ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Project.. Mini Content

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
added a small pile up from previous owner.. just over £4k in parts/repairs

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Also found the origional Registration Document...

ta2usu7a.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Jesus mark! That's an awesome history. I really hope you just make this a proper tidy little car, keep good photos and just give me something awesome to read.

I wasn't coming to the lakes this year but now I want to!!!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I did wonder that :eek: It has an exhaust on it i think but im not sure I need to properly examine the Receipts...

Quick day time pic... May start playing with it tomorrow :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357997831.302809.jpg

2005 Cliosport 182
My mate is building a mini. He's a welder by trade so he's replaced the majority of the panels. It's got carbon roof, flip front, door skins, boot and boot floor! 1330 A series with straight cut drop 'box and 10" wheels. I love minis! Be interesting to see what you do with this mate. F4R conversion? :rasp:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Haha il be sticking with the 998 engine.. Has more character than an F4R or a honda engine imo... Bit of tweeking o the standard motor and il br happy!

2005 Cliosport 182
I agree with keeping it pretty much original. I just love the engineering involved in big swaps.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Or whack a BMW K head on it.

[video=youtube_share;sqbJhBPS6-w]http://youtu.be/sqbJhBPS6-w[/video]

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
You should have :rasp: going to hav a play with it today... Strip all the brakes out for a start!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm jealous. Would love one of these. Look forward to seeing the progress. :)

e91 330d/type r mini
Looks very nice,
cant beat a classic mini even if they do have a Honda engine fitted. ;-)
i agree on the a series engine having more character than the Honda engine but I built mine for trackdays and I wanted reliable power which unfortunately you don't get with the a series :-(
I had a highly tuned 1430 when I was 18 and it spent more time in bits than running :-(
id say stick with the 998 with just an exhaust and filter if its just going to be a weekend cruiser and wait for the attention your going to heras everyone loves amino wether they are young or old :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I've wanted a classic Mini Cooper for ages, just to keep clean and warm in my garage.

This will be a little garage queen/weekend car/show car..

I'm jealous. Would love one of these. Look forward to seeing the progress. :)

Id say get one but im yet to touch it so should be giving this advice :rasp:

So jealous Mark! Awesome buy!

cheers mate!

Looks very nice,
cant beat a classic mini even if they do have a Honda engine fitted. ;-)
i agree on the a series engine having more character than the Honda engine but I built mine for trackdays and I wanted reliable power which unfortunately you don't get with the a series :-(
I had a highly tuned 1430 when I was 18 and it spent more time in bits than running :-(
id say stick with the 998 with just an exhaust and filter if its just going to be a weekend cruiser and wait for the attention your going to heras everyone loves amino wether they are young or old :)

Id love to fit a boosa engine but its just far to good to start modifying etc

iv got a spare cylinder head here so may pull it apart and modify it a little...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just playing around with it atm.. Currently stripping the brakes out and cleaning them up... Also fitting a new waterpump as the one on it is fubared.. Then il set the tappets put the rocker cover back on change the oil and touch wood... She will fire up!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
This is my Mini, lots of KAD stuff, MB racing 3 piece split rims, Curly Carbon bits and a AvonBar Racing 1380 with a Weber 45 DCOE, roller tip rockers, Richard Longman big valve head
Cut and raised rear arches....the list goes on and on.

ScottsminiSOLD21stMay2010039.gif

ScottsminiSOLD21stMay2010055.gif

ScottsminiSOLD21stMay2010015.gif

Yours looks like a good base mate.

Scott

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
This is my Mini, lots of KAD stuff, MB racing 3 piece split rims, Curly Carbon bits and a AvonBar Racing 1380 with a Weber 45 DCOE, roller tip rockers, Richard Longman big valve head
Cut and raised rear arches....the list goes on and on.

ScottsminiSOLD21stMay2010039.gif

ScottsminiSOLD21stMay2010055.gif

ScottsminiSOLD21stMay2010015.gif

Yours looks like a good base mate.

Scott

Give me your wheels!!!

Please.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Love the wheels. My pops has just sent his clubman 1275gt of to be dipped and shot blasted (and inevitably its gonna turn into a tea strainer), cant wait to get it back. Unbelievable how cheap the tuning parts are for old minis!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Love the wheels. My pops has just sent his clubman 1275gt of to be dipped and shot blasted (and inevitably its gonna turn into a tea strainer), cant wait to get it back. Unbelievable how cheap the tuning parts are for old minis!

He wont get much back from dipping a Mini :rasp:

As for tuning parts I know exactly what you mean.. the pics of a set of cams fitted and mapped to a clio you can buy cams/manifold/exhaust/new carbs etc basically build a full engine... Im tempted to buy a second engine to play with...

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Unbelievable how cheap the tuning parts are for old minis!

Trouble is you need an awful lot of them to get real performance!

Good luck with the project Tunst, always good to see an old mini given a new lease of life.

e91 330d/type r mini
Subscribed! and got me thinking too! B18 in one of those is what I'd do
i have already done that with mine its great fun and pretty nippy but im tempted with another and stick with the a series,the honda engine is just to bloody reliable and takes away the fun of having to be under the bonnet every ten minutes fixing something which is what mini ownership is about :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
But more work on it... New battery... Ignition is on a the time.. Front Indicators, side and rear indicators just stay solid... passenger headlight doesnt work... Flash the main beams the headlights go off and side lights flash..

On the plus side the horn works!

Couldnt do much else I need alot of nots as alot seem to be missing :(

I will eventually start taking pics :eek:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Take more pictures. Asshole.

Surely the wiring for these is relatively simple?

All i have is my iphone and 98% of the time im filthy :( its alot more simple than your average car but im no electrician!

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Take more pictures. Asshole.

Surely the wiring for these is relatively simple?

Its simple to an extent, My main problem with it is you have to work with glass fuses, and they are rated differently to blade fuses.

So I was doing a wiring diagram for my two spots and realised I'd made one with blade fuses so all the amps were wrong!

It doesn't help that I hate the Haynes Manual. I refuse to buy it. Its incredibly out dated.