ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Machine Polisher Required - DAS6 Pro, Flex DA or BigFeet DA

Not a 320d
Right going to buy a new polisher for the better weather as my EP801 s**t out last year pissing oil over my bonnet but I want to go back to DA as the results ive seen from Rupes Bigfeet is pretty good and I dont need the cutting speed from the rotary anymore.

I know that gally prefers the Flex and says to stay away from Rupes but everyone knows he is sponsored by Flex so its unreliable information and I cant ask Paul Dalton on facebook because he is paid by Rupes to use their gear.

But I am tempted by the Flex out of all 3 because its cheaper than the Rupes and have been around a while and should still be a quality power tool. Hopefully a worth while investment that should perform more than 3 full polishes?

Or would a DAS6 Pro be a better bet simply for the amount of money I would save. I only will polish my 320d once a year. Does the DAS6 have enough torque. IIRC the flex has no real safety feature when applying too much pressure (like the G220 when that used to stop spinning soon as it looked at the paintwork) which is what I really want from it, I also worry the DAS6 is a low quality piece of merchandise like the G220. I have broken 4 G220's since I was 18/19 year old they are total s**t. The EP801 saw about 5 full car polishes in its time.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I hated the feel and unbalance of the EP. Vibrations on the pro feel better than the basic DAS6. I'll sell you my das6 pro, I'll do it for you as cheap as the flex and rupes equivalent ;)

Have only used flex and rupes in rotary form but can't imagine the DA's to be poor quality

Not a 320d
Ive got another account but Id rather buy brand new. I doubt the Flex or Rupes would be anything but good quality but get the impression the flex is the better machine.

Not a 320d
Flex it is. People still rate those Hex pads and Menzerna Polishes or is something better available these days. Been using P1 and LC CP pads for years now.

Do they have any known problems? At least the G220 has a reputation for breaking. Is the flex a solid unit?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not is the unit solid, their aftercare is very good. Hex pads and Menz works best for me via DA. Although P1 has improved over the years.

The Rupes is expensive and Id only recommend spending that sort of money if you were going to get a use out of it.

I'd recommend the DAS-6 Pro for a few times a year use.

Can't comment on Flex, but will say the aftercare for Rupes is top notch as well. A Bigfoot pad disentegrated on its first use for me so the rep sent me two new ones out no questions asked.