ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Project.. Mini Content

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Only got a couple pics, its rather dark...

Iv been Looking for a Mini for quite some time... All the ones I looked at were either Dogs, way to expensive or needed most panels etc replaced..

After the last mini I looked I was about ready to give up my mate text me saying he would sell me his for the right money. So went to look at it and basically wanted it from then.. All that was left to do was make a deal... Well that was done and the car was collected and dropped off tonight!

It needs a bit of rust sorted and the engine built up again. the rest is unknown but its had alot of £££ spent on it over the past few years so im not expecting to find anything major tbh!

IMG_1289_zpsc46faebb.jpg

IMG_1290_zpsb846a996.jpg

IMG_1292_zps73ace6bc.jpg

IMG_1291_zpse97c7eae.jpg

Clio 172, Pug 106
awesome! looking forward to see how this project pans out!!

I have wanted a mini for years to mess with!! One of my mates is buying one so i just have to convince her to let me have a go!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
awesome! looking forward to see how this project pans out!!

I have wanted a mini for years to mess with!! One of my mates is buying one so i just have to convince her to let me have a go!

Iv wanted one for so long! Now iv finally got one I cant wait till its up and running :eek:

Clio 172, Pug 106
I bet!!!
During this years illuminations the northwest Mini club did a convoy though the lights... i was proper looking forward too it as it started from near my house but only bloody 3 turned up!
Gutted!!

What plans do you have for yours?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I bet!!!
During this years illuminations the northwest Mini club did a convoy though the lights... i was proper looking forward too it as it started from near my house but only bloody 3 turned up!
Gutted!!

What plans do you have for yours?

Basically make it factory fresh!

Jason (Prev Owner) fitted spax 28 Point adjustable shocks, Braided brake hoses, braided fuel lines, had the rear bench retrimmed in leather fitted half leathers front seats from another mini and loads of others! Il just keep on adding to the list :D

04BGFF182CLIORS
the rest is unknown but its had alot of £££ spent on it over the past few years so im not expecting to find anything major tbh!

Famous last words :p

Looks clean enough though dude, assuming youve researched the likely places for rot, A panels (inner and outer) were pretty much rusty from the factory, wings around the headlights, rear panel...list goes one. This does appear solid though! Parts are cheap and easy to replace and an A series engine can be stripped with 2 spanners.

Is this a 1275?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Famous last words :p

Looks clean enough though dude, assuming youve researched the likely places for rot, A panels (inner and outer) were pretty much rusty from the factory, wings around the headlights, rear panel...list goes one. This does appear solid though! Parts are cheap and easy to replace and an A series engine can be stripped with 2 spanners.

Is this a 1275?

Haha true! its been off the road since 2007 and dry stored, whole front end was replaced in 2006 aswell.. No its just a 998cc Was last rolling roaded at just over 55bhp

Thinking about a 1275 Swap but im not sure yet

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Always wanted a n old mini since I was 17. Stick a 1430 lump in there, or even better a vtec

53 Clio's & counting
I Rebuilt the 998, my last classic mini's engine was this spec:

1014cc
12G295 cooper head
Re worked with stronger valves, springs
1.5 roller tip rockers
286 cam
1.5 inch su carb
Fully balanced bottom end

It was a rocket, needed a smaller cam (286 was too big) but once 4500rpm came it pulled like a train to 9000

Made close to 90bhp - not bad for an engine that started out with 38 bhp lol

I prefere how the 998s drive to the 1275's - I had a h reg cooper too and I much prefered how the 998 drove.

I've had 5 classics now and miss them :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I Rebuilt the 998, my last classic mini's engine was this spec:

1014cc
12G295 cooper head
Re worked with stronger valves, springs
1.5 roller tip rockers
286 cam
1.5 inch su carb
Fully balanced bottom end

It was a rocket, needed a smaller cam (286 was too big) but once 4500rpm came it pulled like a train to 9000

Made close to 90bhp - not bad for an engine that started out with 38 bhp lol

I prefere how the 998s drive to the 1275's - I had a h reg cooper too and I much prefered how the 998 drove.

