ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Motor Time

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Right after not wanting to do much at work today I've put my paid hours to use.

Basically I have a Caterham Super 7 with a Cossie lump and all the goodies to go with etc,

After a massive row with the stupid people I raced with a few weeks ago I've had enough of it and want shot, I've been offered 16K for it by a chap who knows the car very well.

This leaves me with enough to buy any Clio V6 255 I want.

What is this thing like to track? understand I'll have to drive it different due to diff layout etc but can easily adapt to that and do taster sessions in it, understand limits etc.

Has anyone got any experience in tracking these things on a regular basis?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
V6 owners (except Fred/Ali) dont track their cars, they just polish them & read stories about oversteer and a lack of lock.

I'd imagine they'd be quite good fun, but it would get boring watching all the £500 1*2's overtaking you, on the outside of bends.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Lol it's all about how it's driven, I don't care about cleaning it I just want a jokes motor to rag about and imagine this being quite a laugh and still not depreciating after being given a clean and back to normal.

Would be good to find the owner of the 1 Midnight Blue somewhere.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I imagine it would involve spinning and catching fire - so an eventful day out

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Pictures of your 7 please

If you get a V6 please use it as it's intended. A rare sight on roads and a rarer site on a track

Lunar grey look great imo

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Will Upload later on, Don't want an front engined for track, next one has to be Mid Engined, so it's either an Exige which I hate as so uncomfortable, a V6 Clio or then i'm into stupid money on old tatty 348s and 355s or porkers

So the V6 seems the winner, and I really think the car was designed to be used, if people want it to live in their garage they bought the wrong car IMO should have been buying classic fords rather than Renoughts, Feedback from actual owners would be great on how the actually perform at the likes of Oultan and Snetterton.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I didn't mean it was to be bought and its life spent as a garage queen. I meant I think there is more capable out there if you're that way inclined. I love the V6 Clio, I just don't see it as a track car.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I'm loving Fred's V6 at the moment, I don't think it would make a good track car. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and really capable but the additional 300 kilo's (over standard 1*2's) just behind your head makes for some interesting handling dynamics. Especially if the ground is damp. :) Of course, I'm no Stig... but I think the Vee is more suited to A and B road blasts (even a bit of 'Bahn-storming) rather than on track. But I'd have one any day. I'd buy Fred's if I could. :)

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Been searching today and can't find any Mid ship runner than fits the bill other than this, MR2 Turbo too old, Lotus I generally Hate, Boxster S..... fags car? Anything else is just too damn expensive or will be stupid money on Tyres, brakes etc.
Really like the Honda NSX but reckon it'll be a right shitter for under 20K not as fast as a 255 either.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
V6 owners (except Fred/Ali) dont track their cars, they just polish them & read stories about oversteer and a lack of lock.

I'd imagine they'd be quite good fun, but it would get boring watching all the £500 1*2's overtaking you, on the outside of bends.

You forget SteveV6... His car spent as much time doing laps of Bedford as it did being driven on the road :

9dc2b36fb47ccae79d0eec104bc4777d_zpse251ac0b.jpg

It was fun, lots of fun!

Lionel Richie
^it had about 14miles on the clock when i took it round bedford LOL

they are good on track because, and this is the only reason, to drive it properly fast you are on the edge of a big crash! Bit like an old (70's era) porsche

Fiesta ST2 MP215
NSX is also a s**t load cheaper to insure somehow. .... hmmmm

Wonder how much belt job on that thing is

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Seriously stuck now, have discovered you can get a 02-04 Porsche Turbo for £20ishK, is this a Heroic motor or a bellend showoff job?
Much more rapid and might be more suited to me? have also seen a 95 911 Turbo going £17K a mint one.

That's 4wd though, you seem pretty keen on getting rear wheel drive and mid engined.

No dought a very fast car though!

My boss is actually selling his 996 turbo soon. But it's a convertible which probably isn't what you want.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
For fear of rolling would prefer a solid roof, 4WD doenst phase me but Engine has to be behind me for proper sideways powerslides, Porkers actually good for slinging their fat arses around bends, like to get the back end out.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Both are way too much money, Engine bits for a noble are hard to find being a Ford Explorer lump, was never readily available in the UK

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
With the money you're talking just get an e46 M3. Much faster than a v6 and let's be honest you don't need a mid engined car to get drifting..

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Consumables on using an e46 M3 or 911T on track are going to be a serious boot to the balls lol.

​I think you'd be surprised. There's a lot out there for the e46. Use 18s etc. a lot of track prepped out there too, plus you can pick one up for 8k

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I don't fancy anything made by BMW did think of a Z4M but again mental money for what it is, Narrowed it down to a Clio V6, Pork Turbo or an NSX but NSX unlikely, hideously expensive to buy and not many people actually know anything about them, if something Vtec related happens I'm unlikely to find anyone who knows how to deal with for under a few K.

Porker actually seems the most logical option, plus on weekends out and about I'll look full baller in one of these.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
​I think you'd be surprised. There's a lot out there for the e46. Use 18s etc. a lot of track prepped out there too, plus you can pick one up for 8k

Yes but they still carry a 45k car running costs - more infact now that their getting on, as you're aware. I'm also sure i read that some are now showing signs of HG failure. Vanos unit to watch for aswell etc.