people to go.

Back on topic I will defo be upgrading to the new iPhone.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Im due an upgrade in August.

I too didnt bother with the 4s, kept my 4....

I'll be getting it no doubt.

Think i'm July. Didn't bother with the 4s either. We'll see what happens.

I'll be getting it. Due an upgrade in 6 days (O2 let you upgrade after 23 months) so I'll just sit it out and wait, not really fussed when it comes out.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

My contract is up between Christmas and New Year.

I don't think I could own another phone to be honest (That isn't an iPhone).

CBR1000RR Fireblade

My iPhone is still going strong. In well impressed with it, it's the first phone I've ever owned that's stayed in mint condition while I've had it.

Im due an upgrade soon and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

R26r R26

Unlike your car then ;)

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi

I didn't think Apple would go down the route of having a bigger screen etc as they got it perfect with being able to reach the whole screen with your thumb.

This is my thoughts exactly, but with every other smart phone seeming to be getting bigger and bigger will apple follow that route?? I for one really hope not!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Oh god...

We get people coming in to work saying they've read rumours about iPhone 6 and iPad 4...

*rolls eyes*

Golf GTD Mk7
This is my thoughts exactly, but with every other smart phone seeming to be getting bigger and bigger will apple follow that route?? I for one really hope not!

If you think about it, your thumb reaches to the black areas of the face (unless you have dumpy hands ;)), so if the "working screen" is slightly larger it won't be an issue IMO. The Samsung isn't that bad and it's massive

An orange one

Definitely getting it,

Had the 4 since launch and it's used heavily and it's never missed a beat, my mate bought my 3G when I got my 4 and it's still going strong and used daily 3 and a half years later (it's fecking slow now though)

Apple certainly make durable products

CBR1000RR Fireblade

MrsDuck will be displeased, she just got a 4S on a two year contract lol.

The beauty of apple products is that your Mrs has just got a 4s but when the new phone is released, she can sell her exsisting handset for £££, buy the new iPhone with the money she got from the sale of her 4s and a little more £££ and install her sim in it.

Winner.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

I would like the new one to have a bigger screen tbh. The iPad has sort of ruined the phone for me a bit lol.

If they made the handset just a bit larger and had the screen going to the very edge of the handset then I think they'd get away with it :)

Ill probably buy it tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.