I've had 5 classics now and miss them :(

This is my first ever Mini so im rather exited :eek:

In time I may fiddle with the engine but everything else needs sorted first :)

53 Clio's & counting
To be fair a decent exhaust and manifold, filter and a new jet in the carb makes a world of difference - makes them much more fun and gives a good 15-20% power increase :)

10 inch wheels give the best feel, 13's are too big and 12's are a good comprimise as to fit 10's on you need 7.5 inch front discs - best found off a mk1 cooper (if you can find some) and12's will fit over the standard brakes fine.

Oh and get a steering colomn lowering bracket if it already doesn't have one!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
To be fair a decent exhaust and manifold, filter and a new jet in the carb makes a world of difference - makes them much more fun and gives a good 15-20% power increase :)

10 inch wheels give the best feel, 13's are too big and 12's are a good comprimise as to fit 10's on you need 7.5 inch front discs - best found off a mk1 cooper (if you can find some) and12's will fit over the standard brakes fine.

Oh and get a steering colomn lowering bracket if it already doesn't have one!

Currently has 12" Wheels suit it quite well.. Im not 100% sure on the full spec..

All i know atm

Braided Brake Lines
Braided Fuel Lines
Spax 28 Point adjustable shocks
Front End Fully Poly Bushes
Lowered Slightly

Thats all I know atm :eek:

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Looks lovely mate.

Another one to add to the list.

Get yourself on The Mini Forum, plenty of help on there.

Mines about to be sent off to be welded up and painted.

Shame its a 998, but to be honest alot of people prefer the small bore A-Series engines, its a case of Revs vs Torque. Lots of 1275 munching 998s around.

You can buy the conversion kit to 7.5" Cooper S discs from Mini Sport/Speed any of them for around £200. Mine will go down onto tens in the future.

Mine was meant to be rallied and am slowly discovering more and more tuning bits..... Found out the manifold was an original JanSpeed 3-1 (ThumbsUp)

Go on YouTube and search my Janspeed DIY Mini. Bets 40 mins of my life.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looks lovely mate.

Another one to add to the list.

Get yourself on The Mini Forum, plenty of help on there.

Mines about to be sent off to be welded up and painted.

Shame its a 998, but to be honest alot of people prefer the small bore A-Series engines, its a case of Revs vs Torque. Lots of 1275 munching 998s around.

You can buy the conversion kit to 7.5" Cooper S discs from Mini Sport/Speed any of them for around £200. Mine will go down onto tens in the future.

Mine was meant to be rallied and am slowly discovering more and more tuning bits..... Found out the manifold was an original JanSpeed 3-1 (ThumbsUp)

Go on YouTube and search my Janspeed DIY Mini. Bets 40 mins of my life.

Which Mini forum? haha

I just want the body sorted out before I start changing other things.. Once thats out of the way il start upgrading other parts and maybe play with the engine.. :D

Now your making me look at the classifieds again lol

You know it makes sense! This was a Bargin for the price I got it for tbh

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mark, first car you've owned that's made me die of jealousy. I really really want one. This one looks superb mate, mod the 998 as said, much character, and as you're a mechanic you'd be mad not to!

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Mark, first car you've owned that's made me die of jealousy. I really really want one. This one looks superb mate, mod the 998 as said, much character, and as you're a mechanic you'd be mad not to!

You should come to the Ace Cafe on a Mods and Minis night.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Awww shucks :eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love it mate. I'd love one, wide arches and 10's..they're awesome.

tidy ones go for strong money now too as you probably know.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Love it mate. I'd love one, wide arches and 10's..they're awesome.

tidy ones go for strong money now too as you probably know.

Yep I think I got this for a Bargin price considering it doesnt need alot really...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Can do! Iv got a Rover to fit 2 Tyres on and a Fiesta to put rear shocks on then il play with the mini for an hour or 2

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
vanu3yje.jpg

Some of the receipts for parts/work thats been done... I want to add up the prices but i can see it making my eyes water...