ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Registration Plate?

Liquid Yellow R27
screenshot20120108at201.png

Thinking of getting this for my Clio 182. It's £255 from the DVLA Website, which isn't to bad. Only problem is my car is an 05 plate and this plate might make it look older than it is. I only really want it as it sort of spells 'Chappers' which is my nickname as you may have guessed from my forum name ;)

What do you guys think? Worth it? Not worth it? Spend my money elsewhere?

Look forward to your responses :)

Liquid Yellow R27
get it bought if you like it :) simples

Haha, I'm just awful at decisions mate. I feel like I have to do market research to the world over which sandwich I buy for lunch at Tescos. So for a registration plate I'm hopeless! lol

Megane 225 F1
53 plate is 2003. 05 plate is 2005. Therefore you can put that plate on. You can't put a newer plate on an older car. Or is that not what you meant :eek:

It will just look like a normal 53 plate car to anyone but you and your mates imo... find a better plate if you want a personalised one or spend the money elsewhere like you say.

Liquid Yellow R27
53 plate is 2003. 05 plate is 2005. Therefore you can put that plate on. You can't put a newer plate on an older car. Or is that not what you meant :eek:

I just meant to other people they might think it's a 2003 car, that's all.

It will just look like a normal 53 plate car to anyone but you and your mates imo... find a better plate if you want a personalised one or spend the money elsewhere like you say.

Yeah possibly, that's what I was thinking. However, £255 isn't to bad still and can be put on any future cars. I've looked pretty hard for a better plate, but for under £300 that seems like the best one.

RS05 CUP was an option, but £815

RS05 JAY was also an option, but also £815

I have to do a similar type of thing, except mine is to run it past the wife first :eek:

Haha! At least I don't have that problem... ​yet..

BMW 330ci
Tbh mate I wouldn't worry about what people think. You will know what it means and your mates. Just because it looks like a normal reg I wouldn't worry about it.

I've got a private reg BS03 RAD, as my name is Bradley Smith has my initials and then looks like brad.
And I couldn't care what other people think because me and many other people know what it means.

I would get it because it sounds cheap mate :)

Liquid Yellow R27
I thought it was going to mean "cheap RS" at first glance lol

Why would you put that in my head? Damn you! lol :banghead:

Go for it, looks awesome!!

Thanks mate, it's growing on me.. or at least it was growing me until Colin said that lol

Tbh mate I wouldn't worry about what people think. You will know what it means and your mates. Just because it looks like a normal reg I wouldn't worry about it.

I've got a private reg BS03 RAD, as my name is Bradley Smith has my initials and then looks like brad.
And I couldn't care what other people think because me and many other people know what it means.

I would get it because it sounds cheap mate :)

Nice dude! Yeah you have a point. I might give it until pay day at the end of February and get my alloys done first or eibach springs on it. Thanks for the advice though mate. :)

Never above 25mpg
Get the plate because you want it, not because you're afraid of how it might look!

Mine makes mine look 2 years older than it is but I really couldn't care!

An orange one
lol, sorry mate...

as said above... £255 is peanuts for something that means something to you, and is yours for life!

Renault Clio RS182
If you're worried about the plate making the car look a few years older, have a look at the old style plates, you might find something there.

Clio 197
I'm with Brad on this. Who cares what other people think? If you're thinking of getting it, you must like it, it means something to you, your friends and family will know it's significance, get it.

As for the age, who's going to look at your car and think "I don't like that, look what reg it is!"? My plate makes mine look 9 years older than it is. It doesn't matter to me.

If you want it, get it. Don't worry about trying to impress other people, because whatever you do, there's ALWAYS someone that'll think it's wrong.

Liquid Yellow R27
Thanks for the advice guys, very helpful. I mainly wanted to see if people thought it looked like 'chappers' enough more yah anything. Probably should have made that clearer. Appreciate the advice though :)

It doesn't spell chappers, makes you look like you get a cheapo car and makes your car look older. Lol.

Personalised plates should have less letters/numbers. The less, the better.

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
CH44PERS.....se if they will make u that 1 m8...
i enquired about 1 once,as my name is sean i wanted S34 NYS,lets say it wasnt cheap

E90 320d
Just do it. I have JH03 NOB on my 05 clio. First thing people notice... the last 3 characters. So im sure your plate idea isnt as bad