ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New seats

Ultra Red Megane 225
Swapped the Daytona reclineres for these over the weekend - loads better!
4395073515_0b9eb033d9.jpg

and a quick *****.....
4395837890_610a1663ff.jpg

Next up - minor strippage and 4 pots :)

C&C welcome

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Sweet

However IMO 4 pots are a waste of money, unless you only track your car, even then standard with decent pads are more then enough. How much are you looking to spend on them?

Ultra Red Megane 225
I'll be doing track days as soon as I can tbh, but I dont want to rush into it.

Have budgeted about £700 for them, obviously I'd go for second hand ones if there were any floating about. Unless someone says that they are really and truly a waste of time and then Ill put that money into performance upgrades.

Another reason I want them is for looks! I just dont like the look of the standard calipers behind the wheels and I dont want to paint the calipers as I think that looks a bit like im trying too hard and cant afford an upgrade.

E90
* insert harnesses and no cage comment here * LOL

roffle at the angle of that first pic, looks like the bridge of the titanic LOL

Nice seats :)

Last edited:
  audi a6 3.0tdi
The clio cup racers used standard callipers with uprated pads so unless you are running more power than them its not really worth having 4 pots.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
did you use the same subframes so they slide back and forth>>!! did they just line up with screws same as the daytonas>! as ive thought about these!!!

do they rattle like the bloody daytonas lol! :)

Go for some carbone Lorraine pads for the standard calipers, easily enough breaking power and the RC6's which I have on my Cup cost £130 including next day delivery. Saves you over £500 for anything else.

Seats look good also!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be doing track days as soon as I can tbh, but I dont want to rush into it.

Another reason I want them is for looks! I just dont like the look of the standard calipers behind the wheels and I dont want to paint the calipers as I think that looks a bit like im trying too hard and cant afford an upgrade.

Yeah they look 100x better behind the wheels than the standard calipers TBH.... And besides you can never have enough braking power IMO, I love my 4-pots :cool:

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Looks mint mate, seats are so much nicer.

When we fit my springs I'll have a proper gander! ;)

172 Cup
i like the fact that most people saying 4 pots are a waste of money dont have them lol. A good set of 4 pots are sooooooo much better than the standard set up. So little effort has to be applied for the same effect! Comp-brake do an awesome set up, £850 brand new! I dont run them i admit, but ive fitted/driven lots that do, and they are WELL worth it!

i like the fact that most people saying 4 pots are a waste of money dont have them lol. A good set of 4 pots are sooooooo much better than the standard set up. So little effort has to be applied for the same effect! Comp-brake do an awesome set up, £850 brand new! I dont run them i admit, but ive fitted/driven lots that do, and they are WELL worth it!

Er obviously they dont have them becuase they believe they are a waste of time :S lol

I think the majority of people on here will agree that good discs and pads are all that are needed, especially for a 1000kg car, unless your running stupid power :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
HTML:
sell me yours? :)

Nah ;)

That's the kit I've got, I only paid £650 for it though :approve:

Jat have you ever driven a 172-82 with 4 pots fitted?

Dynamique Flamer
Looking good Pasty am glad you finally found some buckets you going to the ring with the local lot?

E90
A clio isn't fast enough to need 4 pots, if you do need em, you are one of two things, Racing it professionally, or Gay.

Nah ;)

That's the kit I've got, I only paid £650 for it though :approve:

Jat have you ever driven a 172-82 with 4 pots fitted?

No mate and i'm doubting that they have great stopping power or anything, but I just think that £700 could be spent on other things imo when your running a standard 1*2.

But at the end of the day, it's his money and he can do what he likes but i'm just saying what I think :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Weeman said:
A clio isn't fast enough to need 4 pots, if you do need em, you are one of two things, Racing it professionally, or Gay.
This. It's a 1ton car. Purely for show.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Go for some carbone Lorraine pads for the standard calipers, easily enough breaking power and the RC6's which I have on my Cup cost £130 including next day delivery. Saves you over £500 for anything else.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllll piggy, squeal.

* insert harnesses and no cage comment here * LOL

;)

You dont need 4 pots. I nearly bought 6 pots for my saxo lol, then realised that it was slight overkill on a car with 130bhp that weighs 800kg ...

This. It's a 1ton car. Purely for show.

+ 1

I'd like blue 4 pots purely for show - loved the brembos on my 106

The recaros I've got in mine add weight, and I'm swapping the rear bench this weekend for a leather one. But as people have said - unless its going on track it doesn't really matter lol

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels

yup, lot of money for marginal pedal feel improvement.

some scumbag tuners will however swear blind they are a must